Jack Monroe #235 Goggleslop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe she wouldn't need to kick so many leaves if she stopped shitting over everyone's lives and restricted herself to the loo.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
She’s gone too bleeping far with that. She really is a piece of tit. I have alcohol issues. It’s not that bleeping simple. Nobody, NOBODY who has addiction issues would say anything so bleeping stupid.

• Heart
Reactions: 90
Glad she included seeking actual medical advice for heavy drinkers. Shame it's buried under the potentially deadly "just don't drink" nonsense.

• Sad
  • Heart
NI twitter today is all about a troll who made a disgusting comment about one of our politician’s Diane dodd’s dead child. I wonder what Jack would think of this online abuse and trolling…… oh wait!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
she was in there when they were questioning how she could be so poor but afford a tattoo sleeve…!

Wow! Some good observations there ref jack but bloody hell, that's the first time I've read
Richard littejohn and he is vile!
I have been a long term reader of Liz Jones column (long story) but I always feel dirty turning to her column in that publication, i partly have a macabre fascination and horror that anybody could be that consistently nasty. I thought she was an anomaly though.

No wonder daily fail readers are generally arseholes if this is the attitude of their writers not to detract from the jack shade, he got most of that bit right 💘

Reactions: 39
Jack is bleeping dangerous when they appoint themselves as spokesperson for whatever their latest cosplay is.

Addiction can and does have devastating consequences - if only it were as simple as ‘don’t pick up a drink’.

Jack’s simplification of conditions is so damaging and could really impact anyone reading who then thinks they’ve failed because they simply can’t (in this case) not pick up a drink and instead of seeking support so then gives up/thinks they can’t succeed.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Sorry on a grunk again so apologies if the discussion has moved in.

Our son in law doesn't drink, our daughter does but only very infrequently as does our son. I know what they like so we have coke zeros, Sprite and j2os (and an ice machine so no warm drinks for us ninnies) in for Christmas, they don't like non alcoholic wine etc. So is she came here she would get offered those (amongst other things) which obviously wouldn't do for her.
My kids pretty much don’t drink (we do, a normal amount to us!) and J20 is a treat remembered from childhood. I’ve spoken to them about peer pressure drinking and they’ve luckily not come across this but they also wouldn’t expect multiple non alcoholic choices.

Reactions: 32
Let's remember the time the Guardian paid Jack to write about her 5-day sobriety journey:

Screenshot_20220101-183245_Chrome.jpg

Whenever my dad tried to give up drinking, he would spend the first few days in a vile mood, mostly just lying in bed shivering and sweating. It was not a time of great productivity.

Her giving up alcohol advice (just don't drink) is on a par with her saving money at the supermarket advice (make a list).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 84
Starting the year as she means to go on then, I see, giving out uneducated advice, oversharing, making up more illnesses, being a general twit.

Happy new year, Jack!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Let's remember the time the Guardian paid Jack to write about her 5-day sobriety journey:

View attachment 955519

Whenever my dad tried to give up drinking, he would spend the first few days in a vile mood, mostly just lying in bed shivering and sweating. It was not a time of great productivity.

Her giving up alcohol advice (just don't drink) is on a par with her saving money at the supermarket advice (make a list).
I’ve said this before, but Jack shows classic signs of being in the pink cloud. It’s a period where people who are recently sober and just getting over withdrawal, can be very energetic and elated, feeling like they can take on the world. It’s a psychological thing but also physical because all the substances are leaving your body and you’re starting to feel normal again.

Trouble is, it doesn’t last. It can be good to feel that way, because it motivates you to stay on track, but ultimately, you do get a bit of a crash. People who don’t tackle the causes of their addiction can soon relapse once that initial energy has worn off and it’s back to boring real life.

It’s a precarious period and absolutely not a time where someone should be giving addiction advice.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
View attachment 955440
Is there such a thing as an "OCD specific antidepressant"? I know that some are recommended for its treatment more than others but that doesn't really seem like the same thing 🤷🏾‍♀️

EDIT: also what doctor would give sleeping pills to someone who has admitted to abusing prescription medication?
...she's "on sleepers", yet is up till 2-3am on twitter every night and as recently as (checks calendar) one day ago, was up from 2 to 7 in the morning dyeing her hair?

So she's either:

a) lieing about medication she's on
or b) wildly incorrectly taking prescribed medication

Neither of which are good.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Wow! Some good observations there ref jack but bloody hell, that's the first time I've read
Richard littejohn and he is vile!
I have been a long term reader of Liz Jones column (long story) but I always feel dirty turning to her column in that publication, i partly have a macabre fascination and horror that anybody could be that consistently nasty. I thought she was an anomaly though.

No wonder daily fail readers are generally arseholes if this is the attitude of their writers not to detract from the jack shade, he got most of that bit right 💘
Richard Littlejohn is a well known twit. He's *maybe* less vile than Jan Moir, but not by much. He also talks so much tit, including (infamously) including the phrase "you couldn't make it up" about something it turned out that he had, in fact, made up.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Her lying, stupidity and self-aggrandisement are off the scale. Looks like we're going to have to re-calibrate our instruments lads, a chaos storm of potentially deadly proportions is brewing and we need to be prepared. Strap yourselves in, I'll get the gifted Russell Hobbs kettle on.

Oh ffs, never mind, I just karate chopped it and now it's broken. I knew I should've bought that kettle insurance advertised during The Sloppies 😞

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Cats try to cover their shits, Jack, dogs don't. Dogs revel in tit, sniff it, roll in it and sometimes eat it.
There you go, Django's new year proof that you don't even know pets.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Watching the first episode of the new series of Family Guy and hooted and fizzed at this line

'you know you haven't really made it until you're able to convince rich people to give you money for a nebulous and undefined important cause'

😂

• Haha
I don't know much about her apart from reading the last few threads because she seemed like such an attention seeker and a terrible "cook". Why does she call herself Jack? Is it because she knows jack tit about food?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I don't know much about her apart from reading the last few threads because she seemed like such an attention seeker and a terrible "cook". Why does she call herself Jack? Is it because she knows jack tit about food?
There is the pink Wiki button at the top of the page, you have so much to enjoy, dear heart xoxo

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.