Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly can’t believe someone who was so judgy about meat eaters that she called a chapter ‘contraband’ has discussed eating eels and has suggestions for venison paté.

No judgement for meat eating peeps from me, here, just Jack.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I'm going to go out on a limb and say no.

She's too busy with her passion of blogging, which in her 20 hour working day 7 days a week means she's posted two recipes in 3 months.

They are loosely recipes as one is just her basic tomato butter sauce and the other one was re-post of cake from her tin book. Both had poor quality snaps that you'd struggle to take that badly on a modern phone.

But don't forget to tip the chef, she works so hard but only has a meagre existence and deserves more. :rolleyes:
But she is trying her best

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What exactly is a red flavour ? Spice I presume? This just shows her fans knowledge is almost worse than hers
Red Peppers? Chopped tomatoes? Paprika?!

This really explains to me how jack has fans and sells books. It makes so much sense now.

Omfg just make a bolognese style dish!

I had to stop reading the tweets I'm about to hurl, the eel did it for me
Ohhhh I must confess I LOVE eel but I do feel bad about it because they are very fascinating and mysterious creatures. I respect them but I also think they’re delicious

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Right. I've been biting my tongue on this because she really is best ignored but....my sister works in food logistics. She is, honestly, the kindest, sweetest, most big hearted person - I'm talking cries at adverts softness. She did some of the earliest food packages for people shielding and it was a bleeping nightmare. She was up until 3am working most days because the conditions placed on them (ambient products, can be made on a hob, suitable for vegetarians, low skill etc.) and the fact it isn't that easy to divert commercial food into households. What do you do? Send people a 25kg bag of pasta and let them get on with it?

In those first weeks, she worked so hard to just get people food. Maybe not the best food in the world, not the food of your dreams, but something to eat. And then they worked to improve them. She was in tears most days at the thought of kids and old people going hungry and the day she got pictures of people with their cereal and pasta and sauce she was also in tears.

This suggestion that this is just capitalist greed and not people just doing their best in difficult circumstances.....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
from an anonymous stranger, well done to her. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Red Peppers? Chopped tomatoes? Paprika?!

This really explains to me how jack has fans and sells books. It makes so much sense now.

Ohhhh I must confess I LOVE eel but I do feel bad about it because they are very fascinating and mysterious creatures. I respect them but I also think they’re delicious
I think they’re also on the endangered list? I might be wrong, eel sushi is amazing though

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I had my gallbladder whipped out years ago, wasn't fed in hospital but that's another story. Anyway couldn't tolerate spicy food for a while, so a chilli minus the beans and chilli, how bleeping hard is that? I still can't tolerate kidney beans though so I use black beans. I do this all on my own too, suppose I should starting writing the first of my many cookbooks🙄 who are these people and why can't they use google

• Haha
Reactions: 21
You'd think she'd remember that vegans don't eat honey - given that she was the most vegan of all vegans.

To the the person asking - make miso soup? I know it's out there and totally maverick, but that's how my weird little brain works.

1.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Let’s not drag Allegra down Jack.
Now, I'm not suggesting I had any influence, but earlier today I posted that all Jack's relationships seem to end suddenly and dramatically - Jack apparently leaving Allegra during a school term, thus struggling to get her son a school place,. And now she is tagging Allegera.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
All Grunka’ed up, finally!

Is she including the costs of a cheese grater, sieve, slow cooker, enough electric to power the thing for 90 hours a week, 3 freezers, Hellman’s™️ branded condiments, and a double door American style Smeg in this £15 per week recipe recommendations?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
You'd think she'd remember that vegans don't eat honey - given that she was the most vegan of all vegans.

To the the person asking - make miso soup? I know it's out there and totally maverick, but that's how my weird little brain works.

View attachment 157377
God this is terrible advice - soy sauce and miso? Absolute saltiness overload! Also miso lasts for ages it’s bloody fermented for crying out loud

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Is she tagging her because we've all said she looked her most happy when she was with her, maybe she has realised what she lost.

Allegedly.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.