Jack Monroe #240 Schwankend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's the standard Monroe kick back.

'A trusted business account with thousands of reviews'
'Three home economists'
'Five nutritional experts'

Bore off ya liar
Add to that a crack team of 12 IT nuts who collectively spent something like 164hrs on her website.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Morning ninnies! Remember our inspirational quotes phase? Good times. Anyway, I found a parody Insta account that seems like it was created specifically for Jack. Case in point:

Screenshot_20220115-105032_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-105038_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-105210_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-105126_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
She must be crashing hard this morning. After the narc high of Spoontopia, followed by the squig eBay truthers, I sense a potential barrage later today. 😬

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
She just said it was a present. Tricksy word Jack never specified who it was presented to. I reckon it was SBs, and he's taken it home with him now, so it may or may not ever get mentioned again, depending if he brings it round with him.
I bit myself presents all the time, usually in the form of a bar of chocolate or second hant books, occasionally fancy tea. Never anything over a tenner.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I bit myself presents all the time, usually in the form of a bar of chocolate or second hant books, occasionally fancy tea. Never anything over a tenner.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with buying yourself presents though, I work insane hours in a crazy job and spend hundreds on myself every single month because I’m not married or have a family and have that luxury.

Jack on the other hand, if she wants to buy herself shite from the internet, she can. But she can’t have both with pleading poverty and rattling the tip jar every day.
(The added thing here is her son, and it sounds like he gets a half eaten gingerbread man and an abacus every Christmas and is delighted with it. If that is the truth with the tat she buys herself, she can get to duck).

• Heart
Reactions: 74
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with buying yourself presents though, I work insane hours in a crazy job and spend hundreds on myself every single month because I’m not married or have a family and have that luxury.

Jack on the other hand, if she wants to buy herself shite from the internet, she can. But she can’t have both with pleading poverty and rattling the tip jar every day.
(The added thing here is her son, and it sounds like he gets a half eaten gingerbread man and an abacus every Christmas and is delighted with it. If that is the truth with the tat she buys herself, she can get to duck).
That's the thing though, if i do have spare cash I spend it on doing something with my kids, not tat.

I'd rather we get to enjoy my money doing something fun and memorable, with perhaps a little keepsake treat rather than something that will be infiltrating landfill in a short whiles time or the nearest charity shop.

I don't expect her to tell us the nitty gritty of what she does, but she only ever seems to mention him except to moan, or something maverick they have done within the house, short walk to the shore. She never ever says went out today and did fun stuff with the kid because I got paid etc. Nope NADA just pics of endless self indulgent tat.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
That's the thing though, if i do have spare cash I spend it on doing something with my kids, not tat.

I'd rather we get to enjoy my money doing something fun and memorable, with perhaps a little keepsake treat rather than something that will be infiltrating landfill in a short whiles time or the nearest charity shop.
A keepsake spoon perhaps?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Yep all of this. It’s so sad to see the disparity between his life and hers, even just the trips to London are such a wasted opportunity.

No idea what 11 year olds like so this may be a bit Abacus but the Tower of London is literally outside Fenchurch street station (where the line from Southend terminates), it’s a 10 min walk to Shoreditch if you’re a really cool teenager wanting vintage clothes & records, or a rainbow beigal for ur Snapchat <hello fellow kids.gif>? Surely this tit is funner than wolfing down some squid ink pasta with a load of aging media cokeheads in need of an SPF anyway???

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Yep all of this. It’s so sad to see the disparity between his life and hers, even just the trips to London are such a wasted opportunity.

No idea what 11 year olds like so this may be a bit Abacus but the Tower of London is literally outside Fenchurch street station (where the line from Southend terminates), it’s a 10 min walk to Shoreditch if you’re a really cool teenager wanting vintage clothes & records, or a rainbow beigal for ur Snapchat <hello fellow kids.gif>? Surely this tit is funner than wolfing down some squid ink pasta with a load of aging media cokeheads in need of an SPF anyway???
I can't speak for anyone else's, but mine would love all of that (and she's most definitely not the sweet natured, jumping for joy over horridge and jigsaw puzzles child SB apparently is either)

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I'm reading this week's Big Issue, which features their "top 100 change makers 2022". Some really great people and organisations.
No sign of the smol pixie, not even in the Social Injustice or Anti-Poverty categories.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I'm reading this week's Big Issue, which features their "top 100 change makers 2022". Some really great people and organisations.
No sign of the smol pixie, not even in the Social Injustice or Anti-Poverty categories.
I can imagine the panel putting together their top 100 coming across a nomination for the small pixie. They would all be...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.