Jack Monroe #307 If she spent the same time doing minimum wage as she does cyber panhandling ...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s not how depression works.
“There’s a reason I keep a cupboard of cheap condiments and spreads to hand” aye to eat them like everyone else you absolute melt. Or are they just for pov funsies and the Pip N Nut is stashed away from your followers (and SB 😢) and eaten straight from the jar, alone, gnashingly at Martin Daubs!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Sure, the cheap meat tastes better :rolleyes: all that cruelty adds flavor? Especially if you could afford higher welfare stuff but don't as a fun game to play.
View attachment 1274354View attachment 1274355
The way Jack talks about food (specifically how it relates to her emotions) is so inappropriate for someone with such a large platform. Someone with a long history of ED* should seriously know how triggering this can be! And someone who bangs on about what a skilled writer she is should understand the power of words.

This is yet more evidence that Jack knows full well how insensitive and triggery her words are but she just doesn't care. Absolute ghoul.

*Not gonna speculate about whether the ED stories are real because we're better than that here. But I will say that the way she writes is not indicative of someone who has worked hard for years to repair their relationship with food. See also: calling snacks "slovenly"

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 61
She does says it’s “complicated and variable” though, to allow for some fib room. Because I’ll bet this isn’t the full picture.
Also, shouldn’t advances be mentioned too? Otherwise she’s not really giving the full picture.
There are way too many variables to be exact. But the numbers do show 15p isn't right. It's not much better, but again a pointless exaggeration.

I am not in publishing / influencing at all. I am an engineer, so love the numbers. There is so much wiggle room in what Jack says we'll never get the real figure. But it's fun to debunk the random statements thrown at us!

We can't be far away from a Coops shot. "This boy though" or the like as a caption...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
If she can get her hands on one tub, she can reverse engineer it and pretty much come up with the same recipe. She’s got a great track record for doing that
Or she could just buy one of their recipe books. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
ExH is a Narc and an addict (never been sober) and he would absolutely be That Person if ever did go to a meeting. And I would feel bleeping sorry for whoever he landed in group with. He’s a Dementor
Same with my ex but the organiser of his group gently, softly asked him to take a step back with his input for a few weeks, which mystified me at the time. Sad to say many years later i finally realised why.

I can imagine exactly what Jack's like. Love bombs, picks the bits of your life and interests she likes and adopts them, sucks all the energy to her and then drip, drip destroys your self esteem with gaslighting. I feel for any of her partners.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
That’s not how depression works.
Jack tweets combinations like this and claims they are their go to foods during the worst depression times , and helped the bad mentals go away. If they are such amazing combos then why weren’t they good enough to go in with the “good food for bad days” rubbish ?

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I can’t believe she said cheap sausages taste better. I’ve eaten a smartprice sausage and I’ve honestly tasted nicer arses.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 106
I sincerely dislike her talk of eating her feelings. It's not healthy or should be encouraged by someone who is supposedly an inspiration to others.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
There's a huge difference between something giving you a pick me up (see my biscuit tin at 11am) and something helping with depression.

Unhealthy ultra processed foods some studies suggest can be unhelpful. But jack doesn't care, it's just some twitter wankery to distract from her other bullshit.
Screenshot_20220517-220058_Chrome.jpg

Is someone on creating the new thread? I ment to do it as I haven't in ages, but I'm too 😴

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.