Jack Monroe #235 Goggleslop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So 0% alternatives lead to relapse but it’s an affront to offer cola and j20

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
Happy new year to you all, all this talk of drinks has inspired me to grab a coke zero with loads of ice and slices of lemon, fancy!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I don't have twitter and no longer able to read it without adding the app and getting myself an account. I don't want one for ...reasons 🤣
Please can someone advise, those tweets other people have done about normalising, is that shade in direct response to jack's normalize X y and z tweet?

Reactions: 21
'It's simple just don't pick up an alcoholic drink' are you taking the piss or what??? I can't see how that isn't an (in extremely poor taste) joke????

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 89
'It's simple just don't pick up an alcoholic drink' are you taking the piss or what??? I can't see how that isn't an (in extremely poor taste) joke????
I imagine the vast majority of people doing dry January probably do find it simple as they don’t have drinking problems. But if anyone is actually an alcoholic it must be awful for this kind of pressure

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Can’t work it out either. Certainly there’s lots of people who just fancy giving up the drink for health/weightloss/money reasons but there are also plenty who realise that they use alcohol as a crutch or lean on it too heavily, who perhaps always have to have a drink when they get in from work who will be using this as a reset and to say “it’s easy” is a kick in the teeth from some one who claims to be an alcoholic!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
Screenshot_20220101-170526~2.png

Is there such a thing as an "OCD specific antidepressant"? I know that some are recommended for its treatment more than others but that doesn't really seem like the same thing 🤷🏾‍♀️

EDIT: also what doctor would give sleeping pills to someone who has admitted to abusing prescription medication?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
She splurges EVERY detail of her conditions and treatment, doesn’t she? Who can this level of granularity be helping?

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 61
Oh good, the return of her stupid 'be like a dog' advice. A couple of weeks ago she was saying she uses 0% Guinness, the mendacious little weasel. Let's also not forget that not everybody can afford to be necking Yakult in an aparthotel for several months and work their way through their worst ever illness by assaulting multiple therapists.

Medication-wise she might be talking about an SSRI mixed with an SNRI or something like mirtazapine? Seems like overkill to me but I'm not a literal expert like Jack so will have to concede ignorance on that front 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
I've got a foolproof tip for New Years Resolutions - don't bloody well start them on the 1st January! Give it at least a week.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
View attachment 955440
Is there such a thing as an "OCD specific antidepressant"? I know that some are recommended for its treatment more than others but that doesn't really seem like the same thing 🤷🏾‍♀️

EDIT: also what doctor would give sleeping pills to someone who has admitted to abusing prescription medication?
I didn’t realise she was claiming OCD too. Really hope she doesn’t start misrepresenting that as well, it’s a cruel, sometimes debilitating and misunderstood condition. I don’t know about specific meds for OCD but I know Fluoxetine (aka Prozac) can be prescribed for it. (I don’t have OCD myself but someone close to me does).

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Just dont pick up an alcoholic drink.

bleeping bleep, honestly.

View attachment 955440

Basically SSRI's

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
I absolutely loathe those who say ‘it’s easy, just don’t pick up an alcoholic drink’.

Does she have any idea how alcohol grips and controls the individual physically and mentally and doesn’t simply let go .

No she hadn’t got a bleeping clue about it , what a bleep she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.