Jack Monroe #236 You absolute whelksplat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate the way she wrote about him (and it echoed how she wrote about Barack Obama too) I found it quite offensive so god knows what he thought of it. And the slang!! Patronising cowbag.
i could barely stand to read it! Describing him as bashful and gentle is just so…urgh. i can’t believe it got printed.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 56
5 minute phone calls are not more efficient than email. Christ what a world we now live in.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
Where have all the niches gone? David Baddiel should stay in his lane.
I sang this to the tune of “Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?” by Paula Cole. Which made me do this.

I will dye the laundry
If Patreon pays all the bills
Where is my plug hair
Where is my brown slop
Where is my happy ending
Where have all the niches gone

• Haha
Reactions: 38
5 minute phone calls are not more efficient than email. Christ what a world we now live in.
She's that dense she probably hasn't even clocked that this guy is the CEO of the useless app he's recommending.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Hearing Monroe yapping away on the phone would make me want to end myself with a rusty spoon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Omg same. Totally phone adverse, me. Send me a quick email that’s straight to the point PLEASE.
I'm sure Jack would love it if there was no email papertrail for all the promises she makes and never delivers on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Why would people want copies of her book if they are in a tit situation!?! She has time and a social media platform, why can't she do some fundraising or volunteering to help these people instead of copies of her slop recipes that will only induce depression and disappointment.

God she's a twit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Most, in fact, probably all my emails are things like my payslips, bank statements, library checking out details, supermarket loyalty program, not something that would work as a phone call. The only one I can think of recently from an actual person would in fact have been less efficient as a phone call, because it was information regarding my daughter moving up to Middle School, with price lists, uniform requirements etc

• Heart
Reactions: 26
🥰😌 Jack is back and giving me the Utter Rage again, can any kind Frau please give me directions to the Hair Bobble video? Feel like seeing her as she really is 😡

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She claims she got a free night’s stay for helping them when they had a fire. Realistically they were probably staying anyway and their room was comped because of the fire.

She could also put this membership through as a biz expense lol.
I hate “used to be in the SAS but can’t talk about it” fake firemanlady Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I have been known to buy cheap copies of Monroe's books from charity shops/bookstalls, take them home and chuck them. I feel very strongly that people on lower incomes should not fall victim to poorly-tested, incorrect recipes. When you read how other food writers neurotically test their recipes and go out of their way to amend the odd error (which happens!), Monroe's slovenly ways appal me even more.
One of our fraus has been a home economist recipe tester for cookbooks and told us about how much testing goes into it. Apologies I can’t remember who it was, but basically, it’s a lot and Fack clearly does none

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.