Jack Monroe #27 Jack's career move after cooking with cans? Who’d have thought it would be OnlyFans?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Appalled that she’s trying to muscle her way into Marcus Rashford’s achievements

He’s a young black man from a poor, single parent family who has achieved something amazing against the odds. She needs to sit her middle class, white, poverty-cosplay arse down

Reactions: 58
I feel like she is aiming for something like this... but missing the mark by a way. It’s how you use the words, not just showing that you know them, innit?

No prizes for guessing the author here I’m afraid.
Apart from two recipes that are essentially cook pasta add stuff, didn't she have a proof reader or an editor? Looks like her publishers don't give a flying guck about quality. Maybe assuming that the Jackolytes will buy whatever vastly rushed out crap that she's produces.

Reactions: 7
Indeed. I often get the sense that the Jackolytes are almost like a cult in a way.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone else noticed that there are multiple disparaging accounts that very clearly have been created by the same person? lots of digital breadcrumbs / a clear template of identity.

Looks like an old girl or an old boy (or both) who love old films, express intolerant views. and show their dislike for Jack with rapid-fire pithy comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22

My daughter is a 2008 baby too.

I remember being made redundant when I was pregnant. It was horrific. I went to the job centre and because I was missing some NI they wouldn't give me anything. I'm lucky I had my husband because fuck knows what would have happened otherwise. I temped for a bit but I had a really bad pregnancy and we decided I should pack it in.

Fast forward to having my daughter. We were in another town and I knew no one. The parent in the baby groups weren't welcoming to a teen mum. The teen mum groups didn't fit either because I was a home owner. My husband is 9 years older than me, so he was on his way to establishing himself in his field. I got really depressed being so isolated. My dad then invited us to stay at his flat. I was in the centre of town and able to do more stuff. Fair enough now I was in with the middle classes and they're more snooty than the other baby groups.

Thing is, like you said, families will help. She seems on good terms with them. Surely they would of put her up in the lounge if her and her son were living off dry wheatabix and no lightbulbs.

There are sure start centres, NSPCC groups, social workers. I just don't understand how someone so gobby, who behaves the way she does in the media wouldn't have piped up to the relevant agencies to get help. And if she didn't have enough money for a pint of milk, what was she spending her money on?

So poverty cosplay for fame (because thats what I think she's after) is baffling. She has a great platform, her audience are middle class sympathisers. Imagine the good she could achieved is she mobilized them for more than bullying THAT MAN.

Reactions: 27
I wonder if the comments will be on today? I’m hoping for another spooky ‘you’re on’ before I smash the volume down in a panic.

Reactions: 22
So much love for this, thanks @Flumps

Reactions: 9
I remember Jacks mum getting stick when the Sunday people article came out. As in why didn’t you help your daughter.

She said that Jack didn’t want bailed out because she was an adult. I very much got the impression she would have helped.

Reactions: 23
You will never understand
How it feels to live your life
With no meaning or control
And with nowhere left to go
You are amazed that they exist
And they burn so bright
Whilst you can only wonder why
Rent a flat above a shop
Cut your hair and get a job
Smoke some fags and play some pool
Pretend you never went to school
But still you'll never get it right
'Cause when you're laid in bed at night
Watching roaches climb the wall
If you called your Dad he could stop it all, yeah

Never live like common people
Never do what common people do
Never fail like common people
Never watch your life slide out of view
And then dance and drink and screw
Because there's nothing else to do

Reactions: 30
MILK?!!! Also is tahini really that much more expensive than peanut butter anyway? Hummus is the most wonderfully simple recipe why does she have to ruin everything
Unfortunately tahini is a lot more expensive than peanut butter and a lot harder to find. I'm happy to use cheap basics peanut butter in hummus, but my husband whines about it so once in a while we will splash out on tahini.

Reactions: 7
I’m from Essex as well and would say cover teacher

An age thing? Used to be Supply Teacher back in the dark ages when local councils employed permanent supply staff to send out to schools.

After SIMS (school information management system) was brought in, the fields say 'Cover', so everybody uses the term 'Cover Rota' because that's what you have to select to print.

Reactions: 9
FUCKING THIS!!!!!

I am absolutely LOVING these threads. But am losing so much time to them

Reactions: 18
CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE

You've slept for two and a half hours after those morons on Twitter failed to cure your insomnia. Episode 4 of your Instagram Live "show" is going out in a few hours. You've remembered to delete all the posts you made about how awful your ex is, but you still have time to kill.

If you REHEARSE YOUR SHOW AND TRY TO RELAX, turn to page 18.

If you START HAVING BEEF WITH STRANGERS ON TWITTER, turn to page 27.

Reactions: 66
Or put on your too big sports bra and girdle and straddle a sideboard? Go back 10 pages.

Reactions: 42
I think this is a really good point about her arrested development. The single mum living in poverty is the thing she comes back to as it made her name. I honestly think it's the only thing she feels she can comment on with any gravitas because she lived it and 'literally wrote the book.' However, she fails to see that it was 10 years ago and she's still telling the same story. I work within the welfare system and see these issues day to day-they absolutely are still there but she is not. I'm not trying to take away the fact that she went through a difficult time but recycling your story and shouting at people on Twitter doesn't make you an activist. It's not going to change much. Marcus Rashford has shown over lockdown what someone with a platform can do.

Reactions: 23
Unfortunately tahini is a lot more expensive than peanut butter and a lot harder to find. I'm happy to use cheap basics peanut butter in hummus, but my husband whines about it so once in a while we will splash out on tahini.
Ah I suppose my Brighton bubble is showing here - there are plenty of Turkish shops where you can get massive jars of tahini for a couple of quid but appreciate that’s not the case everywhere. I think I’d be more inclined to not use any tahini substitute in that case and maybe just add some extra chickpea water and a handful of sesame seeds!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.