Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Thanks for the new thread @Silver Linings :)

I posted this at the end of the last thread, but I really feel it is too good a counting opportunity to miss..... please forgive my indulgence!

I have 12 big spoons, 6 soup spoons, 4 tea spoons (where the fuck do they all go?) That's my main cutlery draw. Then I have a posh (£40 from Argos in a fancy satin lined box) set for Crimbo and the like which has 8 big spoons, 8 soup spoons and 8 tea spoons, plus 2 serving spoons.

Therefore, in my household of 2 normal adults, we have 48 spoons. This is excessive, I am going to list them on ebay for Jack to purchase for a hefty fee.

How many spoons do you have cabal??
in silverware 6 =4 tea spoons and 2 big spoons (would be more but we have that tea spoon fairy.. you know the one that takes the socks.. I think our Borrowers are welding something...)
3 cooking implements - 1 wooden, 1 slotted and 1 bigserver that barely gets used.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I love this -thank you very much. Deffo getting the mirror and then pretend I’m in line of duty or something rather than looking for a myriad of mundane items . I’ll leave it to nearer the time or she’ll just make another haul. She gets quite irritated with me when she sees me removing the drawers . Sorry if this is boring. I could talk about my cats as much as jack can about spoons . If I become a boring self absorbed shameless grifter worthy of tattle can I have myriad of mundane items as my thread title please?
Very useful bit of kit 👍

Reactions: 12

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I’m willing to bet I’ve got loads of miscellaneous excess cutlery not just spoons Periodically one of my cats rifles through the drawers in the kitchen and removes items to the back of the unit . It’s all integrated so we struggle to get far enough in to retrieve stuff . Even when we take all the drawers out to reach in and flail about and see what we can grab back we don’t have much luck . End up buying more and she ends up stealing whatever she wants like some kind of dragon cat hoarding pizza cutters etc like a dragon hoards gold . I have no clue why she does this 😂
Have you tried one of those telescopic magnets?

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Django

VIP Member
@Veronicaaa I hope you don’t mind me nicking your idea of a song that fits in with the thread, but this one is just perfect. ‘Spoons’ by Rudimental. The live version because it starts with DJ Locksmith saying “I LOVE TO SPOON!” and features someone actually playing the spoons!

I wonder if Jacks‘s feeling buyer’s remorse today?
Brilliant, I love this, but Jacks‘s version would be

• Haha
Reactions: 7