Jack Monroe #236 You absolute whelksplat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For those that 'know' me, you may know that I am prone to shouting kumquat! On occasion.

I play hidden object games when not tattling and the latest update requires you to find a kumquat 😂 once again tattle invades real life
This reminded me of the Dick & Dom thing for shouting "Bogeys!"

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I think we missed it properly due to the dry January chaos but it’s been just over 2 years since the very first post

Perhaps Jack could dig out the amazing headband since it changed her sleeping at the time!
Right: please stop sharing these links so late in the evening. Me and Mr ECDB are back at work tomorrow; I’ve already spent the evening darning his socks and sewing buttons onto his coat with the dogs belly button fluff, I simply haven’t got time for this.

THAT SAID: I’ve just had a nosey through the first few pages of the first thread and laughed so hard our bed is shaking.
She keeps her DM’s opened in case someone needs to have an emergency meal made from flour, water, oil from a tin of fish, rind of Brie and can’t think just what to do with it 😲😂

And as if that wasn’t bad enough:
The work she’s doing from the minute her feet hit the threadbare carpet for a 6m segment including CHECKING FOR BREAKING NEWS. what in the fuckery is going on here? I get the BBC alerts and I doubt I’ve ever seen one which details the sharp increase in the price of Asda smart price angel delight.

Honestly, the best thing that could happen to me is that I go back to work and my normal life tomorrow. This is all too much for me. 😂😂😂👌🏼👌🏼

The ‘PS, I earn £8 an hour’ woke the dog up when I snorted.

Edit: just getting my cheese calculator out. Does she charge for all those hours from her feet hitting the floor or just for the 6m segment? If it’s just for the segment, it’s an awful lot of work for less than a quid.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Right: please stop sharing these links so late in the evening. Me and Mr ECDB are back at work tomorrow; I’ve already spent the evening darning his socks and sewing buttons onto his coat with the dogs belly button fluff, I simply haven’t got time for this.

THAT SAID: I’ve just had a nosey through the first few pages of the first thread and laughed so hard our bed is shaking.
She keeps her DM’s opened in case someone needs to have an emergency meal made from flour, water, oil from a tin of fish, rind of Brie and can’t think just what to do with it 😲😂

The work she’s doing from the minute her feet hit the threadbare carpet for a 6m segment including CHECKING FOR BREAKING NEWS. what in the fuckery is going on here? I get the BBC alerts and I doubt I’ve ever seen one which details the sharp increase in the price of Asda smart price angel delight.

Honestly, the best thing that could happen to me is that I go back to work and my normal life tomorrow. This is all too much for me. 😂😂😂👌🏼👌🏼

Edit: just getting my cheese calculator out. Does she charge for all those hours from her feet hitting the floor or just for the 6m segment? If it’s just for the segment, it’s an awful lot of work for less than a quid.
DMs have to stay open in case political prisoners need to message as well, dontcha know

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

Well I’ve accepted the challenge (‘you do the maths’). A one hour program would equate to 200hrs prep time.

Which reminds me: did the crack team (196hrs worth of expertise in one day alone) fix her website?

• Haha
Reactions: 41

Mr flash and I are also back to work tomorrow. Perhaps Jack is back to her 20 hour working days tomorrow which is why she has gone silent.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

this little rundown doesn't even include the time taken to make a video in the dressing room of shaking her hair out of curlers, tagging nigella as "mom" and staring around angrily for a bobble!

was a truly magnificent time

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Once and done. Any probs with any of my recipes, just ask me on twitter.
Also thrice tested.
Omg that reminds me of the squig who was making the ”foolproof brioche“ and realised halfway that the recipe didn’t specify how much butter to use.
In my head they’re still standing in their kitchen waiting for Jack to respond to their tweet.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
‘Structural integrity an issue’ ... yeah, I’d say so. That recipe is basically fried baba ganoush - about as much structural integrity as a fart in the wind.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.