Jack Monroe #297 I'm not a natural tax payer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
p**ch and chi**pea c*rry strikes again!

View attachment 1235028

View attachment 1235030
Is there really a glut of tinned peaches across all the foodbanks in the land? It's such a strange item to purchase to donate. I always donate everyday tins like beans and spaghetti hoops for example. Universally liked stuff. Who the duck is donating all the peaches?!

(And I wonder how many of the DM prunes are still hanging about at where ever Jack dumped them!)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
I find it amazing that she hasn’t been cancelled. There was a high profile Indian chef (I can’t remember who) complaining about Brits just calling everything curry yet she posts this underflavoured peach monstrosity and doesn’t get cancelled for it.
She messes with risotto with her long grain bullshit yet she calls out Jamie Oliver who at least appears to have some respect for his ingredients

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
I find it amazing that she hasn’t been cancelled. There was a high profile Indian chef (I can’t remember who) complaining about Brits just calling everything curry yet she posts this underflavoured peach monstrosity and doesn’t get cancelled for it.
She messes with risotto with her long grain bullshit yet she calls out Jamie Oliver who at least appears to have some respect for his ingredients
JO can actually cook

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Wat :ROFLMAO: Is the tooting a reference to something I'm not getting, or is it just supposed to be like 'ner ner'?
She was just giving folk on here the two fingers because she was so happy. Lasted a week and she was back in the bad mentals
Is there really a glut of tinned peaches across all the foodbanks in the land? It's such a strange item to purchase to donate. I always donate everyday tins like beans and spaghetti hoops for example. Universally liked stuff. Who the duck is donating all the peaches?!

(And I wonder how many of the DM prunes are still hanging about at where ever Jack dumped them!)
I always donate beans and instant mash.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

I also, don’t come for me foodies, but I actually think tinned peaches are nicer than fresh ones and I used to eat them with granola and squirty cream. It was a stoner’s peach crumble, basically. If I was Jack, I’d have parlayed that into a TODALLEE UNIQUE N MAVERICKK recipe with a name like “Dear Heart Pixie Hug with Sqeegee Kitty Cream” and have spent the last 20 years re blogging and mentioning it at every opportunity. Alas, I am not a genius level maverick campaigner and inventor, so I missed my chance to become a certified National Treasure.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I also, don’t come for me foodies, but I actually think tinned peaches are nicer than fresh ones and I used to eat them with granola and squirty cream. It was a stoner’s peach crumble, basically. If I was Jack, I’d have parlayed that into a TODALLEE UNIQUE N MAVERICKK recipe with a name like “Dear Heart Pixie Hug with Sqeegee Kitty Cream” and have spent the last 20 years re blogging and mentioning it at every opportunity. Alas, I am not a genius level maverick campaigner and inventor, so I missed my chance to become a certified National Treasure.
I think you might be right as it is impossible to get a nice fresh peach. Because of supermarkets giving us fruit out of season the peaches are pretty tit these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I’m not a fan of tinned peaches because I don’t like any fruit in syrup but that peach and chickpea curry is a monstrosity. I’ll also say I feel exactly the same about the carrot and cumin burgers. Monstrous.

I’d rather eat a well fired roll (Scottish) with crisps on it any day than that shite.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
My mum just told me that she had "baked beans in a salad". I was aghast. She explained that "it was very nice with mayonnaise". She likes baked beans cold but not hot. I don't think she rinsed the beans but couldn't bring bring myself to ask.

Anyway, thought Jack might like the idea if she is reading here.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
I didn't know till I saw stacks of them in a Spanish market about 10 years ago that tinned peaches are not peaches that have changed flavour due to being canned. They a different type of peach.... and if you eat a fresh one it tastes just like a canned one. Comes off the stone really easily. I've seen them now and then on a uk Market since then.

• Wow
Reactions: 33
Quisling was a Nazi collaborator. I mean she's bad but not Nazi level bad!
Good point, crimes against food on the other hand......

Vidkun Quisling was a Norwegian politician and soldier who collaborated with the Nazis and basically sold out his country, the people and values he may have once had. His name is a byword for the traitor within.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Oh Jack called herself a class traitor the other day, when nutri-squig politely disagreed with her. She had to invent the insults which should have been thrown at her, in order to justify her rage.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Well, exactly. Does it need space in a prominent broadsheet newspaper? It’s like JM’s insistence that she revolutionised burgers by making a black bean and carrot burger. Does she really expect people to believe that no one anywhere, ever, has ever thought of mashing veg and pulses together to make a patty? What does she think tikki or felafel are? Vegetable patties have existed in cooking for centuries.
Even Wimpy introduced a bean burger in 1986. One for the kids there. (y) :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.