Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
Did you not all get a classic Italian frozen dessert on your doorstep this morning to celebrate?

You get a Viennetta! And you get a Viennetta! And you get a Viennetta!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100

kachoochoo

VIP Member
yaaas! this was all part of my evil plan! I won thread title 300 to go with my winning of thread title 100!

anyhoo

to summarise:

jack wrote all the names and parties of the local election candidates in a notebook and was exhausted

jack is now italian, as well as being greek and irish

she's shouted at lots of people and decided she doesn't live in thorpe bay, even though she does

per wiki is up there somewhere ⬆

always remember - libel is costly babes x

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97

Sglodion

Chatty Member
Haven’t done a full grunk yet so apolz if it’s been mentioned, but they’re talking about us on m*****t in the chat section, amazed it’s not been deleted yet.
I mean, I'm happy to admit that forming a whole 300-thread community complete with countless in-jokes and Pumble-demon mythos around our shared dislike of an occasional Guardian food blogger is indeed completely unhinged, and I for one am not ashamed of this behaviour.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 96

Jumpstarqueen

Trying to post quickly to be a smol part of thread 300 glory, as incoming cooking chaos threatens the lovely canal only vibe with more fanciful Monroe bullshit.

I'm a very shy Frau who has had nothing to add but I've LOVED your hilarious and insightful commentary from the first lockdown. I've learnt so much from you all, not least to be much more careful of my fingernail hygiene. From that you can tell that I am not Jack.

I arrived here after seeing her post that she'd been on x factor. I remember thinking that was the final straw, she was talking endless shite and googled it, finding Tattle (and unfortunately that singing video). But it turns she did audition. Or did she, who the fuck cares.

I had been sucked in enough to buy one of her books and I made my family the infamous Sausagna, not once or twice but thrice! Obviously amending the recipe each time as it was so awful. My family still mock the Sausagna. I also confess to making the peach, chickpea abomination but that was a one time deal. I'm not a complete fool.

Thank you all for being a little corner of the internet that sees through the obvious nonsense. I sometimes find it quite depressing that so many seem to lap up every stupid thing she says, with no apparent critical thinking, and that she gets so much praise. Thank beans for all you do here. Hopefully it will not be another 300 threads before the truth bites her on her Mediterranean arse.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 95

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
Oh my Christ. The vienetta hats. Grunting this morning and I thought everyone had made their own but no, behold! The Tattle Gods have smiled on us 🎩 🍦 🇮🇹

@Yel @Pocahontas we SHAN’T ever forget this. Tattle has my heart forever Have a lovely day! 🥰

#blessed #thankyou 🥹

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 95

kachoochoo

VIP Member
just realised I haven't done anything particularly creative or funny for thread 300, so I've had a lil trawl through my gallery for some greatest hits. think of them as the peach and chickpea curry of my output

the mask (coming up to the mask's anniversary, what could surpass this?)

Screenshot_20220508-020125_Gallery.jpg

this is evergreen

Screenshot_20220508-020418_Gallery.jpg

and that time I did this to jack and zak for reasons that remain unclear

20220508_020708.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 92

SlopAmbsase

Chatty Member
Happy 300 you despicable bastards!

I was looking for something to toast our milestone with, so of course my first thought was to visit our Slop Queen’s highly responsive, intuitively designed and up to date website:

426AE91D-B4D2-4967-BB6C-772C04B58CC7.png

Happily, our smol maverick did not disappoint. I’m sure the canal will agree this is ideal. She makes it sounds extraordinarily disgusting and if consumed would have you feeling like Aschenbach at the end of Death in Venice.

3CCF5C53-DBB1-4D12-A25E-47B1343922BD.png

Cheers ninnies! Hope you have a love leech OH to deliver you a passive aggressive smoothie bowl in the morning if you make it through the night ♥.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 91

SlopAmbsase

Chatty Member
By the power of thread 300 I manifested my own chaos today so I’m chilling the fuck down by looking at gifs gone by. It’s making me feel very nice so here you are, canal ♥

The T-1slop. Will assemble around any molten lard puddle and will chop awkwardly with its stabby arm:

eb720608b6f74face7196bfb1236ae64dd39ccc3&rid=giphy.gif

Hamburglar Jack (when Jack insinuated that we robbed her garage, maliciously rifled through her cuttings and stole Grandad’s rusty Le Creuset):

Jaketh:

J1geth:

Trageth:

And that weird bit back in January when she dyed all her clothes black and became a Joth:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
Oh dear 😬 I did actually have one the last time I went to a chippy. They put it in a big pot the size of a coffee cup. As a gherkin connoisseur I would rate it a 2/10, it was size over substance. For 🔺 reasons I cannot reveal the location of said chippy but here's what the gherkin looked like, filter applied for its personal protection.

gherkin.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 90
344% Lurker-ish since the beginning Frau, absolutely rare in posting comments pal, softly gently has to Google most of the big words you Ninnies use correctly. These threads are my nnnnnggghhh happy place. Thank(space)you and fuck off xx

• Heart
Reactions: 90

MancBee

VIP Member
I have just said to my OH (🤢🤮) that I had better get to Tesco to buy a Vienetta before it closes at 4.

Fraus, I have been under the misapprehension that today is Sunday. #alldaysareinterchangable

Is Jack awake yet? I thought she would want to join us with her riff on Vienetta.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88

colouredlines

VIP Member
She is posh, but not in a pleasant way like Joanna Lumley! She has one of the worst voices I’ve ever heard.

Trying to sound posh because your parents are watching is the most middle class thing in the world. Funny how she thinks that’s a reasonable excuse to defend her “commoner” credentials.
Dyed-in-the-wool Marxist Dad would be horrified if his daughter was on TV with a common accent!

PS Happy 300 everyone! These threads were such a lifesaver during lockdown, and have been an amazing place to hang out ever since. Thank you Jack Monroe for your terrible cooking, appalling grasp of the English language, cuntish personality, and inability to understand that there are two Georgias. You brought us together - I hope you're enjoying a celebratory glass of flat cream soda and tea!

• Haha
  • Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I went back in. I re-read thread #31 and it did not disappoint! It was so funny reading it again, she was being a dickhead then and, dear hearts, she hasn’t changed a bit. Well no that’s not true, imo she’s got worse. Here are my personal highlights (apart from the ice lolly chat, intertwined with all the other shenanigans 😂)

F9731C1F-3508-47E7-B716-0DB238B02984.png

3FC6EA49-20A2-4413-85F0-857A533C3700.jpeg

E9C631D8-0345-40BD-BCF3-392D4C82F994.jpeg

FCEE9871-5A4E-4180-A46F-CC4D7D65224D.jpeg

24E4A449-CD00-4A79-A10B-6598355BC1C0.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart