Jack Monroe #230 Black-ish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to our favourite Tax Man avatar @Flash123 for the winning title, your prize? Well it’s not filed accounts, that’s for sure. Take your pick from this pile of delightfully home-dyed clothes which were previously stained and unwearable and now are...oh.

Second prize to @Boyo for “dyethagoras” nommed by er me.
This thread got off to a chaotic start being started twice with two different titles. What are we on?

Who’s up for a recap? Nobody, the light has gone from our eyes and everything is depressing. Why?

1. Jack is very down and it’s making for uncomfortable viewing
2. To hammer home how bad things are Jack dyed £800 worth of clothes black and will only wear black from now on
3. There has been a LOT of timeline-squashing. What brings you joy? What’s your favourite, red lemonade or brown?
4. Oh 💩 she got a terrified looking kitten Whose name is a portmanteau of “mithering ninny” this is the best animal-named-after-the-canal since Frau Viv Squiggle the sheep
5. Not so much breadcrumbing as chucking whole bags of kingsmill, there’s a third person staying over.
6. Jack claimed not to know what Fifteens are, so she did
7. Only one more sleep until the 2nd annual Sloppies eeeeeek
8. Jack Monroes network bandwidth has been cut off apparently, no WiFi for months!
9. Jack’s been out on a train and found a new insult “maskhole” which she’s trying to make happen. It probably won’t happen because it means the opposite of what she thinks it means

Lads, lads can you write “nominate” when you’re nominating a thread title, this makes it easier to search the thread to see whose won
Tbf I only quoted what @Dogmuck had said, so credit there rather than here 😁❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
i hope while jack is busy scampering around london on dinner dates and dying her wardrobe sludgy grey colours that SB is secretly disposing of each slow cooker one by one to ensure that his christmas dinner has some solid elements this year

I am actually still not over this

1639666958261.png

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
i hope while jack is busy scampering around london on dinner dates and dying her wardrobe sludgy grey colours that SB is secretly disposing of each slow cooker one by one to ensure that his christmas dinner has some solid elements this year

View attachment 927690
What is that next to the top Yorkshire pudding? Is it a piece of KFC chicken??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Those unpeeled carrots look dry. You can see the skin peeling away in disgust.
Screenshot_20211216-150858-01.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 61

View attachment 927690
WTAF??!!!! State of those carrots - and the rest of it….well!🤢

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I honestly didn't realise Veganish was 100% vegan. I thought it was called 'ish' (nice connection to new thread title) because it included some dairy or whatever.
I'm not certain as I don't have it thankfully but I'm fairly sure in every single recipe she just says substitute anything for anything, thus making the recipe book entirely adaptable to vegan diet or otherwise 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Posted about the Felicity Cloake column yesterday, glad to see Jack is keeping up here. Hi Jack, pay your taxes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I'm not certain as I don't have it thankfully but I'm fairly sure in every single recipe she just says substitute anything for anything, thus making the recipe book entirely adaptable to vegan diet or otherwise 😂
I bought it. I kept it just to look up anything that is required on here. It’s a really weird mix of recipes that are exactly the same as ones that have been around for years, massively over complicated things, really simple stuff that tastes of nothing, jackfruit everywhere (hence my user name) and stuff that just doesn’t work. I liked the carbonara recipe enough to actually make it twice but the portion size wouldn’t keep the kitten full.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I take it that the bread which was warming by the fire didn't work out, then?

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.