Jack Monroe #240 Schwankend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alton Towers? He's perfectly fine with his hoop and stick, his cheap cheap white bread sandwiches with grated carrot and lowest quality cream cheese spread. Now get to duck etc x
Forgive me, perhaps a trip to the national museum where she can marvel at some proper antique spoons.

I can see her now,

"Yes kind sir, that spoon I must have it?"

Curator, " erm that's a Viking spoon mam used to scoop a man's brains out?"

Her, " perfect I need it for my rinsed beans see, I am a cook professional and I know a thing or two about spoons!"

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I was at an activity today for my kids and on they way home we spotted a charity shop we rarely go into but had some decent bits in the window my kids were interested in. I spotted a massive box full of cutlery for 20p each. She was robbed!
A lot of Jack's haul consists of worn silver plate. She was robbed.

Don't know what the current value of scrap metal is though. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I think every time she buys something with patreon money she calls it ‘a gift from a friend’

we have two ikea complete cutlery sets, because I used to like having loads of people round before the pandemic. Also cooking and serving spoons, and measuring little cup things… not sure- I work really long hours so don’t get in the kitchen much

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
@Veronicaaa I hope you don’t mind me nicking your idea of a song that fits in with the thread, but this one is just perfect. ‘Spoons’ by Rudimental. The live version because it starts with DJ Locksmith saying “I LOVE TO SPOON!” and features someone actually playing the spoons!

I wonder if Jacks‘s feeling buyer’s remorse today?
Brilliant, I love this, but Jacks‘s version would be

• Haha
Reactions: 7
GH squig has already been on the recieving end of a pile on. I hope she won't get any more but she is a strong woman. Actually her straightforward no nonsense approach reminds me of the early squig Kween who called out BLM Jack <3

Jack's ebay seller has more silver antique crockery for sale. I wonder if they will make another sale to Southend.
View attachment 991357
Zounds!!! Is the seller... Aladdin?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Just realised I’ve got THAT MAN spoons
View attachment 991546
I’ve got THAT MAN saucepans. My mum bought them for me. Sorry, I mean I was #gifted them from a friend #blessed.

I bet that spoon seller couldn’t believe their luck! They probably turned to their wife and were like “you’ll never guess what I’ve gone and sold on eBay! You know that box of rusty old crap we found in my aunts house when she died? Someone’s bought it AND paid the £40 for postage!”
“Haha that’s great. Send them some more crap. See what you can get rid of.”

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Didn't Jack also get a retro frying pan? Said it was from a charity shop......Maybe it's another Ebay steal!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Yes. And completely bizarrely her post on twitter about it has got nearly 7k likes.

I noticed that too...in fact she has started to get loads of likes. I'm sure (don't quote me) that she did something late last summer and the Reddit crowd picked it up, and thats where the engagement/followers started to grow...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
It’s the classic thing with Jack though. Take a tiny bit of truth (that the seller most likely sent a couple of sets of scales with the parcel as a thank you for buying their tat) and turn it into some great eBay love story in the face of adversity.

The plucky smol pixie being picked out of all the people on eBay to have free stuff sent. So gauche darling.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.