Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

moldwarp

VIP Member
This is so perfect in its analysis. What's also a problem is a lack of decent services for people with personality disorders and crisis and trauma responses. They are having to latch onto whatever they can find and its unsuitable for them and the people they attend with.
I would also add, if not to much of a derail, that having a narc/NPD in the room is an absolute PAIN IN THE ARSE for other members as they tend to swan in, change the entire balance and atmosphere of the meeting, suck attention, create drama, gaslight, do inappropriate things like get involved in romantic relationships with other members, gather flying monkeys, make tension, manipulate, create a huge mess and then disappear. Only to pitch up a few months later in a different room, with a different persona and a different sob story.

Did I mention PAIN IN THE ARSE? Yeah, that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 75

MancBee

VIP Member
Jack wears her educational failure as a badge of pride. You see it wasn't Jack being thick, it was the teachers that didn't know how to educate her.

Always someone else's fault.

Where she believes she has acquired all this knowledge that she thinks she has is a mystery too. Left school at 16, 4.5 GCSE's but is an expert on any subject you like to mention. Seen it, done it, know it, tried it, yet she has hardly moved out of Southend. I don't mean for a holiday, a few weeks shacked up in a shags house, or months in an hotel while going to rehab. I mean travelling, seeing the world, gaining experiences and meeting people.

Even when she was taken to Tanzania, she managed to centre herself by comparing her own experiences with that of a starving mother. Didn't use the experience to educate herself, just to tell people how hard she has had it, dismissing the true poverty that was staring her in the face.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
Yay, a thread title. It only took me 280 threads.

I'm not an AA frau so apologies for speaking out of turn. However I've never believed Jack suffers from alcoholism. I do believe she has a problematic relationship with it however. I think she is probably binges and is more aggressive when drunk. Of all her ailments, alcoholism is the most difficult to disprove and it's something most decent people would not call into question. I think that's why it's convenient for her to keep the cosplay going. It's the one health issue she can't be called out on and she can blame any bad behaviour on a 'relapse'. Arthritis, autism and adhd don't offer the same lack of accountability or repeat relapses.

• Heart
Reactions: 74

moldwarp

VIP Member
This is so interesting and backs up a lot of what Jack has said about her time in rehab. From throwing chairs, snarling 'fuck off' at a man who tried to be friendly, gently, slowly, hesitantly being coaxed into telling her story, to becoming the beloved Mom of the group providing cakes and a shoulder to cry on. And such a favourite she got offered a P/T job there. All the while no doubt warning others she was sure to be papped by the venal Daily Mail.
It reads like a dramatic film script of Rehab. Yet with Jack there is probably a bit of truth. The centring herself in the group and making it all about her. And how of course it has always been far worse for her than anyone else. Must've been so exhausting for the other participants.
I haven't read Jack's rehab threads as I find her lies and manipulation too triggering, but if she's claiming all that happened in a group therapy then I call bullsh*t. I have just consulted Mr Moldwarp who is an addictions therapist (insert red triangle here!) and he says NO WAY would any half decent group therapist let one member dominate the group with their personality in that way. It's completely against the purpose of group therapy. Making yourself 'group mom' and becoming an alternate source (and reciever) of validation would be a total no-no also. He said anyone who tried that would be shut down really fast :) Also no one with less than a good 5 years of continuous sobriety would be offered a job at any rehab, but then Jack is superwoman and fearlessly honest and able to transcribe budget speeches at lightening speed whilst carrying dead limbs and firemen on her shoulders, so what do I know...

• Heart
Reactions: 73

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
Why is she pretending she’s not religious? “Mystical sky daddy” who she believes in and worships, yes?

You literally got hailed as a prophet at Greenbelt, Jack, yet you haven’t even the courage to say with your chest that you’re in the God squad because you know lots of lefties aren’t into it.

• Heart
  • Haha

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Why is she pretending she’s not religious? “Mystical sky daddy” who she believes in and worships, yes?

You literally got hailed as a prophet at Greenbelt, Jack, yet you haven’t even the courage to say with your chest that you’re in the God squad because you know lots of lefties aren’t into it.
Wasn't one of the ~permitted~ activities on her list during lockdown attending church for 'private prayer'? To go chat with the mystical sky daddy 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Sorry for the Recovery Jack Regurgitation but I’m behind again.

Excellent quoting from the Big Book Jack. Please believe me when I say if ANYONE else was speaking openly about AA/the Big Book/12 Steps, I would be happy. But because it’s Jack and she’s so sanctimonious and so self-centred and so…un-12Step-like, I just can’t.

Oh Jack. You could only dream of a day of putting principles before personalities! She just can’t see that we’ve seen windows with less transparency than her, she thinks everyone else are idiots. We see you Jack, we hear you, we watch you!

When I came back I said to myself “Lenny, lay off the AA chat. Just because you’re a veteran of both the NYPD and AA, not everyone wants to hear your views”. Not because I don’t think it should be spoken about, quite the opposite (although AA is only a small part of Jack). But because I would hate if anyone would think I judge anyone else’s sobriety. I genuinely don’t, only my own (and occasionally Mr Lenny’s 🤭). I just can’t bear people getting the wrong impression of what AA and recovery can be like. My view is that anyone who chooses to talk about their own personal journey has a responsibility to pass the message on in an appropriate way. And I don’t think she does, it’s all “me me me…quote I’ve heard at a meeting…ooh look at my tokens…another quote I’ve heard…me me me, tell I’m the best sober person you’ve met”
Recovery Jack can get in the bin.

• Heart
Reactions: 72

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
Reading your post has made me feel even more sad for him. That’s far too much to have experienced at his (or any age). Of course if he ever tries to talk to her in the future about it, she will deny it happened, or that he remembered it wrongly. That’s what my mother did/does.
yeah it’s quite shocking to see it all laid out. 🔺 my job involves adolescent mental health 🔺 and the more i learn the more i realise how important stability is especially for teenagers. They don’t even have fully developed brains until they’re 25! It must be so confusing to have a parent as chaotic and lacking in rational thinking as Jack. I’m so shocked that she’s implied SB checks her twitter and she’s okay with that. i worried that my mum was going to kill herself for years after my dad died as a kid and only through many hours of difficult therapy sessions have i realised the profound impact that had on me and my core beliefs. I really do feel so sorry for him and hope his dad is someone he feels he can rely on. Sorry for the me-rail whenever she posts about sb i get so sad!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72

TillyMiffin

Chatty Member
He’s on my laminated list.
He is just like you’d imagine. Totally aware of how ridiculous the ‘business’ is. He sent me some Jo Malone perfume when I was poorly with anxiety in the first lockdown, and he sent my Son loads of rare Pulp vinyl when I told him my son loved pulp ❤

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 71