Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
Apologies if this isn’t a suitable term, but wasn’t her grandads property a doss-house as opposed to the idyllic b&b she’s suggesting??

Yes, seaside resorts were where the homeless, itinerant and addicted were sent. There was NOTHING bucolic or wholesome about her grandfather's business model. His prosperity came from housing benefit.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
My theory:

The cake and all it's extras prove the slop shop was purely performative and there was a second shop done that day, with a separate receipt. This second shop contains all the food she actually eats, brand name goodies and expensive drinks for example.

I don't think pork belly was on the stocktake either.

Why is she like this?

• Heart

Vanelope

VIP Member
Jacks family seem to prove a theory I have developed after looking after various wealthy families.
Gen 1 - makes the money, starts the company, sacrificed a lot, usually works hard, might have a fairly nice house, but still keeps involved and has always worked. (Usually v nice people remembering harder times/working class childhood)
Gen 2 - might remember a childhood less well off but did private schools and had the trappings of wealth. Got brought into the company to take it over - lives in a v big house, flies first class, all the perks but doesn’t really do that much work apart from being the director. Often sells company and makes proper money. (Often have v superior attitudes)
Gen 3 - always been rich, private school, zero work ethic, expects to live off dividends - terrible relationships/drug problems - Grandad is trying to get Dad to put money in trusts so they can’t waste it. (Usually entitled arseholes)

Its an extreme form of wealth creation and distribution. Gen 3 spaffs it all away and gen 4 - poor SB is less well off than previous generations.

• Heart
  • Wow

Clairer86

VIP Member
Did she mention the Hillsborough anniversary at all? You know because she is the biggest LFC fan to ever exist.

• Sad
  • Heart

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
I find it extremely odd that Jack's behaving like this in a new relationship, surely the first few months you're putting your best foot forward? If I was dating someone and found them behaving online like Jack, I'd be dumping their arse and enjoying Easter with edible foods.

• Haha

OwlRightsReserved

VIP Member
That amount of pork belly is not feeding 2 adults, 2 pre-teens, and 2 more portions for what is presumably another adult.

I'm not willing to address the dusty slop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
oh LJC that looks truly revolting.

Not to be a massive dick, but how the hell do you go from one pair of shoes to 12 properties?! I mean there’s frickin’ hard work then there’s organised crime.
Jack would love to be a secret Kray can you imagine 🤣🤣
(I know I’m being a twunt here, he must have worked his absolute ass off. How did that ethic completely miss her out??)
We have older fraus and herrs on the thread that I’d love to hear from about this - but my dissertation was on this 🔺 and from what I read the idea of having lots of clothes is a very modern one, like before people would legit just have one or two outfits back in the day? Having one pair of shoes doesn’t feel beyond belief for a man of his generation, but it’s disingenuous in that tweet cos the implication with that and the rollies is that he was a poor man - which couldn’t be further from the truth.

Can’t help but wonder if a large part of the media poverty tale coincided with his death because she expected more from him and/or her dad and didn’t get it? 😬

• Heart
  • Wow

holliebollie

Chatty Member
I know we laugh at the squigs sometimes but honestly, that post saying they’re sure it’s their fault that they can’t see anything has got me right in the cobblers. Poor sod. And so publicly done too… it’s like a very sad, emotional version of getting the ick.

• Sad
  • Haha

Ninch55

Chatty Member
I would like to think so.

I would never say she doesn't love her son or is a bad parent, but she doesn't really seem to enjoy it or cope very well.

And you are right about magazines not being interested. There will still be the pity pounds from some of the squigs, and the occasional column in the Guardian, but law of diminishing returns etc.
If she does have another child, it’s highly likely that she will attempt to restyle herself as the Queen of Mumsnet. No one, but NO ONE, will ever have been as pregnantly pregnant as Jack. No one in the history of motherhood. She’ll be riding on a donkey to the nearest stable, a week before her due date, and there’ll be three designated male family members to bring her gold, handbags and a Cotswold nursery tallboy. Ffs, spare us LJC, please spare us.

• Haha

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Can you imagine her actually cooking for 12 for a big holiday celebration?

No. Don’t do that. Everyone would end up very, very ill.
I’m still trying to imagine her face when her paying B and B guests ask for the breakfast, dinner and packed lunches she promised them!

“I’m BUSY!”
“It’s cooking bacon or nothing at all”
“What do you mean have I rinsed the beans? Of course I have”
“You’re not going to stop until I’m carried away in a coffin made of spoons. I try and help people and all they do is mither on about lunch. Nobody gives me a second thought. Did I tell you I have arthritis?”

• Haha