Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talking of tomatoes, I forgot to thank the person (I think Flumps maybe?) who suggested marinating baby tomatoes in olive oil and salt and pepper for the day to add to a caprese salad. I did it earlier in the week and it was bloody lovely- so easy but not anything I’d have done without reading that, and made my salad bloody lovely!

Reactions: 18
I really do worry about humanity reading some these questions. Come on Jackolites, do better.

Reactions: 12
Can someone explain the horse thing please, I have seen it mentioned a couple of times. Ta.

Reactions: 14
Can someone explain the horse thing please, I have seen it mentioned a couple of times. Ta.
Errrrr, she made a ‘bechamel’ that resembled a substance released when happy. The quantity was vast, akin to a horse.

about the paté!

Reactions: 21
Ooh, that reminds me, I've got some bulgar wheat (no NOT vulgar what, autocarrot) in the cupboard so some onions cooked till transparent, spinach, courgetes and stock will do me, plus whatever herbs, nuts etc I can find.

Reactions: 14
Thank you for that - now added to my saved pages! Something that this veggie knew nothing about. Battered onion rings (proper onions, not the frozen type) were as far as my chippy subs went

Reactions: 8
I really do enjoy #lockdownlarder to appreciate the myriad ways jack can prove her complete lack of cooking knowledge

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.