Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sainsburys have vegetable stock cubes for 50p.

Could be she sorted by price order on their website and ignored the "sponsored" ones at the top that are indeed £1.

There are 91 smart price items online on ASDA, not 87 (as pointed out elsewhere this may not reflect what is in store or changes to brand names).

No fact checking at all.
Aldi has 12 veg stock cubes for 35p. If only she could walk or cycle or ask for lift. The #VBPI would be over.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Alot food prices especially food prices in regards to animals have increased because due to the withdrawal of EU legislation in regards to keeping animals we now have to make sure the animal and their products sold in the UK market are top quality and kept by the standards of the UK law. She hasn't mentioned this in her price index.

The farming husbandry in the UK is very high and comes with increased costs to the farmer which in turn is passed into shop and consumer.
An essay I did at uni covered alot of animal Uk and EU laws. They are out of date now due to it being ten years ago and due to the withdrawal of Europe, bur the backbone of the UK laws are the same if not stricter.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
i see she’s using words like ‘our’ and ‘we’ when talking about people with very little. of course all poor people have at least once stayed in a london aparthotel for 16 weeks of rehab, right?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 71
This was mentioned a while ago but I don't think it's true, I'm sure TD blocked her at the time of her short long COVID when she was attempting to step on Ryan Riley's toes wrt writing a book for people with no working tastebuds (which tbf would be a perfect fit for her). Not long after triflegate.
God is that even on the list?

Her Long Covid lasted less time than most people's Omicron Covid.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Sainsburys have vegetable stock cubes for 50p.

Could be she sorted by price order on their website and ignored the "sponsored" ones at the top that are indeed £1.

There are 91 smart price items online on ASDA, not 87 (as pointed out elsewhere this may not reflect what is in store or changes to brand names).

No fact checking at all.
I didn’t see them on the Sainsbobs website.
Asda have them for 39p

• Haha
Reactions: 29
No below the line - I wonder why..
At the bottom of the article, Jack states that the issue isn't going anywhere, and neither is she.

Well if the issue isn't going anywhere, what is the point in her campaign? Surely the point of any anti poverty campaign should be to work towards eradicating poverty, i.e. make the issue go away.

BUT Jack doesn't want the issue to go away, it is her only reason for existing within the media bubble that she loves to be included in, despite her protestations to the contrary.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 73
asda.png

Seems like she just had a problem with what her local shop had in stock. I mean, I guess 'Local Asda out of vegetable stock cubes and pasta' should be headline news I guess.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
Seriously behind but just had to share - talking about money/investing to husband (an avid JOB listener) and he goes

“If you put £100 in a savings account last year it’s only worth £78 now, how fucked up is that?”

B148E487-9E3A-43B3-B811-34D8F6BE9186.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I am on the edge of my seat in anticipation of Dr. Monroe's scathing essay and power point* presentation on how she will single-handedly solve poverty in the UK via the Asda website and some 10-year old receipts.
*Overhead Projector

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I’m lolzing that you actually phoned them and possibly said I’m doing FORENSIC snack research and I put it to you that you no longer sell maize snacks despite what’s being claimed by the champion of the poor Mx JiG Monroe 😂
I think this was when the £20 UC was taken away, as soon as that bandwagon approached she was on it. I was fewmin because I liked the maize snacks and hadn’t been able to get them.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
i see she’s using words like ‘our’ and ‘we’ when talking about people with very little. of course all poor people have at least once stayed in a london aparthotel for 16 weeks of rehab, right?
This was the crux in my rant just now. Mrs T has just left to go and get something. I hope it is Pepsi Max but I feel it may be a sponge or something to grip so when I am angry again nothing gets ruined.

Not sure she fully grasped the points I was making about “we” “so many Cotswolds” “she has blue DMs” and “ASDA has the pasta ffs.”

So cross.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
I know that it’s Tory to commend the good work of volunteers and charities but people here and that I know IRL use social supermarkets. Will they be in the WASPcentric index?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.