Jack Monroe #236 You absolute whelksplat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 964851
This is what I found but it’s 2 years old so you’ll need to rack the price up a tad.
Might I also add that the total cost is just under what I earn per month. 😡🤬 I may seem fortunate but Jesus h, I wish that I had no conscience sometimes - I’d have a kickstarter for a retirement pad in St Lucia.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
How much is membership there???!
I may be mistaken but think she had complimentary membership after getting one of their awards, or Louisa was the member. It could even be on expenses for social networking. The only successful writer I know pays the £80 per annum for the British Library which gets you somewhere lovely to work and access to fantastic resources for research which I can see the point of having conversations with media types who think they are important not so much

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Same with Soho House, rich wankers as far as the eye can see. Fun for a one off but a membership?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Might I also add that the total cost is just under what I earn per month. 😡🤬 I may seem fortunate but Jesus h, I wish that I had no conscience sometimes - I’d have a kickstarter for a retirement pad in St Lucia.
I worked in a nightclub in Belfast that was VIP and memberships. Full of arseholes mostly. I only worked there for about two months met a few z Listers. ETA this was years ago.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
yeah, I'm pretty sure she won a lifetime membership gratis for winning their "ligger hero of the year" award or whatever that one time

all the squid ink pasta her heart desires!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I worked in a nightclub in Belfast that was VIP and memberships. Full of arseholes mostly. I only worked there for about two months met a few z Listers. ETA this was years ago.
Was it the one in the odyssey?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
🔺 yes, however the turnover there was huge. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
yeah, I'm pretty sure she won a lifetime membership gratis for winning their "ligger hero of the year" award or whatever that one time

all the squid ink pasta her heart desires!
I think so too.
Also, the Groucho was where she told Jude Law to sit down and shut up.
She was singing 'Common People' in the Ivy. In a private members area, I do believe.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
The Groucho Club is an overrated grubby tit hole. Soho House et Al is full of media wankers and not worth the money (hence why Jack probably loves it). And you have to be invited to join by a current member. Get tae duck with that shite.

I have a limited company and we have been fucked over by covid and the government. Zero support. We couldn’t claim furlough for ourselves though as were still working & earning, albeit not much at all. Jack would be in the same position. And we know for a fact she has some really decent paying gigs (Hellman’s, Linda etc) so to claim otherwise slow cooks my tea and grates my radiator dried mushrooms.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
The Groucho Club is an overrated grubby tit hole. Soho House et Al is full of media wankers and not worth the money (hence why Jack probably loves it). And you have to be invited to join by a current member. Get tae duck with that shite.

I have a limited company and we have been fucked over by covid and the government. Zero support. We couldn’t claim furlough for ourselves though as were still working & earning, albeit not much at all. Jack would be in the same position. And we know for a fact she has some really decent paying gigs (Hellman’s, Linda etc) so to claim otherwise slow cooks my tea and grates my radiator dried mushrooms.
Would it be possible for her to be getting the Hellmans, DKL etc money paid to her as a sole trader then just doing a regular self-employee tax return on those earnings? Are we barking up the wrong tree with On A Bootstrap Ltd?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.