Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CocoCottesmore

Ok listening back and transcribing;
JCC: do you know how a Georgian person would pronounce Tblisi?
Now into voice notes
Friend: Woman why on earth do you want to know that?
JCC: well I am a member of an Internet forum and people are wondering as there is a fake chef who pretended to read a Georgian cook book, and I know you've been there so I thought I'd ask you, I'm very invested in the conversations
Friend: Is Mr C (obv didn't say Mr C IRL) home tonight?
JCC: no, I'm home alone
Friend: thought so. I could tell you but I won't as I think you are crazy, it's Saturday night and you need to get a life. I will text Mr C and tell him he shouldn't leave you alone. I love you very much but you are a mad woman. Put a film on please
I want to hang out with you and your wonderful friend :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

TurnedUpInTipp

VIP Member
When TD posted a screenshot of Jacks booklist she squiggled out her name.

Jack is forensic enough to factor in when SB goes to his dads for the day but has breakfast at her house first, or has been away for the day and comes home in time for tea, so SB may be at this dads house for more than one third of the time, its just one third of his meals he has there.
One of TD's squigs named her.

• Wow
Reactions: 18

Pavlova

VIP Member
That 'hold fast' photo is from my fave film Master and Commander ( I recognised it straight away lol) - although newer fraus can be forgiven for thinking this is Jacksie's actual fingernails (if past performances are anything to go by). Jack Monroe - the Preserved Killick of the Culinary World. (ETA: he's the cook on board who's always moaning and whining, and serves up Weevil-ridden food...)

Reactions: 17

Captainmouse

VIP Member
On a serious note do people remember back in the day when she only had to breathe to get nominated for awards. It’s not like that now. Hence all the chaos on twitter

On another note I had a look at the cheap broadband. I don’t have broadband right now. I have a very good deal on my phone but in time it might be useful for me. Mainly because I’m at uni.

I only looked at the virgin media one and it’s a good offer but you can’t sign up online. I imagine because you have to show evidence that you are entitled. And that’s fair enough. Except any time I have taken advantage of anything I can get because I’ve been on UC I’ve been able to do it online. And that’s better in my view. I’ve only ever got cheaper glasses and money towards training as I’m on UC. (Not complaining). But in doing both of these things I could apply online. Didn’t need to talk to anyone to do it.

Because it can be a hard thing to do actually phoning someone and saying I’m on benefit. Also. The savings are marginal. My last broadband provider was I think shell energy and I was paying 19.99. I would be paying 15.00 to virgin and I bet there would be a cap on usage. A lot of people would be better off paying the 5 quid extra particularly if they are online a lot

I’m currently as well just using my local library when I need to use a desktop pc. What I’m trying to say is that Jack is promoting this as absolutely brilliant when it’s probably not. I’m better off just now having no broadband and paying for unlimited data on my phone.

I’m with EE and on my last contract they sent me an offer and I ended up paying 20 quid a month for unlimited texts and phone calls and unlimited data too. Given that people on Uc must have a phone so their work coach can contact them it was better for me to ditch the broadband and get a good phone deal.

PS Jack. Corbyn wanted to give everyone free broadband
Have a look at 3 I’m on unlimited, currently 8 squid, monthly rolling

Reactions: 16
I feel your pain! Just forked out £50 for someone to unblock my washing machine pump (or something) after a colour-catcher
Bung them in a curry (y)

When I was in my own pov period, used to give my small children dandelions. As nutritious as spinach I was told.

We also ate alot of lobster, cos I lived in a fishing village and people gave them to us for nothing.

Actually. I might write a book, lobster and dandelion souffle....

Reactions: 16