Jack Monroe #240 Schwankend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
" I am a cook professional and I know a thing or two about spoons"

Too early?

ETA Its tat! Jack's screaming and swooning and whatever else over cheap crappy tat!
I could literally lay my hands on all that and more tomorrow and pay about £20.
And Jack's decluttering! In what way is any of this a triumph?!
Make it make sense.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
One big problem with people who make explicitly anti-Jack tweets in an attempt to open the squiggles' eyes is that it just doesn't work.

I'm sure someone who knows more about psychology than I do could explain it better, but essentially we really don't like to be told we're wrong (especially by random strangers online). Think about how whenever new Frauen join us, they say something like, "Over time I started to think things Jack said didn't really add up, so I did a bit of digging." They never say, "I tweeted about Jack and a random account commented saying that she's a tax-dodging bleep, wow!"

I know a lot of people here are impatient for the Fall of the House of Monroe, but it's not going to happen immediately. Realistically, a lot of former fans gradually step back and start questioning her. There will always be some diehard Jackolytes, though, because let's face it, I've got some leftover flour, any thoughts? or My entire family is deathly allergic to peanuts but I bought some anyway, got any nice recipes? don't suggest the best critical thinking skills...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 101
Sometimes when I'm tattling I really wish I still had twitter and ig.
I really want to go and see what's happening with go Henry squig but I find nitter quite hard to navigate with thread comments and tangents.

I deleted my accounts because I was just doing the procrastination scrolling, I used to sell online so had all the platforms then I stopped but still kept all the social media and it was just taking up too much time. I stayed on FB because that's where most of my real social interaction happens (often housebound Frau)
But times like this I really want to properly follow our subjects.
The ability to view stories etc through nefarious means is helpful but doesn't give the full picture, difficult to follow threads etc and none of these people really do FB 🙄
This is probably the most first world problem I've ever had & something I'd probably be too ashamed to admit in the 'real' world

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I hope GoHenrySquig isn’t offended by us talking about her posts (I.e, if you’re reading this, sorry!) it seems Jacks low paid part time job is over doesn’t it? Only got the Monday trips up Lahden Tahn in the diary

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I hope GoHenrySquig isn’t offended by us talking about her posts (I.e, if you’re reading this, sorry!) it seems Jacks low paid part time job is over doesn’t it? Only got the Monday trips up Lahden Tahn in the diary
I got bored and flicked through eBay's vintage cutlery. There's loads on there reasonably priced and cheaper postage.
Does she understand bargains?

At least she won't get offered to do that show with that man with the grey hair who picks up tat at the carboots. It's on midmorning I think?! My neighbour watches it, the people buy such utter crap.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
I got bored and flicked through eBay's vintage cutlery. There's loads on there reasonably priced and cheaper postage.

At least she won't get offered to do that show with that man with the grey hair who picks up tat at the carboots. It's on midmorning I think?! My neighbour watches it, the people buy such utter crap.
I was thinking the same, especially considering she frequents charity shops. With people giving away random free stuff all the time on Buy Nothing groups, Facebook marketplace and Nextdoor...who even shops on eBay these days unless you're looking for something really specific?! (sorry any eBay fraus!!)

Reactions: 22
That kale salad should be used as a desiccant in place of silica gel packets, it looks so dry it would actively suck moisture out of the air. I vividly recall when she made it on DKL because I noticed she'd written on one of her cards 'today Matt I'm making a lentil bean + kale salad' and it made me think of Stars In Their Eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: 71

They always lose money it’s the same programme every day. Oh that seems nice, let’s buy it. £60? Can you make it £55? Sold. Oh dear it’s sold in the sale room for £10 aaarrrrrggggghhh Jack would fit right in.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I noticed that too...in fact she has started to get loads of likes. I'm sure (don't quote me) that she did something late last summer and the Reddit crowd picked it up, and thats where the engagement/followers started to grow...
Yeah, filling the aparthotel fridge with kombacha and orange juice and pretending the hotel had given her a non-alcoholic minibar. It got picked up as a ‘feel good’ type Reddit story and she got lots of followers from that.

Reddit is the perfect place for Jack. It’s heavily moderated so nobody can question you, full of doggos and cattos, and tit that didn’t happen stories do extremely well.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
I was thinking the same, especially considering she frequents charity shops. With people giving away random free stuff all the time on Buy Nothing groups, Facebook marketplace and Nextdoor...who even shops on eBay these days unless you're looking for something really specific?! (sorry any eBay fraus!!)
She’s exhausted all of those snapping up make up palettes and black clothes. And not-black clothes.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
It's the standard Monroe kick back.

'A trusted business account with thousands of reviews'
'Three home economists'
'Five nutritional experts'

Bore off ya liar

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
it seems Jacks low paid part time job is over doesn’t it? Only got the Monday trips up Lahden Tahn in the diary
That’s a good point, she’s definitely not mentioned it for a while. When she first said that she’d been working, and studying, I thought it was such a good thing that she was doing something productive AND keeping it to herself. But now it’s just another case of…

23352C7D-8BEC-4BE6-B87E-631572F99E73.jpeg

(ETA. image a @kachoochoo original!)

• Heart
Reactions: 31
" I am a cook professional and I know a thing or two about spoons"

Too early?

ETA Its tat! Jack's screaming and swooning and whatever else over cheap crappy tat!
I could literally lay my hands on all that and more tomorrow and pay about £20.
And Jack's decluttering! In what way is any of this a triumph?!
Make it make sense.
For some reason this makes me feel a bit sad, sometimes I feel sorry for her, her behaviour is so desperate, she's obviously clearly unfulfilled and lacking something in her life.

I'm in no doubt she's brought it on herself by being such a tricksy person to be around but I am a softy deep down, I can just imagine her deflating today (lights off again) after Puffing up with the ridonculous spoons chaos.

She's been publicly called out in a pointless lie, and her big reveals of the overpriced treasures has been tarnished by squigs bringing up negatives such as stolen goods and tetanus 🤣

I don't want to feel sorry for her because it spoils my entertainment but it's a bit sad.
I'm a sucker for an underdog and this plus the make up chaos, the dyeing chaos and the rest, all feels like someone who is floundering.
She's lost her places in the celeb world, she's been outsmarted publicly so many times, she's been outdone by much better frugal chefs with better public appeal.
She's now predominantly a twitter ranter and apart from the dial-a-fish crew, nobody wants her back for a second try.

If she ever had imposter syndrome she'd be feeling like a self fulfilled prophecy right about now 😭
She doesn't have it in her to just be genuinely happy or at peace.
the only way she seems to be happy is when people tell her how amazing she is, so she keeps finding more bizarre & tedious ways to get the likes, retweets and comments.

I'm struggling to find the right words so please ignore if I don't make sense, but I think we've discussed it before, all these looks, hairstyles, clothing erratica, veering wildly between labour and the Tories, trying to make herself fit, She's no longer the pov darling of the chattering classes & she's a crap recovery spokeswoman.
it feels to me like she's an empty vessel, sort of like a Black Mirror chameleon, or something from tales of the unexpected: the chameleon in the bits in between changing colour, completely devoid of any colour until she finds her next surface to land on 🤯

I'm on one now 😂 but years ago when people first started talking about narcissistic personality disorder I had a partner who displayed lots of the traits and rather than just moving on and forgetting about him I threw myself into trying to understand that type of personality.

lots of reading suggests it comes from a very deep place, normally a childhood wound, whether real or imagined, causes some disconnect from themselves, like dissociation and they create a new persona to hide the dark emptiness inside so they become a mask.
Obviously for whatever reason she resented the foster children at home, maybe they had a lot of difficulties due to their backgrounds and she felt like they were stealing the attention she should have had.
maybe she was always awkward socially, I can imagine her at school as being precocious and a know all, shouting out the answers and telling tales.
I guess she was a bit of a square with all the Sunday school stuff, never learned how to fit in properly so has spent a lifetime trying to mimic and mirror how she thinks she should behave to appear less vapid and to get the attention she craves.

she behaves like a child and for kids any attention is better than none at all, so if that means being naughty or faking illness or telling lies to get noticed then so be it (that'll do)

I can imagine her inner child champing at the bit to try and get the next fix of attention and adulation and I can imagine her drunk behaviour, especially in relationships will be bitter and angry cos things haven't gone the way she planned.

The days when the lights are off are the days when her subconscious pops up to remind her she might actually just be unremarkable (all conjecture of course!).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 68
Scuttled off to Reddit to try and find what had occurred last Summer but found this instead. Five years old. 😳

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 53

What is this programme? Sounds right up my street.
I have a friend who frequents bootsales and makes massive profits selling it on

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Scuttled off to Reddit to try and find what had occurred last Summer but found this instead. Five years old. 😳

I'm sure the denizens of r/MensRights are all lovely people with active and fulfilling sex lives, but what a nonsensical rant. Jack Monroe's various personal issues have nothing to do with feminism.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.