Jack Monroe #240 Schwankend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This was one of the Reddit posts but I think she ended up in other subs:

It’s not even a minibar! There’s nothing mini about it.

26k upvotes.
They are mentioning the small opened bottle in the bottom shelf of the minibar and how it has been opened before the photo (which they don't realise is staged). They assume it is a juice thought but my first thought was a bottle of antibiotics, what do you think?

Also from this thread:

This is delightful!

Just so you know, Jack Monroe's pronouns are they/them.

Also, JM says they can't tag the hotel because they have stalkers, which is really sad. But I'm sure they left them a delightful review. (And if the staff were really lucky, some cake, or cinnamon rolls.)
Stalkers that don't stop her posting numerous pictures of the inside of her house.

I actually think a Switch is a decent present for an 11 year old but the Switch Light is rubbish compared to the actual switch since you can't remove the controllers and therefore are limited in the games you can play on it. There's only about a £50 difference in price now so no idea why she bought the lite either for herself or SB, but probably herself.

I'll confess I bought myself a Switch as a gift over lockdown. I'm telling myself it is an investment in my health as I bought the fitness games since I was shielding and couldn't get out to exercise. Of course, I didn't get my lazy arse off the couch much to exercise in my living room and mainly use it to play a weird Japanese drumming game called Taiko no Tatsujin instead.

(Please remember to send money to my tip jar so I can buy butter, please)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
They are mentioning the small opened bottle in the bottom shelf of the minibar and how it has been opened before the photo (which they don't realise is staged). They assume it is a juice thought but my first thought was a bottle of antibiotics, what do you think?

Also from this thread:

Stalkers that don't stop her posting numerous pictures of the inside of her house.

I actually think a Switch is a decent present for an 11 year old but the Switch Light is rubbish compared to the actual switch since you can't remove the controllers and therefore are limited in the games you can play on it. There's only about a £50 difference in price now so no idea why she bought the lite either for herself or SB, but probably herself.

I'll confess I bought myself a Switch as a gift over lockdown. I'm telling myself it is an investment in my health as I bought the fitness games since I was shielding and couldn't get out to exercise. Of course, I didn't get my lazy arse off the couch much to exercise in my living room and mainly use it to play a weird Japanese drumming game called Taiko no Tatsujin instead.

(Please remember to send money to my tip jar so I can buy butter, please)
It's an energy shot. There's another one on the top shelf. Probably turmeric and ginger.

Reactions: 17
I've been quiet recently but am going to announce I have more spoons than chairs but can't be bothered counting them. I do have a special paddle/ spoon thing for my rice cooker which I think makes me fancier than everyone else.

The Rolex spoons sell for £7.50 to £12 or so on Ebay so I doubt a business seller would chuck one in for free.

Where is Mini? I'm worried as I would have expected a lot more kitten pics by now.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
I've been quiet recently but am going to announce I have more spoons than chairs but can't be bothered counting them. I do have a special paddle/ spoon thing for my rice cooker which I think makes me fancier than everyone else.

The Rolex spoons sell for £7.50 to £12 or so on Ebay so I doubt a business seller would chuck one in for free.

Where is Mini? I'm worried as I would have expected a lot more kitten pics by now.
I quite like the theory that JM thinks she’s playing with us by not posting kitten pics 😂 Jackie stop the torture and show us your kitty! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Thanks for the new thread @Silver Linings :)

I posted this at the end of the last thread, but I really feel it is too good a counting opportunity to miss..... please forgive my indulgence!

I have 12 big spoons, 6 soup spoons, 4 tea spoons (where the duck do they all go?) That's my main cutlery draw. Then I have a posh (£40 from Argos in a fancy satin lined box) set for Crimbo and the like which has 8 big spoons, 8 soup spoons and 8 tea spoons, plus 2 serving spoons.

Therefore, in my household of 2 normal adults, we have 48 spoons. This is excessive, I am going to list them on ebay for Jack to purchase for a hefty fee.

How many spoons do you have cabal??
in silverware 6 =4 tea spoons and 2 big spoons (would be more but we have that tea spoon fairy.. you know the one that takes the socks.. I think our Borrowers are welding something...)
3 cooking implements - 1 wooden, 1 slotted and 1 bigserver that barely gets used.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just dropping in to gently remind everyone that every day I don't see a pic of Jack's animals is a good day. #againstanimalsforengagement #nokittensfordopamineplease

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Just dropping in to gently remind everyone that every day I don't see a pic of Jack's animals is a good day. #againstanimalsforengagement #nokittensfordopamineplease
I agree but my fear is that we'll just never hear of the kitten again and anyone who asks about it will get the old I DON'T PUT EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET, YOU KNOW!! SOME THINGS MUST REMAIN PRIVATE brush-off.

Reactions: 42
Not sure if anyone else has seen but Poppy O'Toole has a paid partnership with Hellmanns and she's doing a fantastic job. Somewhere in Southend there'll be clawing and howling I'm sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I have far too many 'big spoons' after years of me accidentally liberating them from the work canteen and Mr Disco doing same from his staff room. OOPS. It is bizarre because if he had the chance he would eat everything with a teaspoon.

Re: the squig making the offer to Jack of her grandmother's cutlery (I know that was ages ago but it's been bothering me). Ye gods...as a former history-adjacent Frau...those spoons would be a perfect item to be part of a local library or museum service for object based learning, which is what I did my MA dissertation on.
They're fairly sturdy, and making sure people washed their hands or wore cotton gloves would keep them in good shape so the risk of damage is low compared to documents, photographs and other ephemera for a cash-strapped service. They are such an everyday item, wrapped in the enormity of history. They could provoke some really interesting discussions for a wide variety of age groups.
I really, really desperately hope Jack has not slid into Spoon Squig's DMs. They could not go to a more undeserving person.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Feeling nostalgic for the good ole days of the Sunday Shop. Waiting with butterflies in our tummies to see what absolute magic the princess of pov was going to work with a measly 20 pounds for the whole week. Would she get tuna?! Packet of biscuits?! The flatlay pic of it all on the dining table and - ahaha - the hilarious pics SB would take of her taking the flatlay pics! ❤

She kept it up for a gargantuan amount of time too, a whole 5 weeks or something wasn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I have no spoons at all apparantly. Actually I do but suspect they are all in the teenager's bedroom!

Time for an Ikea trip to said bedroom from which I will emerge with all the missing spoons plus some plates and bowls, maybe a knife and fork or two as well.

Not photographing them and posting to Twitter/Insta though.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I thought you’d jokingly changed the quotes as a joke you haven’t they’re real 😳.
I've just realised I have heard a few friends talk like those quotes. I thought they were just being weird but to think people actually think this way😬

when did we become so self obsessed and lazy! 😥

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
There are far too many people who could do with a dose of humility and a bit of genuine self-deprecation. Jack is the queen of them all.

The ability to take criticism gracefully and grow from it is becoming a bit of a lost art. Imagine being so up your own butthole that you imagine any criticism is purely borne from hatred. As though that's the only reason anyone could ever have to critique you.

I mean we've all said it many times. I don't hate Jack, most of us here don't. But we hate the grift. And she engages in the grift on the regular 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Not sure if anyone else has seen but Poppy O'Toole has a paid partnership with Hellmanns and she's doing a fantastic job. Somewhere in Southend there'll be clawing and howling I'm sure.
Poppy seems to be flying and attracting so many partnerships. Pleased for her.

Reactions: 21
I get looking after yourself and taking no tit but somewhere it seems to have flipped into people honestly thinking they deserve everyone to treat them like queen's and that they can behave whatever way they want without consequences.

I actually hate that attitude. By all means look after yourself and care less but be prepared for flack if you become a douche.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.