Jack Monroe #302 What in the westborough baptist church is that hair scarf?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes! I've been going into different ones but I have questions that need answering so I am doing a chronological deep dive. I'll being back things from the past that are funny, I'll be like the Time Lord but with a cheese grater and crappy hat x

Edit: added a word
I’m up to thread 14 and would quite like her to sod off to Venice for a fortnight so I can catch up a bit more on the old stuff!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Jack on Twitter - violent, angry, gobby

Jack in real life - a tiny nervous mouse that shakes like a shitting dog.

Can't beat being a keyboard warrior can you?

• Haha
Reactions: 48
The other thing I think is the paper most likely don't respect her in the same way they don't respect KP but they use her for page fillers and stories because she sells the papers and gets people In a tizzy.

Like I have said before hating the Tories is the thing to do at the minute and anyone "sticking" to it them is going to get some interest, so an angry little pixie shouting about life and how unfair it is perfect for all the middle-class lovies who idea of campaigning for rights is the same as hers.

Reactions: 28
I'm behind, so someone may have already pointed this out. Code switching is nothing special. Almost everyone does it. Here's a good definition

code-switching, process of shifting from one linguistic code (a language or dialect) to another, depending on the social context or conversational setting.

A clear example is a person speaking Italian at home, but English at work and out and about (an Italian living in the UK)

It could also be someone with a strong regional accent toning that accent down at school or with friends (so she's more easily understood)

Code switching also includes talking differently with your friends on a night out than to your Rev at church.

Everyone does it. It's not exhausting. It's not taxing. And it's not special.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
B92E109C-554E-4595-90FE-34BFCDADA75B.jpeg

Not really it’s a cost of capitalism crisis surely? Or cost of housing crisis? Like even as a massive Corbynite I can’t think of what a even a very left wing labour could do to fix the problem of housing? It’s too far gone for any one political party to fix in one (or even two!) tenures??

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
JACK IS EXTREMELY TIRED.

View attachment 1259346
I thought she did get paid but she chose to donate the fees? That's not the same as not being paid.

Jack's view on poverty is so simplistic and naive, and it really shows that it isn't something she's ever experienced for a significant length of time.

What that MP said is tit, I'm not denying that at all. People in poverty aren't struggling due to their own lack of skills and it's abhorrent of him to imply that they are. But there is a link between poverty and the opportunity to learn new skills, and it's so so frustrating that this never gets acknowledged whenever Jack gets wheeled out to talk about food and poverty.

If you are working multiple jobs to survive and you also have to provide all care for your children/disabled relatives then when are you going to find the time to learn to cook?! A lot of children growing up in poverty are also young carers- when are they going to learn to cook if they're coming straight home from school every day to the physical and emotional labour of being an unpaid carer?! How is a family with No Recourse To Public Funds (something Jack never, ever mentions in her rants about poverty!!) going to access resources that can help them learn a new skill when their local library closes due to lack of investment? People in poverty don't just need more money, they need help accessing the basic opportunities that many of us take for granted.

Of course it's inaccurate and offensive to suggest that people in poverty "just can't cook". But Jack's claim that knowledge and skills aren't in any way related to socioeconomic status is just bleeping (sorry Rev) stupid and is basically just Molly-Mae's 24 hours a day bullshit dressed up in a different wig.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I'm behind, so someone may have already pointed this out. Code switching is nothing special. Almost everyone does it. Here's a good definition

code-switching, process of shifting from one linguistic code (a language or dialect) to another, depending on the social context or conversational setting.

A clear example is a person speaking Italian at home, but English at work and out and about (an Italian living in the UK)

It could also be someone with a strong regional accent toning that accent down at school or with friends (so she's more easily understood)

Code switching also includes talking differently with your friends on a night out than to your Rev at church.

Everyone does it. It's not exhausting. It's not taxing. And it's not special.
I'd disagree and say for some people code switching and almost hiding your true self can be tiring.

Just not for Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
What happened to doing sit ups and using the water rower when angry? Is pastry making the Stepford Wife equivalent?
Correct! Thread 12, May 2020. She reckoned she did ab crunches and bicep curls.

Other highlights:
Screenshot_20220511-170744_Chrome.jpg
I have now saved this as a search in Ebay so we can have a giggle if it pops up again. Aren't people still complaining that they haven't got their copy?

Screenshot_20220511-171642_Chrome.jpg
'Smoosh'. Like playdough, apparently 🤢🤮

Screenshot_20220511-191643_Chrome.jpg
What the duck

Screenshot_20220511-192903_Chrome.jpg
'been the same size jeans for years'

To sum up:

hqdefault (1).jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
I thought she did get paid but she chose to donate the fees? That's not the same as not being paid.

Jack's view on poverty is so simplistic and naive, and it really shows that it isn't something she's ever experienced for a significant length of time.

What that MP said is tit, I'm not denying that at all. People in poverty aren't struggling due to their own lack of skills and it's abhorrent of him to imply that they are. But there is a link between poverty and the opportunity to learn new skills, and it's so so frustrating that this never gets acknowledged whenever Jack gets wheeled out to talk about food and poverty.

If you are working multiple jobs to survive and you also have to provide all care for your children/disabled relatives then when are you going to find the time to learn to cook?! A lot of children growing up in poverty are also young carers- when are they going to learn to cook if they're coming straight home from school every day to the physical and emotional labour of being an unpaid carer?! How is a family with No Recourse To Public Funds (something Jack never, ever mentions in her rants about poverty!!) going to access resources that can help them learn a new skill when their local library closes due to lack of investment? People in poverty don't just need more money, they need help accessing the basic opportunities that many of us take for granted.

Of course it's inaccurate and offensive to suggest that people in poverty "just can't cook". But Jack's claim that knowledge and skills aren't in any way related to socioeconomic status is just bleeping (sorry Rev) stupid and is basically just Molly-Mae's 24 hours a day bullshit dressed up in a different wig.
Everything is a DIRECT CAUSAL LINK.

In Jack’s world there are no other possible variables that need to be considered.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Somewhere, out there, is a Tory mp singing “smack me on the bottom with a woman’s weekly” I think yesterday’s wig Jack would be the perfect Jack to do this
But will he melt the buttons on her flame proof nighty?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
The other thing I think is the paper most likely don't respect her in the same way they don't respect KP but they use her for page fillers and stories because she sells the papers and gets people In a tizzy.

Like I have said before hating the Tories is the thing to do at the minute and anyone "sticking" to it them is going to get some interest, so an angry little pixie shouting about life and how unfair it is perfect for all the middle-class lovies who idea of campaigning for rights is the same as hers.
Absolutely.

Jack, they don’t call on you for your intelligence and insight. They call on you because you’re always available and eager to perform. Don’t pretend it’s an imposition – you love it! You are rolled out at every opportunity to “spank” the Tories. If you are genuinely never paid and nothing further comes of this then they are using you and taking the piss.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Absolutely.

Jack, they don’t call on you for your intelligence and insight. They call on you because you’re always available and eager to perform. Don’t pretend it’s an imposition – you love it! You are rolled out at every opportunity to “spank” the Tories. If you are genuinely never paid and nothing further comes of this then they are using you and taking the piss.
If she is stupid enough to work for free then more fool her.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, based on absolutely everything Jack has cooked recently, OH is unlikely to be Muslim or Jewish.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if her fishfinger curry comes with cooking bacon sprinkled on top.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.