Jack Monroe #31 Grunka Lunka dunkety doo, we came for Jack but stayed for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed. Plus I hate this whole trend for zero waste that involves eating carrot tops, banana peels and kumquat ears. Vegetable food waste is really not the issue. You can compost yourself and I would think most councils now have compost collections. I also question the savings. A large bottle of own brand ketchup is usually between 40p and 60p and you don't run the risk of ruining it by adding bananas. And I say that as someone who loves bananas.
Kumquat ... ears? 🥺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
full on celebrity now with 2 thread title mentions @GrunkaLunka maybe you should be applying for a bluetick on twitter? then someone can tweet at jack and she'll reply 🤣😂

Hoping nothing happens this time which results in me being wheeled back out again. I want to enjoy 50 full pages of this high honour, although....

Screenshot_20200623_154711.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
A very true title!

I wasn’t going to rush home for tonight’s insta but if it’s the last one I’ll do my best. Have I missed who the guest is or has she not said?

Reactions: 5
I should get my juicer out. I've done juice diets a few times, longest I lasted was 20 days. It did make me feel fantastic, but it takes some determination to get through the first few days. Kudos to you.

Oh god, that documentary was so good and stopped me from eating junk food for a very long time. I still rarely have it now, though a portion of chips on a summer's eve with a cold pint is a beautiful thing.
After making the film the man (don’t know his name) went onto a vegan diet to regain his health and lose weight.

Reactions: 8
Harvey nichs food condiments?! If you're a Patreon sponsor at this point you must be one of those pay pig fetishists.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Okay, initially I was like banana ketchup sounds vile. Her description does make it sound almost appealing though.

I do have a unique friend who is on the zero waste bandwagon and does eat banana ketchup and eats kiwi skin smoothies and all sorts 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Salutations friends, I have fallen behind! Been feeling like general shite. So tired all the time, irritable, fed up with homeschooling and working on a project that sucks and never seems to end. I haven’t had the energy to tattle, so very sad!

however good news arrived in the form of my husband and I being able to sleep in the same bed again from 6 July and when I think about it I could cry with happiness. The world has been so small these last few months and although I worry about second waves and people not caring any more it’s still a feeling of relief to get change on the horizon.

I see I have missed Jack departing twitter but for reals this time? And we’re watching a mayonnaise cake being made at 5pm??

eta: looked through Allegra’s book, Big Table Busy Kitchen and it is so homey and lovely

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Oooh, excellent work. I was fully expecting it to be Allegra, and the launch of the next stage of her campaign to return to West London charm and Allegra's loving arms.
a) There’s a lot more than two supermarkets in Edinburgh
b) I don’t think a shop at HN or Sainsbury’s would be a bad or too expensive thing for Allegra or Louisa - just because Jack lives like Oliver Twist doesn’t mean her partners want to too. Especially on a weekend away.

If I was away with my partner for a weekend and she insisted on making banana whatever it is instead of having a meal out or making something normal we both like, I’d be getting on that train and going home.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Oh wow, I've not done it for quite a long time but last time I did start to feel really good on it. Then got too skinny and then was a bit of a struggle to go back to eating.

I'm only planning for 3 or 5 days, so either tomorrow might be the last day. I've cheated and had a punnet of strawberries after my lunch juice, but meh they're low cal and mostly water 🤷‍♀️

Somewhat liberating using the slow juicer first thing in the morning to make two litres of juice and then have no cooking to do for the rest of the day :D I just wish I hadn't stocked up on lindt chocolate last week when it was half price..

Everytime I think of some delicious fresh basil pesto I change that internal image to old salad bag pesto, it really works :D
Listen, the 20 days worked for me, but I'm certainly not advocating it for everyone. I had some serious weight to shift after my second child and kept yoyo dieting, which was so frustrating. And all of the sudden I was stuck in that whole 'I must lose weight, it's my only purpose in life' mind trap. The juicing shifted the weight, but it got me away from thinking about food and calories all the time. Like you said, it is quite liberating to just make juice in the morning and then not to think about food anymore.

I'm very much an emotional eater and am still learning to have a healthy relationship with food. I'm getting better but it's an ongoing process. I sometimes miss the days when being vegan meant you couldn't have ice-cream or snack bars or pretty much any convenience food. I was a lot healthier then. Sigh.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
After making the film the man (don’t know his name) went onto a vegan diet to regain his health and lose weight.
Morgan Spurlock! His girlfriend at the time was a vegan chef.

I think the results of his experiment were somewhat exaggerated though - fish and chips every once in a while is not going to do any harm!

Reactions: 13
Morgan Spurlock! His girlfriend at the time was a vegan chef.

I think the results of his experiment were somewhat exaggerated though - fish and chips every once in a while is not going to do any harm!
Yes, it did come under some criticism and he did eat McDonalds exclusively for 30? days, which most people obviously don't do. What was so shocking I think was how quickly his health deteriorated on this diet.

Reactions: 11
There’s a lot more than two supermarkets in Edinburgh
I wonder where they stayed, because there are loads of foods shops dotted all round the city centre.

There's a Holland and Barrett round the corner from HN plus a Scotmid (our version of the co-op for non Scots residents), two Tesco Expresses and an excellent wholefood store (the kind foodies love) not more than 5 minutes walk away! Plus, the many cafés etc.

Sorry, I know I'm going on about this in a bit of a weird way, it's just really pissed me off.

Oh, and Dishoom is also just across the road from HN!!

URGH.

Yes, it did come under some criticism and he did eat McDonalds exclusively for 30? days, which most people obviously don't do. What was so shocking I think was how quickly his health deteriorated on this diet.
Yes, it was really grim. I imagine you'd be sick of the stuff pretty soon.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.