Jack Monroe #307 If she spent the same time doing minimum wage as she does cyber panhandling ...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of my roles is helping people with benefit claims. I will blow my own trumpet and say I am bloody good at it too. All but one PIP claim awarded and the one that hasn’t been is going to Tribunal with my support. ….the individual will win at this point. I wouldn’t be backing them if I thought otherwise.

Likewise I help with forms for UC, Carers Allowance, Attendance Allowance and even stuff for the DVLA.

I have rarely ever had a problem when dealing with DWP staff, on the whole I have found them helpful and understanding. So if Jack is struggling to deal with claims then she needs to ask someone who knows what they are doing. A hint if you are reading Jack….your local community resource centre will have someone or know of an organisation who will help free of charge,

Her MH is flaky enough that I would bet she is at the threshold for a successful PIP claim on MH grounds. She should look into this and ask for help….I’ve helped people with MH claim PIP and found the right evidence to support them too.

Oh and Jack….never ever help anyone wih a claims form, you can’t even do them for yourself. Signpost elsewhere,

• Heart
Reactions: 84
Jack,

If you literally can't lie, why did you recommend a book called Georgia Church Suppers in a list of books about Eastern European cookery, going so far as to declare the book "a banger" when the book was about Georgia the state, not Georgia the country?

How did that happen when you literally can't lie because of your autism?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 135
One of my roles is helping people with benefit claims. I will blow my own trumpet and say I am bloody good at it too. All but one PIP claim awarded and the one that hasn’t been is going to Tribunal with my support. ….the individual will win at this point. I wouldn’t be backing them if I thought otherwise.

Likewise I help with forms for UC, Carers Allowance, Attendance Allowance and even stuff for the DVLA.

I have rarely ever had a problem when dealing with DWP staff, on the whole I have found them helpful and understanding. So if Jack is struggling to deal with claims then she needs to ask someone who knows what they are doing. A hint if you are reading Jack….your local community resource centre will have someone or know of an organisation who will help free of charge,

Her MH is flaky enough that I would bet she is at the threshold for a successful PIP claim on MH grounds. She should look into this and ask for help….I’ve helped people with MH claim PIP and found the right evidence to support them too.

Oh and Jack….never ever help anyone wih a claims form, you can’t even do them for yourself. Signpost elsewhere,
She probably struggles with them cos they get flat out refused and she thinks it’s their fault.

Reactions: 28
Every time space squig is mentioned I get a Babylon Zoo earworm 😑

He's a bit intense is he not? 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Would you knock on Jack's door voluntarily? I'd have lobbed the parcel over the wall/fence/boundary.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
God, she's really going for the sympathy vote now isn't she (apologising for arthritic handwriting) It's all a bit pathetic. What age is this woman?

She doesn't know what real trauma is - I read so much of Tattle yesterday I had a nightmare last night that I was told off very publicly by the mods ON A THREAD ON THIS VERY SITE for something I'd written. Mortified I was - I think my face was even burning with embarrassment in my sleep - Now, that was trauma. S'ok, s'ok, I'm all right now, honestly. <sob, sniff>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

Space Squig is really giving me Kathy-Bates-on-Misery / Kevin-Spacey-on-Seven vibes, I wish they would stop. Not even Jack deserves this crap.
She actually replied :oops: While I admit to a certain morbid curiosity about what's in this package I'd definitely be blocking and yeeting the thing into the nearest abandoned mine shaft or something.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
She actually replied :oops: While I admit to a certain curiosity about what's in this package I'd definitely be blocking and yeeting the thing into the nearest abandoned mine shaft or something.
It's clearly going to be his lovingly soiled underwear or something.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 70
"One kiss is all it takes"? Jack, I'm legit worried for you with this one.

ETA Could be Dua Lipa tickets or something, but why would that be?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
duck sake lads, I spent 3 hours at the Doctors earlier cos I’m still rancid, came out clutching pain after being looked over and a blood test (please oh please do not be glandular bleeping fever) then had a 2.5 hour nap courtesy of the pain, meaning I am super behind on the last of the packing

so I have a serious grunk to do

but wanted to throw this in

PTSD due to a few months on Income Support? duck off. Not having it. Mine (CPTSD) is due to sustained and repeated traumatic events, which is currently being made worse again, my Psych says my timeline is one of the worst he’s ever seen and he’s also never seen anyone try so hard, repeatedly, to change their life only to get stamped on again by circumstances out of their control.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.