Jack Monroe #234 A Grifty Kind of Self-Love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Didn’t Happen” of the year award (DHOTY) an account on twitter which probs doesn’t actually give an award on an annual basis, exists so people can tag them in on improbable stories.
What!? I finally thought i knew what DHOTY stood for!! Dick Head Of The Year......

It's..... Didn't Happen 😑🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 47
When someone is lying they tend to overcompensate by keep mentioning it over and over to make people think it’s still true. But it’s not. This is what Jack is doing.

It’s funny how she only tags DHOTY when she has a ‘burn’ ready, that she can’t take all the lies she tells in good grace so had to block them years ago as she was tagged that much 😂 The state of her, I wouldn’t even dare leaving the house looking like a cross between an 80’s film character and like she’s dressed in drag.

In other news, I’m tone deaf and was given an acoustic guitar for Christmas. I’ve learned three chords and can play the opening to one Taylor Swift song which I’m massively proud of. And I’m still better than Jack on piano. Or any instrument for that matter.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
@MancBee all love and light to you; as others have said, to blip is human ❤

I'm violently menopausal at the moment, and all that pleather is making me even warmer than I was already, and I'm not wearing it. I can only imagine she smells like teenage boys' bedrooms: plasticky and cheesy.

Have a bloody wash, Jack.
@OwlRightsReserved - menopausally, it’s currently noon on the equator but give me ten minutes and it’ll be midnight at the North Pole. Plus wanting to put windows through and start random fights.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Just want to send @MancBee love and a hug. I've had a bit of a blip too this last week, not proud after a year and a half "aff it" but I think we might just get there ❤🐝

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Her ex (Allegra?) Saying she's not butch enough for that jacket, it's a ubiquitous biker style jacket. Everyone wears them, particularly non butch women. The extra studs just make it a biker jacket with jazz hands eg, not butch.
It's about as butch as Freddie Mercury doing crazy little thing called love (vroomm vroooommmm)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Is that the Pretty Woman Burb?
Think that was in relation to the purchase or her Burberry mackintosh. Fancy.

ETA - found the original post by @poppycat... Maybe it wasn't the Burberry then.

Apr 22, 2020
I knew that Chinese curry sauce storey sounded familiar. Watching friends on Netflix last night Jack?
She did the same with a story about wanting to buy some designer clothing, can't remember the details as the tweet has now been deleted (so if I get details wrong don't sue me Jack :eek:), apparently she went into a *fancy shop* and the staff there told her that she wouldn't be able to afford anything, so she went back the next day and bought 2 of the item she wanted! Just to show them.
The story had an uncanny similarity to the scene in Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts is made to feel small by some shop assistants on Rodeo Drive then returns the next day with bags of designer clothing :unsure:).
When someone on Twitter mentioned the strange coincidence she said that she hadn't seen Pretty Woman when the Julia Roberts incident happened to her ……………..…..
Again I'm not in any way implying that her story didn't happen in exactly the way she related it …...…............…......…….

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Her ex (Allegra?) Saying she's not butch enough for that jacket, it's a ubiquitous biker style jacket. Everyone wears them, particularly non butch women. The extra studs just make it a biker jacket with jazz hands eg, not butch.
It's about as butch as Freddie Mercury doing crazy little thing called love (vroomm vroooommmm)
@Shawads mate, if she didn’t have that lie story the jacket, how else would she shoehorn the jacket and the value of it and being found in a muddy puddle into conversation?

With Jack, it’s never just - I was shopping in Zara and saw this beautiful jacket, so I decided to splurge and buy it as a gift to myself.
It’s always ‘My ex told me that I looked too fat/butch/femme/frail/thin in this jacket, but being the plucky smol twit that I am, I trudged home upset when my shopping trolley got caught in something in a puddle. And the jacket was there. I saw it as a sign, took it home and you’ll never guess what. IT WAS THE SAME ONE. I rang my best friend who happens to also be my therapist and they said I should just keep it and then rattle the jar on Twitter for the same one in brown.’ Jokes on you, ex.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
Seem to remember her saying that she splurged after being paid for something or other.

Screen shot courtesy of @PineappleQueen19

ETA: Allegra said that she wasn't butch enough to wear it, apparently. 🙄
iirc she bought another v expensive jacket at the same time as that one to live out a Pretty Woman moment with the (probably perfectly fine and not snobby) shop assistant

Eta oops in the time it took me to find the post and write the message, other fraus have said the exact same thing

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Sometimes I just buy myself clothing. I didn’t know it was supposed to have it’s own backstory, provenance and be a key player in my mental health journey. I’ve been doing it wrong. And I blend my eyeshadow. Am I jack normal?

• Haha
Reactions: 63
I don’t own a pet but are humans allowed back in the vets unless it’s serious? The vets near me are still having people wait the car park.
My vet allows people into the building now but they come and talk to you in the waiting room instead of letting you into the consultation room. I was allowed in when my cat was pts but they don't let you in as routine.

Have I missed something with Jack and vets from the past few days?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
30E96FFF-D82E-4BBF-8616-C87D9284621E.jpeg

I’ve only just noticed she’s changed her profile pic again. Nothing new for a year and now twice in two days.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.