Jack Monroe #260 Stop trying to make macro philanthropy happen, it’s not going to happen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just because I can’t resist a good Instagram scroll and just for you 😘, found this gem nestled between all the salad bag pesto shots (nothing about JO that I can see) and marmite scones. Those were the days my friends.
View attachment 1073450
View attachment 1073451
I’m pretty sure I read in her actual book that tinned spinach is the work of the devil. I haven’t burned it yet so will check when I get home.

I’ll go on his website and have a little poke around…. Did she tip him afterwards I wonder for his free recipes?

she’s jealous of success. It’s harder to be critical of other woman because it looks more like sour grapes. Jack was offered a career on a plate but has been too bone idle to do anything about it, but is surprised she isn’t wildly successful and wealthy. The lack of effort she puts into her books says everything. She thinks as long as the recipes are cheap it doesn’t matter. Like Naydia she could have started off as one thing and increased her repertoire to something with broad appeal and increased her work chances. Instead it’s just ‘cheap’ and ‘tinned’ for a decade.

Does anyone else cook in pairs apart from the Hairy Bikers (and Fanny Craddock and her husband)? It’s not actually a thing is it. They aren’t that desperate for TV presenters they put someone tit with someone good and hope it balances out.
Two Fat Ladies!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I’ll go on his website and have a little poke around…. Did she tip him afterwards I wonder for his free recipes?

she’s jealous of success. It’s harder to be critical of other woman because it looks more like sour grapes. Jack was offered a career on a plate but has been too bone idle to do anything about it, but is surprised she isn’t wildly successful and wealthy. The lack of effort she puts into her books says everything. She thinks as long as the recipes are cheap it doesn’t matter. Like Naydia she could have started off as one thing and increased her repertoire to something with broad appeal and increased her work chances. Instead it’s just ‘cheap’ and ‘tinned’ for a decade.

Does anyone else cook in pairs apart from the Hairy Bikers (and Fanny Craddock and her husband)? It’s not actually a thing is it. They aren’t that desperate for TV presenters they put someone tit with someone good and hope it balances out.
The two f** ladies did. Ina has people on quite regularly on her “cooking with friends” episodes. John and Lisa had a show.

Not sure if those examples constitutes a thing.

I would cook with Ina. I would live with Ina.

😎

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
The two f** ladies did. Ina has people on quite regularly on her “cooking with friends” episodes. John and Lisa had a show.

Not sure if those examples constitutes a thing.

I would cook with Ina. I would live with Ina.

😎
Me Ina and Jeffrey could totally be a thing. Her cosmo lockdown video still makes me laugh.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
No one would work with Jack because she's got all the personality of a wet paper bag. Imagine how draining doing take after take would be! I imagine there would be a fair amount of sulking and skiving too. 'Jack isn't here this week....' you'd need a rota of fill ins.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Beeeeans. Spoooons. Heeeeeerrbs.

That article about Jilly/Jack/Jamie was quite interesting although a little short and underexplained - if Jack was half as good as she thought and teamed up with Jamie they could do a lot of good.

I'm making That Man's 7 veg pasta sauce for dinner and plenty for the freezer.
I'm making something inspired by Jack's "sausage black bean and red wine" idea (it's in the slow cooker now). Although I'm using better sausages than the Basic Bollock Bits range. And I'll be eating it with mash rather than rice. And I wont share pictures of it if it looks like slop (which, given what it is, it may well do). Not going to try and fully cost it because frankly I can't be arsed, but it's not that cheap (very roughly £1.30 per portion).

Reactions: 24
No one would work with Jack because she's got all the personality of a wet paper bag. Imagine how draining doing take after take would be! I imagine there would be a fair amount of sulking and skiving too. 'Jack isn't here this week....' you'd need a rota of fill ins.
Why wasn’t she on the radio the other morning?

Why?

Why has she not been held to account for this?

Why?

How many chances does one person get?

How many?

• Heart
Reactions: 46
It's the flip-flopping re. Oliver that I don't understand. Something must have happened between this (2018) and Jack's DKL tantrum ....

Flip flopping is classic narc/ cluster B behaviour. Insecure relationships, all or nothing attachments, and cycling between love bombing and hate are common. She's not able to sustain secure and mature attachments. If Jamie said something nice about her she'd be all over him because he'd have paid her the attention she feels she deserves. As it stands I imagine she sees his indifference as a personal snub.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Her TV appearances usually come with her moaning as well. Eg taking about how stressful it is, how she takes 20 hours to prep for a 6 minute segment, gets up in the early hours, needs to be helped to bed after a busy media week and so on.

Her lingreenie segment on This Morning came off like she hadn't practised or thought about it at all. Basic stuff like not having her back to the camera and pre chopping/crumbling the feta for example she didn't do.

I'm sure TV appearances are quite hard but it's not exactly professional is it. Give the opportunities to someone who wants them and can cope with them.
Her cooking is awful on TV. Telling the presenter of a show " yer stressin me mate" is not what they want to hear when they are shelling out notes for you too cook something that a person with emphysema brings up after a coughing fit.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Also, when I was looking for that salad bag pesto post I was reminded of how Jack said she had some 'insider' (presumably LJC) tell her that for his lockdown show Jamie was pinching her recipes and she was going to sue him or w/e - post 104 here https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-5-tin-cant-cook.5515/page-6. I mean, imagine saying this a year and a half after she'd written in a national newspaper that in fact she ~adapted~ many of his recipes to include in her own books

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I don't have anything in for dinner this evening. I have plenty of food in the cupboards and fridge/freezer but nothing that particularly goes together. Rather than bunging it all in the blender I think I might nip out and grab a cheap jar of carbonara and a garlic bread. I might even chuck on a handful of wilted rocket. You know, rather than whiz it up into salmonella pesto. I don't know the costs off the top of my head but I'm happy to scrawl down a breakdown of the costs later if you all wang me a tip.

(I actually have everything I need to make That Man's yoghurt flatbreads but, effort. That's the biggest difference between you and him, Jack. His food is actually cheap, easy and palatable 😏)

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Her TV appearances usually come with her moaning as well. Eg taking about how stressful it is, how she takes 20 hours to prep for a 6 minute segment, gets up in the early hours, needs to be helped to bed after a busy media week and so on.

Her lingreenie segment on This Morning came off like she hadn't practised or thought about it at all. Basic stuff like not having her back to the camera and pre chopping/crumbling the feta for example she didn't do.

I'm sure TV appearances are quite hard but it's not exactly professional is it. Give the opportunities to someone who wants them and can cope with them.
The lingreenie incident on YouTube is one of my go to videos, alongside with Lawrence Fox on Jeremy Vine, and the Price Andrew interview.

It wasn't a party it was a straightforward shooting weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

Moaning and performative selfies.

Screenshot_20220219-131644.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 82
Also, when I was looking for that salad bag pesto post I was reminded of how Jack said she had some 'insider' (presumably LJC) tell her that for his lockdown show Jamie was pinching her recipes and she was going to sue him or w/e - post 104 here https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-5-tin-cant-cook.5515/page-6. I mean, imagine saying this a year and a half after she'd written in a national newspaper that in fact she ~adapted~ many of his recipes to include in her own books
I'd forgotten just how pathetic Jack was.

And nearly two years later she is still being ignored

Moaning and performative selfies.

View attachment 1073579
And don't forget the two hours spent facetuning.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
That tweet in the last thread about needing a TV co presenter who would help her as she is so shy, is so annoying.
Why should another presenter have to carry her? Presuming they would be on the same wage. She has zero talent for TV, especially when cooking.
It would have happened by now if it was going to. Even This Morning keep giving her opportunities but they are never backed up with a regular slot - which in this age of rising food costs is quite amazing. She *should* fit the brief exactly. But she is awkward, almost rude and her food revolting. She is the anti face of nice food on a budget.
She is the antiface of nice food, and we are the #antifans of her fine nudes

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.