Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Limey

VIP Member
I’m glad you said this, I got the same gut feeling that Mammy is also prone to… overly identifying with her ailments.

I think they both value victimhood highly. I think Mammy also has genuine sympathy, but sometimes wants a piece of the pie herself, but Jack has dialled it up to 11 due to growing up into the modern middle-class oppression politics cult. She doesn’t have actual empathy for the suffering, she wants to be them so she can be more “valid”.
Post of the day!

Also, Happy 300 you ninnies.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

Clarends

Chatty Member
Sorry, I don't want to make this 'all about me' but for 300 could someone find the Downfall Vid I made.
I'm so inept I can't find it on here or remember where I made it.
I haven't watched it since and wondered if it had aged well.
Sorry.
I hope it's found it's very funny

hollywood

Same, but as a result I'm reeeeally slow so definitely couldn't handle working in a professional kitchen. Whenever I cook for my parents they joke that the food will be amazing but we won't be eating it til midnight.
I’m exactly the same. My family know whatever time I say it’s going be at least two hours after. We all like eating late anyway . A professional kitchen would end me .I hate the thought of people touching my food to display it and kitchens are so hot that brow sweat is going to be dripping . I get that there are standards to be maintained when people are paying a high price for food but the amount getting thrown in food waste bins because of minor issues always shocks me.

• Heart

FunnyFuneral

VIP Member
I was going to have a celebratory 300th thread BBQ. However the minute I finished building the bastard thing it clouded over. Needless to say fraus, I am in a fugue state.
Were the instructions in French, like when Homer built a BBQ? "LE GRILLE? ?? What the hell is that?" I'm sure it was a mighty fine looking barbeque, dear heart Geetbo

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

rogueapostrophe

VIP Member
The height of sophistication was Gino Ginelli ice cream. I liked all of them except the tutti frutti, which had sticky candy fruit pieces that stuck in your teeth.

What a blast from the past - used to love some Gino but agree that Tutti Frutti was rank!

• Heart
  • Haha

Wooh

VIP Member
Ohmygod, so funny!

"I even refuse to borrow it officially" is the best!

Condensed soup. It says on the label to add a tin of water. She's so stupid it hurts me.

And once again, the author's note that it sounds bad, just trust her.

Monroeville: a funny place to stop, but you wouldn't want to live there

Happy 300th, all!
I hope OH is doing an Amber Heard and recording everything 😂

Frau Lawyer: so you poured yourself a mega pint of slow cooker tea?
The Judge listening to the recording: all I can hear is maniacal laughter and hysterical weeping. Is that a knock on the door? Why are you howling, Mx Monroe?

• Haha

WTFDidIJustSee

Chatty Member
I don't actually think there was anything wrong with her resigning if it didn't fit round SB like she said, and I don't think that alone would have been embarrassing for her dad, it's all the rest of the drama that apparently went along with it.

Plus by her own admission she had involved parents and SB's dad so in her specific situation I do think she could have avoided a lot of the problems she found herself having if she'd planned it better even if the arrangement wasn't sustainable long term. This is one of the most frustrating things about her to me that she had this massive safety net that most single parents in her position don't have yet she still thinks she had the toughest time anyone has ever had, and she's clearly aware she had it and how lucky that makes her because she actively lies in so many versions of the story to make out that she didn't have it.
That’s what I was attempting to say, by comparison, but didn’t phrase it properly because my Adderall is wearing off 🤣

Is that worms in a bap?
Looks like some of the parasites I studied in my final year, vom.

• Haha

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Hello! I've been lurking since near the beginning. I found Tattle because M***n*t told me it was a place of sin, so I came to check it out. JM was one of the few names I recognised - but I thought they were a good egg, from my Grauniad days. Soon I learnt they were inexplicable. Working from home in lockdown I enjoyed catching up on DKL commentaries. I'm very much a wallflower, but I've loved being an NPC in the last 300 threads, so I thought I'd say 'Hi' before I go back to anonymity. I'm a silent Frau, who's off for a piss and a sandwich. Thankyou.
Luv your avatar

• Heart
That’s what I was attempting to say, by comparison, but didn’t phrase it properly because my Adderall is wearing off 🤣

Looks like some of the parasites I studied in my final year, vom.
I'm dosed up on hay fever medication because everyone in my immediate radius appears to have decided today is peak lawn mowing day so I am also not completely with it 😂

• Heart
  • Haha