Jack Monroe #239 Error when subscribing. Please try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing I find two faced about it all is the alleged Tory and co taking money from the poor to feed the rich, yet apparently taking money from poor people for basically existing on the internet and imparting wisdom nothing short of having a good Google search is ok?

Money today for most people is very very important, bills are increasing etc, yet people online expect 10 pounds a month for imparting some information and the odd freebie. It doesn't make sense to me.

I don't sub anyone online, I give to well meaning charities and give food to foodbanks, the rest of my money is spent on keeping my family alive not to keep some bint in Mac makeup.

The Tories may be shady but a least you can see it happening

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
All the draining board chat yesterday made me remember this cursed image. Why in the name of LJC is she so het up about which side her drainer's on if all she's going to do is use it as yet another piece of furniture to mount with her Mediterranean arse?

View attachment 986199
Completely OT but why does the strategically placed jar of Marmite say JACK on the label? Is it a 'Jacks Marmite, just for Jack, hands off do not touch even just for a nibble' situation?
What a sad little life Jane Jack.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Her food is not my cup of tea, but her beginner As level at best knowledge of politics is ridiculous. Her research seems mostly based on her say and biased media accounts, most of her own knowledge is based on biased fist waving anger of why haven't I got what they got?! None of it is helpful or useful.

To understand politics you have to grasp and understand both sides regardless of how you feel about it and make a sensible decision on what needs to be done moving forward. Anger, ego and self appreciation and are not useful( hence why the current parliament are useless)

Parliament needs to stop the he said she said and actually address proper issues and learn to work together to make a workable system in which the people and the system and work hand in hand.

In recent years the constant mud slinging from all sides has resulted in the real neglect of what's important.

All of this!!!! And sorta OT but I don't know if you've been following what Chris Evans (the actor not the DJ) has been doing with his site "A Starting Point" ??? People criticised it for giving a platform for extreme right wing republicans, saying he was both sides-ing American politics, but how can you argue against them if you don't know what they stand for?
(In any case it's a civics site to be used in schools but people won't see that because they think he's stupid)

Reactions: 24
I am in awe of @heretoreaditall2019 's informative and easily digestible table!

I think she sits somewhere around the 11 to 25k mark from Patreon. Enough to pay the bills more or less. So when she gets a contract paid she goes all spenny and buys £300 suits or orders a bunch of stuff from John Lewis she doesn't need.

By now Jack has convinced herself that her particular brand of time wasting (whenever she does have a small amount of work to do) equates to 80 hrs a week. Of course it does if you're 'packing and cataloguing' items of clothing/rearranging your bedroom for the umpteenth time or writing out every pointless thought on a post-it. Busy work and nothing more.

I've wondered sometimes how she sleeps at night and this is it. She creates work for herself that takes hours when for most it would take minutes. Everything is a long, drawn out, 'forensic' process to justify her subsidized existence.

Unfortunately for Jack, her work is littered with errors. If this is hours of her time, I'd love to see a rush job 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Absolutely love the forensic Patreon spreadsheets. Of course what we need to also bear in mind is the ‘tip jar’ and the ‘Twitter tips’ that are separate.

Reactions: 29
Apart from everything else, isn't it weird to do a naked streak round the house when your pre-teen son is in?
It's a weird thing full stop, but definitely weirder when there's older kids around.

What was she hoping to achieve by doing it anyway? That LJC would be so turned on by nudie Jack with socks on, she'd take her back and they'd live off Louisa's income happily ever after?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Apart from everything else, isn't it weird to do a naked streak round the house when your pre-teen son is in?
It's so weird. I'm no prude, but my son at that age stared to find it uncomfortable to see me naked. That is normal, healthy and needs to be respected. Running around the house naked is beyond weird, especially around a 'housemate' and a preteen child.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
It's a weird thing full stop, but definitely weirder when there's older kids around.

What was she hoping to achieve by doing it anyway? That LJC would be so turned on by nudie Jack with socks on, she'd take her back and they'd live off Louisa's income happily ever after?
Lord knows. But the idea of trying to work while someone was streaking and then laughing maniacally...it wouldn't make you not think you had to LEAVE

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Draining boards and what they mean to me an essay

I just want to jump in here cos I lurked during a great bin chat and lurk slightly less now during another enthralling to me survey of everyone's everyday with the draining boards.
I'm so pleased so many fraus have them! I thought I was such a fuddy duddy for preferring them (tho sorry if they're a burden for anyone who wishes for worktop grooves. I also like kitchens delineated by walls with cupboards on them so I'm prob 1978 Jack's long lost aunt in terms of tastes)
I'm a cleaner and I've self induced a fuge state picturing past draining boards I've experienced- and the most recent have been left (home so most often) right, right, left, right, right, right, left so though right is a clear majority, it's never something I consciously clock or kneel and wail at the sight of. I'm right handed and a natural born oaf too, but I've never been in any way ruined by what side the draining board was on.
I've used them when cleaning crystal candle sticks, oven door glass, and massive crusted enameled cast iron with no issues (please please spare a prayer for me now I've said that that I haven't cursed my record)

Anyway (I say that like I'm getting to something important- in no way am I!) whenever I used to finish cleaning a particular stainless steel draining board in a galley kitchen, I gave it a little double tap like "sit yourself down pet", and I never really spared the seconds to think why I do that (just thought it was kind of a physical ear worm that randomly generated and repeated there)- and I think it's because this image of the rusty corduroy covered arse resting on a draining board burned some kind of unfortunate imprint in my memory without me realising 😂 I only realised I did it when the households pet thought it was an invitation for their paws up there- I kicked a toy in the opp direction and contact was averted but I have to remember to stop myself now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.