Jack Monroe #302 What in the westborough baptist church is that hair scarf?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fish finger curry sounds so much nicer than fish finger lasagne. Remember fish finger lasagne? I can't remember if she shared the recipe so here it is if you would like to make one.

1. First start by menacingly sharpening a knife. Next, spend over a minute sawing through a leek in slow motion, including the tough green bits. Fade out your tinkly background music for no apparent reason while you cook the leeks in cold oil. Add POBP and some spinach boulders with mysterious liquid. Add an orange vegetable. It doesn't matter which one, they're all the same. Cover and simmer until the nutritional benefits have been completely removed.

2. Breathe heavily as you blend butter, cheese (spill some for good measure), milk and flour. Slop it into the leek pan. Inexplicably mash the tit out of it which is never going to work because you can't mash spinach. Prove this point by pulling strands of spinach out of your masher. Put more mysterious liquid in, it's not sloppy enough.

3. Mustard?

4. Add a layer of fish fingers to your oven-proof dish. Add some stringy slop on top and then your dried lasagne sheets. More fish fingers in a different configuration. More stringy slop and more lasagne. Make sure to break a sheet up into lots of tiny shards and throw them on top. Drain the liquid off something. No idea what it was. Top with blended cheese slop, more cheese and some unspecified dust. Put it in an oven above head height for some length of time.

5. When you remove it from the oven, put your background music up to full volume again. Bon appetit.

Never seen it before. What the heck? Not made it through the whole thing because I just can't but the knife sharpening and slow cutting is absolutely bizarre.
And the codeswitching, truth is she is as inauthentic as her work day is inexplicably long. She doesn't know who or what she is , she doesn't understand her target audience or what she thinks she is the voice of.
She doesn't know how to 'be hersef' in any given situation, hence her terrifying nerves on screen and her constant chip chopping around with everything.
If she played up one specific persona all the time like nigella's sexy schtick or was herself 100%of the time she'd be a lot happier, less try hardy and always missing the mark and maybe even get the media career she's so desperate for.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Oh dear Lord I just popped to You Tube to watch the excruciating interview with Allegra.

And I just stumbled across THIS

I’m sure it’s been shared before but I must have missed it
Working class poetry accent and the f word 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Question, did flying monkeys go after this guy?
All a bit weird but nothing to do with jack (unless her sock game is exceptionally sophisticated). Seems like there were some accusations of racism as Depher auto followed back with no screening and some of their followers post racist things. The guy who runs it is well-meaning as far as I can tell but a little ..dim (sounds awful but I can't think of a better word) and he started posting pictures of black families he had helped and it all escalated. Then there was the weird accusation that because of the hate he'd missed a message from someone suicidal. And then a social media management company took over (I'm not convinced as the tone of the tweets was very similar) then some strange hack type thing...all in the last two or so days. V odd.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Oh dear Lord I just popped to You Tube to watch the excruciating interview with Allegra.

Soooooo bolshy. That jacket needs to be burnt

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Don’t think it was Jack’s flying monkeys and I may have missed the whole story but the other day from what I could see people were attacking him because some people he followed had posted racist things (I couldn’t see the accounts so I’m not sure) and I think there was a bit of a dispute. There could be more to it but there seemed to be a dispute around things
Ah ok. Thanks. Feel free to remove mods

Reactions: 10

Her performative swearing, I can't.

Can you die from cringe?

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
What a bleep! Someone is trying to be nice and helpful and she resorts to snark as usual and directs them to a shite ad ridden website that will earn her a pittance. She really is foul in the way she passive aggressively talks to people.
Absolutely. I can just imagine the wave of shame and embarrassment for that poor squig when they read jack's reply. Hope the squig comes over here and feels vindicated

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Absolutely. I can just imagine the wave of shame and embarrassment for that poor squig when they read jack's reply. Hope the squig comes over here and feels vindicated
She also failed to notice that he is using her recipes to argue that it's easy to eat cheaply...

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Soooooo bolshy. That jacket needs to be burnt
is she wearing a firefighter's uniform? 🚒 appropriating firefighter culture again, tut tut. someone should have lied about a fire in the building to get her offstage, trying to locate the fire so she could lamp it

• Haha
Reactions: 28
A few of them will have been quite excited until they looked her up and saw what a pathetic little mouse she is.
I heard she went down the bottom of the garden and the brambly mice laughed and kicked her in the shins.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.