Jack Monroe #292 Poet, philosopher, fighter, cook, hero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Come on Jack. We are all eagerly awaiting your next move.
You recommended a cookery book promoting a country's cuisine. A book we assumed you have tried and tested. Or you would not recommend it would you? But, plot twist, the book was for an entirely different place but with the same name.
So come on cookery book nerd, how do you explain this?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
I'm picturing Jackie ripping off her filtered mask to reveal her true chops, Scooby Doo stylee, muttering "I would have got away with it if it wasn't for the perishing cabal (and TD)

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I find it beautiful that we were saying squigs should make up recipes to recommend to her and she just goes and does it herself

• Haha
Reactions: 74
"After I've read them," how nice for them to get the discards out of your filthy mitts

View attachment 1213826
Imagine owning 600 cook books and:
A) never posts ‘oh I made XYZ from ABC’s amazing book’ you should try it…
B) sees tens of thousands of inspirational photos, recipes and stories and yet sees herself as the messiah for rinsing spaghetti hoops.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
Come on Jack. We are all eagerly awaiting your next move.
You recommended a cookery book promoting a country's cuisine. A book we assumed you have tried and tested. Or you would not recommend it would you? But, plot twist, the book was for an entirely different place but with the same name.
So come on cookery book nerd, how do you explain this?
It's an 'absolute banger' according to Jack. And she's definitely read it, because Jack ~literally~ cannot lie

• Haha
Reactions: 80
I was starting to think all food looked tit thanks to Jack.

Looking through the replies to her earlier tweet is really refreshing. There are some yummy looking stews (not slops), cakes and pies in there.

She should be ashamed. Not just for the book error, but for the glaring disparity in skill between herself and those who obviously love to cook and want to help others in the process.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
'Jack went down to Georgia
She was looking for a recipe to steal,
She was in a bind cause she was way behind
with her publishing deal...'

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Calling it now - she's desperately searching for another Georgia church cookbook so she can pretend she got them mixed up :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 90
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.