Jack Monroe #240 Schwankend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got bored and flicked through eBay's vintage cutlery. There's loads on there reasonably priced and cheaper postage.
Does she understand bargains?

At least she won't get offered to do that show with that man with the grey hair who picks up tat at the carboots. It's on midmorning I think?! My neighbour watches it, the people buy such utter crap.
Knowing Jack and her love of branded shite, her head was probably turned by that rusty Rolex spoon that she lied about and said was free 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
I thought she got it from her parents? Must have missed it if she later confirmed otherwise.
The switch thing also made me feel a bit sad for SB, after what she wrote about his presents it sounds like she infantilises him and chooses gifts based on what she wants him to have rather than what he actually wants.
I had a bit of a windfall a few years ago (muddy puddle) and I wanted to invest it into something tangible rather than just absorbing it so had bit of work done on the house , had our first family holiday (minibreak - crappy bungalow vibes, she LEFT, arthritic hands etc ) out of the UK and for Christmas that year I treated the kids to a games console.
In my youth I'd been a massive gamer but hadn't picked up a controller in probably 20+ years.
I didn't want to get it wrong so did my obsessional style research and lots of the switch reviews was that it's a more suitable console for younger kids and has limited appeal for them and kids would grow out of it quite quickly (my kids are similar age to SB 🔺)
So I bought an Xbox based on the reviews (kicking myself ever since that I didn't get a PlayStation so I could play too 😂
So I wonder if he was given any choice in the console? It may be that he asked for it but most kids of his age that I know would definitely have asked for PS or Xbox

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Am not familiar with Reddit. Delete?
I’m not moderating you, you might want to spoiler it? It’s not too offensive (considering where it came from) although it’s a bit like reposting something from Britain First or whatever the far right are calling themselves

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I’m not moderating you, you might want to spoiler it? It’s not too offensive (considering where it came from) although it’s a bit like reposting something from Britain First or whatever the far right are calling themselves
Am too late to spoiler. 🙁 Lesson learned, dear Hotes, lesson learned.

Scuttled off to Reddit to try and find what had occurred last Summer but found this instead. Five years old. 😳

Thank you, Mods.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I have to say I didn’t find anything that recent in reddit but aparantly the aparthotel fridge is what captured everyone’s imagination 🥕sewer dweller

• Haha
Reactions: 22
One big problem with people who make explicitly anti-Jack tweets in an attempt to open the squiggles' eyes is that it just doesn't work.

I'm sure someone who knows more about psychology than I do could explain it better, but essentially we really don't like to be told we're wrong (especially by random strangers online). Think about how whenever new Frauen join us, they say something like, "Over time I started to think things Jack said didn't really add up, so I did a bit of digging." They never say, "I tweeted about Jack and a random account commented saying that she's a tax-dodging bleep, wow!"

I know a lot of people here are impatient for the Fall of the House of Monroe, but it's not going to happen immediately. Realistically, a lot of former fans gradually step back and start questioning her. There will always be some diehard Jackolytes, though, because let's face it, I've got some leftover flour, any thoughts? or My entire family is deathly allergic to peanuts but I bought some anyway, got any nice recipes? don't suggest the best critical thinking skills...
I'd like to save this one for later too.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Just be thankful she’s not buying original game boys and wanting on about showing SB Tetris

• Haha
Reactions: 25
@colouredlines is bang on. Pointing out the truth or providing evidence or lifting the curtain on this will only make people cross. It's spoiling a sort of game that everyone is willingly participating in. Just like sali hughes fangirls don't want to admit to themselves that she isn't their super down to earth no nonsense hardworking mum and bossing it glamorous gal pal and trusted adviser jms squigs are very invested in a false version of her. So it's sunk cost fallacy. We're spoiling things if we say hang on.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Oh I could not cope with “things in resin Jack” who wants to buy an interesting leaf/dehydrated mushroom/globule of slop set in resin just £24 plus p+p and you will receive this handmade keepsake on the 10th of Never

• Haha
Reactions: 37
There's a 'not my circus, not my monkeys' sound trending on TikTok at the minute and I just wanted to say come on Jack! This is your chance for your big TikTok debut! (She still has 339 followers 🥲)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
My brain is really struggling to keep up at the moment. I can't seem to work out how decluttering the kitchen transitioned seamlessly into seven boxes of MancBee nightmare fuel.
Did I miss something?
Or have we just hurtled through makeup, black clothes and depression as January Jack's Identity into a cutlery based intermission prior to the next version?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.