Jack Monroe #236 You absolute whelksplat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s an hole. Honestly, I’ve said it before and no doubt I’ll say it again, but how on earth is this allowed to go on?!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Caroline was an ego stroking personal branding project from Jack. She exists in the one set of accounts filed said the profit generating activist’s Ltd company had two employees, the same Ltd is also on the gov’s furlough docs as having claimed for someone and iirc you can’t claim *furlough* as a director but you could get the grants/loans?

She tried to turn the GoHenry tit onto them by claiming we’d compromised the account and GH should review their security procedures 😂 Hun if any of us could get into bank accounts without a trace we wouldn’t be targeting GoHenry’s pocket money hauls I can promise you that !

Hiya HTRIA :)

It was possible to claim furlough as a director - I personally did, because I had no client work for 6 months. Which leads me to a horrible thought - I hope Jack did not claim it for herself. I can't fully remember what you had to complete in terms of paperwork - I think it was just a declaration to say you had no material work for x amount of time - then my accountant processed my furlough pay (meagre, as I mostly pay myself in dividends not PAYE).

Anyway I don't want to start a scurrilous rumour, but we saw the evidence that On a Bootstrap Ltd was on the list that claimed, and she said she paid Caroline of the hands herself (although that makes no real sense). I also hope that isn't the reason the accounts haven't been done for that year, because they would show she did in fact have paid work during the time furlough was claimed...

I feel awful for even typing this as surely it cannot be...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
Hiya HTRIA :)

It was possible to claim furlough as a director - I personally did, because I had no client work for 6 months. Which leads me to a horrible thought - I hope Jack did not claim it for herself. I can't fully remember what you had to complete in terms of paperwork - I think it was just a declaration to say you had no material work for x amount of time - then my accountant processed my furlough pay (meagre, as I mostly pay myself in dividends not PAYE).

Anyway I don't want to start a scurrilous rumour, but we saw the evidence that On a Bootstrap Ltd was on the list that claimed, and she said she paid Caroline of the hands herself (although that makes no real sense). I also hope that isn't the reason the accounts haven't been done for that year, because they would show she did in fact have paid work during the time furlough was claimed...

I feel awful for even typing this as surely it cannot be...
Our accountancy OG ❤ Surely accountancy must be the single largest profession on here? We need a census!

Thank you for this - omg the potential scandal of this 😳 It would go a very long way to explaining how she’s sustained her lifestyle tbh. Basically a free £40k gross p/a salary in the bank (I know it tapered at some point) + £1k a month for Patreon & then the 5 figure #sponcons. What a pandemic she’s had ey!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Our accountancy OG ❤ Surely accountancy must be the single largest profession on here? We need a census!

Thank you for this - omg the potential scandal of this 😳 It would go a very long way to explaining how she’s sustained her lifestyle tbh. Basically a free £40k gross p/a salary in the bank (I know it tapered at some point) + £1k a month for Patreon & then the 5 figure #sponcons. What a pandemic she’s had ey!
Well, if you are all wrong I’m sure she will soon explain it and show the taxes to HMRC soon enough……

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
This feels so much like there is Jack Monroe the adult and Jack Monroe the twitter personality - akin to the two Lorraine Kellys. Any parallels to tax issues are drawn solely by the reader.
On a grunk but jumping forward to say my dad and I refer to her as ‘The artist formally known as Lorraine Kelly’ 😂.

Did we work with the same person?? An ex colleague of mine always set her OOO to something along the lines of 'I am on annual leave and will delete your email upon my return - if it is important please re-send it but please note it will not be read or actioned if recieved between X and Y' 🤯🤯🤯 (there's a reason they are an ex colleague btw)
Possibly but my colleague didn’t even put that in their OOO - just deleted it all upon return! In a previous role I received some brilliant OOO - one included the message ‘I’m currently climbing Everest so won’t reply to your email’. A colleague and I found some of them so hilariously absurd that we made a list of the best ones.

Does Jack’s OOO just read ‘Shan’t!’

• Haha
Reactions: 45
This was Paloma Faith’s “out of office“ tweet a few years ago. Can you imagine Jack trying something like this?!

CE28F604-39C7-41B2-B26E-D871E6701817.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I think Caroline did exist. But what the duck she actually did who knows. Apparently it was a job she couldnt possibly do from home so she was furloughed andJack paid FROM HER OWN POCKET.

So no diary management, no email triaging, no accounts, no travel booking, no database management, organising post pickups mailings etc
Outside being a pair of hands, who knows.
She exists but I suspect she was long gone well before the furlough or not furlough issue.

Reactions: 28
I’ve seen a lot of peoples accounts where companies claimed furlough and still had better turnover than the previous year because they diversified or got sales but still had a smaller workforce. Any defrauding will be where people claimed furlough for workers who continued to work. It will be hard to prove. My firm claimed it at the beginning of lockdown in case no one could work - a lot of places did just in case, but we all managed to work at home and still make billing targets so they paid it back. When all the statistics are available decades from now someone will study them to see what happened and who made a fortune. Not me - IM BUSY

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

Bless you - I'm not an accountant!!!! My account would be splitting her sides as she knows I only just about manage! I'm just a limited company director (who is generally bad at both maths and finances) but diligently makes sure her accounts are done on time :).

When you put your accounts into your accountant for them to process and file, you have to provide them with all your business bank account statements for that year, so there would be no hiding any additional cash coming in, on top of furlough.

Depending on what's logged on your spreadsheet (because I'm a basic witch when it comes to my finances - I don't have an accountancy package) they will also ask for receipts. So if for example they see an apple product, or indeed any time I buy anything at JL (which is usually a new phone), they will ask for a receipt and I would have to confirm that I bought it for the business, rather than twatting around on tattle :). I'm not sure a receipt for a Cotwold Co sideboard x 59 is so justifiably a business expense.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Bless you - I'm not an accountant!!!! My account would be splitting her sides as she knows I only just about manage! I'm just a limited company director (who is generally bad at both maths and finances) but diligently makes sure her accounts are done on time :).

When you put your accounts into your accountant for them to process and file, you have to provide them with all your business bank account statements for that year, so there would be no hiding any additional cash coming in, on top of furlough.

Depending on what's logged on your spreadsheet (because I'm a basic witch when it comes to my finances - I don't have an accountancy package) they will also ask for receipts. So if for example they see an apple product, or indeed any time I buy anything at JL (which is usually a new phone), they will ask for a receipt and I would have to confirm that I bought it for the business, rather than twatting around on tattle :). I'm not sure a receipt for a Cotwold Co sideboard x 59 is so justifiably a business expense.
I had a tv presenter who claimed her Botox… HD wasn’t kind.

• Haha
  • Wow
It is - and it’s time expense as well. My lunches for the week consisted of a loaf of bread and x5 little microwave pouches of beans (WITH THEIR JUICE) that Morrison’s used to do for 20p. Occasionally I could get the cut price crumpets which was a treat. Dinner was always pasta bake that I’d eke out over three days. And I wouldn’t have had time to grate my bleeping bread and dice aubergine - I needed to sleep! Missed a trick, didn’t I?
I understand… I really was a poor single mom! I’d eat toast for breakfast dinner and tea! I used to go to bed really early to save on my utility bills. I didn’t have a dad around for my child. Over 20 years ago I was on something called Income Support. Not sure if single parents still get it now. I had virtually no life. A friends Dad gave me a job at the pub he managed, just doing the cleaning, I could take my little one with me so it was such a pick me up! An then my ex (who was a proper nasty piece of work) grassed me up! Ok, hands up, I was a bit naughty because it was cash in hand… but I was hardly raking it in! It was just an extra few quid a week so I could actually have my central heating on! I had to admit to it an they said I was allowed to earn £20 a week on top of the benefit. So luckily it didn’t really affect me to much. If I remember correctly, I just had to declare every week what I’d earnt! If I went over the £20 the extra came off my benefits. She really annoys me because people are living hand to mouth doing minimum wage jobs an she’s using aubergines in recipes! She’s no idea what real poverty is. I did everything I could to get myself in to work once my son grew up. I went to uni an built a career, I didn’t beg for money on Social Media! I hate people who play the victim.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
She’s an hole. Honestly, I’ve said it before and no doubt I’ll say it again, but how on earth is this allowed to go on?!
I know, right?
I became a mithering ninny on the back of her DISGUSTING Xmas menu when the
veggies were expected to eat the vegetable peelings, and the rest of it was cooked in lard!

Then Roadside mum happened and Jack Monroe rode on their coat tails long and hard
and I was more done than her slightly undercooked pasta on TM.
We all have our tipping point from squiggle to wiggle, (Wised up ex squiggle)
the term I just invented, so hopefully it will go viral!

Then I found here, and discovered Jack Monroe is a serial grifter who made big money
off the back of Covid and peoples' genuine financial struggles being severely worsened
whilst she played out her £20 a week food budget cosplay whilst living with Louisa Compton
(Head of Channel 4 news, current affairs AND sport).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
I got a JL voucher for Christmas so ordered some bits for my baby's nursery (cot sheets, mattress protector etc. - FANCY) but they seems to have sent everything in different parcels so I had a couple last week, two today and just been notified that there's another arriving tomorrow.
Am I Jack?!

Also, said baby is in an '"only sleeping on mum" phase so I'm having a dizzyingly hootingly good time reading slowing from the start in the wee hours.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Pretty sure we are coming up to the anniversary of that photo from roadside mum where Jack insisted it was her story and then took all the paid tv gigs. I would quite like to watch back the video of that day if anyone still has it as given what we now know from the DIva article things weren’t quite as they were made out…..

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Aaaw, I miss having a snuggley frog-legged baby sleeping on my chest.
Babe same. 2nd is very independent and loves her space and sleeps well - all amazing. But she’s not very cuddly at the moment. We are not planning to have any more and I’m trying to emotionally deal with being out of baby stage. (Sounds a bit self indulgent and defo OT but it is a transition - esp as with a pandemic kicking off when she was 3 months we didn’t do a lot of the usual baby things. )

• Heart

Here’s one of her posts…. Surprisingly not deleted and calling on Boris to be a bit more like Jesus

Foundthe one I was thinking of

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.