Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I spy a fancy Nespresso Creatista machine with integrated milk frother. I have one (fancy) and bought at Argos. It was nearly £350. I might add that this was bought by my partner who wanted one for when he stays. I'd make do with Tesco instant.

Though for Jack to have one is a bit odd. It seems a lot for someone to pay for a coffee machine when they don't drink coffee.

ETA what good it the toaster (that she doesn't have) being on the shelf (that is falling off the wall)?
And is that a new toaster? It doesn't have naff writing all over it to tell you it's a toaster for making toast.
Yeah I think the coffee machine is this one: https://ao.com/product/sne800btr-ne...a-plus-pod-coffee-machine-black-65992-64.aspx

It’s £430.

Four
Hundred
And
Thirty
Quid

I love coffee. My veins are mostly flowing with caffeine and I would not spend nearly that much on a machine.

But myyyyy foreeveeerrrrr hoooommmeeeeee. Can’t afford butttteeeeeeerrrrrr.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
so, she got new floor tiles at some point between feb 21 and now and she's gonna cover then up with that huge horrible rancid rug that at one point was about to take itself to the communal skip? lovely

• Haha
Reactions: 35
It's the wall that's weak not the shelves lmao

View attachment 986524
As a fully qualified building surveyor, I can tell you all that she is talking out of her backside.

If it is a stud wall it can support shelves or wall units. You just have to locate the timber studwork and fix to that.

If it is a lath and plaster wall (possible due to the age of the property) then you have to use toggle bolts specifically for the job.

Jack, you need to go on a DIY course, ya prune.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
1. That is a brand new toaster.
2. She's wallpapering over tiles?
3. If that's THAT rug it will be so minging that I may be sick.
4. SHUT THE BLOODY DOORS.

Ugh.
Nice shot of the back door and window, Jack, please don't

I thought it was a new toaster. Wallpapering over tiles is very popular on DIY on a budget on Facebook.

Is that a new coffee machine I spy for the smol pixie that drinks gallons of slow cooker tea?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
All this lights on/lights off, going through old clothes, changing rooms... I don't know if I can do it anymore guys, I'm so tired 😓 It's a neverending hamster wheel of kitchen makeovers

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
I spy a fancy Nespresso Creatista machine with integrated milk frother. I have one (fancy) and bought at Argos. It was nearly £350. I might add that this was bought by my partner who wanted one for when he stays. I'd make do with Tesco instant.

Though for Jack to have one is a bit odd. It seems a lot for someone to pay for a coffee machine when they don't drink coffee.

ETA what good it the toaster (that she doesn't have) being on the shelf (that is falling off the wall)?
And is that a new toaster? It doesn't have naff writing all over it to tell you it's a toaster for making toast.
no need to justify the cost of ANYTHING in your house. you don't go on the beg for money for nothing; i'm sure if you're liable to pay tax then you do, and as such, the value of your coffee maker is of no business or concern of anyone on here.
They are pieces of fabric which Jack sometimes uses in her photos.

4th Feb 2021
View attachment 986653
i'm funny about cleanliness. i don't believe this kitchen is clean, and i wouldn't take as much as a glass of water off of her. there's no way that kitchen is clean with all of that shite in there.
WTF are all the rolls of paper above the cupboards?!
everything about this photo is making me itch.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Cream cheese in a chicken casserole? I'm a vegan myself but the ways of the carnivore are not totally unknown to me - do people put cream cheese in a chicken casserole? Sounds kind of gloopy.

• Sick
Reactions: 47
I don't know why she's using alcohol free wine when a. she says that it tastes like crap b. it probably shouldn't even be in the house at this stage of her you-know-what and c. she says that brewed tea is a good substitute.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
so, she got new floor tiles at some point between feb 21 and now and she's gonna cover then up with that huge horrible rancid rug that at one point was about to take itself to the communal skip? lovely
I think it's the same tiles she's always had but just put/rolled back into place. Those pattern marks are in the same locations they always were. I checked 😂😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
So have just done an estimate on her revenue for 2021 - this isn’t straight forward but please bear with the explanation of it and as you read the bullets look at the table to help visualise! Excel phobic fraus pls join us on this journey and rest assured we will guide you through it!

So we factually know how many subscribers she had per month - what we don’t know is which payment tier they’re on or the platform fee Patreon are charging her. There’s also more complex tit like annuals get discounted but I see that as going in the vague estimate of avg monthly sub?

Because we don’t know these two we can take a look at a range of values and decide the assumptions that fit for us. So along the columns we’re applying different patreon fees, with 12% being the very highest according to their documentation and I’d assume for the big boys raking in tens of thousands a month?

Along the rows we have different avg subscription values, from the absolute minimum of £3.50 up to a hugely generous £20.00.

So let’s run through some scenarios:
* The absolute bare minimum she’d have received last year is £10.7k, assuming everyone is on the cheapest tier of £3.50 and Patreon are charging their highest fee of 12%
* Moving along the blue row you can see how a change in rates would effect her take home, if she’s on the cheapest rate of 2% she takes home £11.9k
* Going all the way up to the most £££ assumption that the average sub is £20 per month, this would mean taking home £61.2k - £68.2k per year.
* Personally for me, I think the truth lives somewhere in the grey. I think her audience are affluent enough that an avg sub of around a tenner makes sense and I’d imagine that she’d only be subject to minimal fees, so a take home of £25k - £34k from this makes sense.

View attachment 986002

Ps can we pls discuss how ducking annoying the ads are when trying to do a long post????
Grunking here so will no doubt have already been said. Firstly thank space you to @heretoreaditall2019 table very helpful for this non forensic brained frau. This is what makes me so angry, Jack is possibly earning a full time wage for doing sweet fa but still feels extremely hard done by. She leads such a comfortable charmed life, and has no idea of how luck she is 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Sorry for coming back to this, the food is subsidised in the houses of parliament, a job came up working there managing the computer network, as some fraus know, that's what our lad does, he really fancied it until he saw the salary which was just above minimum wage, not enough to live on in London so not everyone working there is on mega bucks

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I don't know why she's using alcohol free wine when a. she says that it tastes like crap b. it probably shouldn't even be in the house at this stage of her you-know-what and c. she says that brewed tea is a good substitute.
For all the flavour it would add, I’d just leave it out? Bizarre.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.