Jack Monroe #302 What in the westborough baptist church is that hair scarf?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, but on the regular Tory MPs will vote for the things the Tory Government proposes, and at times are explicitely instructed to do so. I've not seen many Tory MPs give Johnson and his ministers a very hard time lately over the cost of living crisis......And just because Lee Anderson was a Labot councilor before does not mean he is not an MP from the current governing party either.

Yes, Jack talks out of her ass, but not sure what Tom Hardwood is suggesting? Are MPs from the governing party not to be questioned about their party if they're not a cabinet member? That would be quite ridiculous in my opinion, especially when said MP votes in favour of (almost) everything that government puts forward.
No, of course they can and should be held to account as members of the party of government but they're still not in government. They're certainly in a better position to influence the government were they to rebel en masse than MPs in other parties but that's about it.

Reactions: 20
Many years ago, for a few months, I had a really boring job as a typist for a firm of surveyors. I spent aallll day typing up homebuyers reports. There were standard phrases the surveyors would dictate, so monotonously, that eventually I kept them in one document and would just copy and paste them in.

Just saying.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Truly amazing she has the technological capability to upload this onto her website, but not her recipes.

Screenshot 2022-05-12 at 19.15.31.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Rattling the tip jar then. Did she spend too much on that stupid tripod in Venice?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Yes, Jack talks out of her ass, but not sure what Tom Hardwood is suggesting?
I think he’s just picking up on the fact that Jack doesn’t seem to understand that backbenchers and ministers are different.

(Now I’m off to bathe in bleach to get the stench of agreeing with Tom Harwood off me).

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Can we have a poll on the next thread, please?

Have you read the lastest essay?

Yes
No
Reading it later

Or similar.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I read up to the point where she described Tom Harwood as being “disdainfully employed at GBeebies” and could get no further. A lot of (incorrect) words in there, and for what? For dick all.

I’ll tell you what, Jack, if you start a tip jar to raise money for a dictionary, I’m all in.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I've squiggled the rest of the tweet as it's not relevant, but just look who turned up in the tweet underneath jack on my tl!

20220512_193420.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 76
Archived her latest screed, just in case:

Omg, if any trainee psychologists need a case study on narcissistic behaviours, this is it. I couldn't bear it, and only got halfway through.
She is DISGUSTING.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Not even touching the rest of her latest diatribe, because its main point seems to be how she's not as wealthy as she feels she should be (along with the copy-pasted suicide story from Pasta, still without a bleeping content warning), but I am ROLLING at the thought of Jack being a train driver. If people think the rail service is bad now, wait till Jack gets anywhere near it.

"The 9:12 service from Celery, Edinburgh to Croydon is running late because I slept through my alarms. It's not my fault, I'm AUTISTIC, you mendacious bullies."

"The next train is cancelled because I'm in the middle of a very important Twitter argument with someone who said I'm not the fastest and most reliable train driver they've ever had. Stop complaining, I'm on the verge of a complete mental breakdown and have been driving this train for 2,000 hours without a rest break and don't even get paid for it. Please leave me alone."

"Thankyou for travelling with us today. Please feel free to leave a tip for the driver as you disembark."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Big four only?

So, I've got an Aldi close by, but, no - I have to factor in the £2.40 each way bus (big maths sez £4.80) which equals seven days maize snacks, ever-lasting-swedes, bollockasages and Tiffany dupes.

I think I'm gonna need more A4 and biros to recalculate my winning entry, but, by Westboro, I'm a gonna do it, aye

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Fish finger curry sounds so much nicer than fish finger lasagne. Remember fish finger lasagne? I can't remember if she shared the recipe so here it is if you would like to make one.

1. First start by menacingly sharpening a knife. Next, spend over a minute sawing through a leek in slow motion, including the tough green bits. Fade out your tinkly background music for no apparent reason while you cook the leeks in cold oil. Add POBP and some spinach boulders with mysterious liquid. Add an orange vegetable. It doesn't matter which one, they're all the same. Cover and simmer until the nutritional benefits have been completely removed.

2. Breathe heavily as you blend butter, cheese (spill some for good measure), milk and flour. Slop it into the leek pan. Inexplicably mash the tit out of it which is never going to work because you can't mash spinach. Prove this point by pulling strands of spinach out of your masher. Put more mysterious liquid in, it's not sloppy enough.

3. Mustard?

4. Add a layer of fish fingers to your oven-proof dish. Add some stringy slop on top and then your dried lasagne sheets. More fish fingers in a different configuration. More stringy slop and more lasagne. Make sure to break a sheet up into lots of tiny shards and throw them on top. Drain the liquid off something. No idea what it was. Top with blended cheese slop, more cheese and some unspecified dust. Put it in an oven above head height for some length of time.

5. When you remove it from the oven, put your background music up to full volume again. Bon appetit.

I’m sorry, is this real? What is she doing? Help.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.