Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hunty

Chatty Member
Fucking cunt is an official medical term and the only one that can be truly diagnosed from the comfort of the seated position in your armchair or sofa or even your bed 😊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
Although I’m not sure her cooking would be up to their standards.
I dunno like, those cheeseburger heart attack balls sound like something an ex-con trying to impress would love.

I thought after JO and his school meals thingy, that the focus is on children eating healthily during school and therefore during lockdown. I can’t wait to see how JM propositions heart attack balls as children’s food.

• Haha

Monochrome Muse

It's not easy to explain to onlookers why when checking your phone you're leaky eyed with sadness one minute and HoOtInG with laughter the next, you terrible cunts. (affectionate Withnail & I reference, and I don't share it with many).

• Haha
  • Heart
Someone has offered to send her a list of global zoom meetings now. Would she be made welcome considering what she's done in the past?
she’d always be welcome in the rooms because that’s the way of AA thankfully.

I personally find it absurd / unlikeable that she’s been paid to publish some quite damning views of the rooms & hasn’t taken the time to counterbalance that...

View attachment 154352
She looks sad. Her smile doesn’t reach her eyes. And I refuse to comment on what the angles have been specifically chosen to highlight.
Yep re angles and filters, this reminds me of livejournal th*nspo tbh.

• Heart
  • Angry

Bellybutton lint

VIP Member
Good morning tatties and tatlets :)

Odd how her cat can fall down half a flight of stairs when you live in a shitty rented bungalow.

1591944510138.png

• Haha
  • Wow

LavaFlake

VIP Member

My reaction to every one of her Tweets. Of course she makes Grenfall about herself #JackLivesMatter

• Heart
Wow things were obviously going off Jack topic until she posted those pics. She does look sad, the overall effect is grey, lots and lots of grey. I imagine she feels grey inside too. More tin man than cowardly lion. Its post like this which milk my sympathy glands until she does something arsey again.

Tabitha D

VIP Member
Unusually, superfan hasn’t commented on the Twitter pics. Maybe this sort of thing is not her cup of tea.

• Sad
  • Haha

MancBee

VIP Member
I lived near Grenfell, I struggle to believe it wasnt about poverty/class/race. If the residents were held in higher regard, I believe the works would have been done and the conditions would have been much better.
You may have that opinion but as someone involved as a tenant in trying to resolve our cladding issues, having met with many and varied tenants, leaseholders and owners, I could not agree.

It clearly is nothing to do with poverty/class/race. Everyone affected is equally traumatised. To reduce it to that minimises the traumatising effect this has had for all people living in this type of cladded building. The culpability lies with those who passed this cladding for use on all manner of unsuitable buildings. It isn't even the builders fault, they are told what to install. It isn't the architects fault, they look at all the approved cladding options and chose one. It is solely the responsibility of those that approved it as appropriate for high rise buildings.

There are apartments on Salford Quays which sell for half a million that are covered in this material. So people living in them were as much at risk. Poverty didn't come into it, and similarly class was not an issue. I believe that there are similar blocks in London. Where things differ, is that the owners of these apartments have greater chance of a quick response to cladding replacement. Although those people stretched on a mortgage are finding things particularly hard since a judge said it is the leaseholders responsibility to replace cladding, not the building owners.

The social housing blocks in Salford have majority white residents, so race didn't have a bearing on cladding choice here. We were involved in the choice, and were assured of its safety. Salford still has the greatest number of affected blocks.

I was involved in the tenant consultation for the cladding instalation on our block. The primary function for cladding our (and all social housing blocks) was to improve insulation to EU standards. Our block is 24 storey originally clad in brick. It was far from an eyesore. The original intention was to IMPROVE life for the residents. They did not spend millions cladding buildings just for aesthetic reasons. Although it was nice to have a great looking home to come back to.

The works were carried out to existing regulations, that is where things went wrong. The sole responsibility is those that passed this type of cladding as suitable.

No one, and I mean no one, would have agreed to that cladding if they had known how dangerous it was, no matter who the intended residents were. It is down to those people that test and agree standards, and them alone.

JM is jumping on a bandwagon, saying she knows the reason for the failure because of her experience in the fire service. Experience limited to call handling.

I know more about it because it has directly affected me every day of the past three years, and probably for at least a year to come. And being shielding for the past few months had exacerbated those feelings. Trying to make it a race issue is dangerous, as those of us up north living in dangerously clad buildings feel marginalised and this will increase race tensions.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Tabitha D

VIP Member
I think Hellmann’s may have put her on a bit of a leash / given her a stern talking to about her SM use, at least until the miserable lockdown show is finished.

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
According to my Twitter app, it says her last Tweet was 22 hours ago... This surely must be a Jack Monroe record!

(In all honesty though, I'm actually glad she has taken time off... Maybe finally she's listening to our/someone's wisdom!)
She’s maybe catching up here!

I wonder if that’s why there was a spike in cat talk, so she could report back to her followers that we even bully her jungle-worthy sized cat 😹

In all seriousness, I’m glad she’s not tweeting. It was getting concerning for a bit and I hope she feels better for the break

• Haha

Raker

VIP Member
Morning fraus. Had an awful sleep, full of anxiety dreams, the usual stuff, spiders, faceless demons chasing me ugh.
Take care of yourself today @Nottonightbabe, make sure you have a nice comforting bowl of slop to help with the anxiety...

Can I suggest some self-love stew?
Or some raw tofu smashed against the sides of your last remaining nerve?

Whatever, you run your life, yes absolutely x

<whispers to side > does that help?

• Haha
  • Heart

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Pulled a teensy GrunkaLunka and caught up from this morning.

Her outfit is such a contradiction of support levels. The baggy sports top on the top and constrictive girdle on the bottom. Vogue must have their fingers on the dial button.

• Haha

OhhBacon

VIP Member
It's the third anniversary of the Grenfell fire today. Do we think she's going to go off on one about her superhero fire-fighting days and how she was the most knowledgeable and empathetic of all the post-Grenfell volunteers? Or will she manage to show a little restraint? Brace positions, Tattlers!
If we stay on topic and keep talking about her and the photos then I reckon she will stay off Twatter but if we get distracted by seeds, recipes, good books, plastic storage etc well she will have to put out some more controversy....

• Haha