Jack Monroe #227 Between major and priest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'I don't eat fish. Release the monkeys'. Excellent 😂
I'm quite flattered Jack thinks Mercury Fish is from here. They are obviously intelligent, tenacious and have the measure of the hateful weasel.
And nobody from here has to go on twitter to make her angry, our mere existence does that.
(Her behaviour yesterday about the baby and sea walk have meant any last vestige of compassion for her I had has evaporated).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
'I don't eat fish. Release the monkeys'. Excellent 😂
I'm quite flattered Jack thinks Mercury Fish is from here. They are obviously intelligent, tenacious and have the measure of the hateful weasel.
And nobody from here has to go on twitter to make her angry, our mere existence does that.
(Her behaviour yesterday about the baby and sea walk have meant any last vestige of compassion for her I had has evaporated).
I don't eat fish. Release the monkeys

Thread title contender!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
Slightly off topic fraus... Though could be considered on topic as is the sort of thing Jack should be sharing, if she was actually a poverty campaigner. 🤔
Smol, the laundry capsule sub company are running a fundraiser, to put mini launderettes in schools in areas of need, so families have access to free laundry facilities. Apparently for every £800, they can install a launderette. Thought it was a worthy cause, as things like laundry facilities for clean clothing don't get thought of as much as say food poverty does. 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 70
I've missed it, what happened with the tax? Is she being struck off? Is the website back?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I've missed it, what happened with the tax? Is she being struck off? Is the website back?
Website still down.
Another CH strike off notice has been issued - she has a period of time to file before anything further happens (a tax frau will likely know the detail)

Reactions: 24
Re tattoos, Jack is weirdly snobby about them. Nobody actually cares about tattoos in this day and age. They go back thousands of years, even Otzi the iceman had one ffs. She makes such a big deal about them, I wonder if she regrets some of them or is embarrassed and is projecting this embarrassment onto people/companies who never judged them in thr first place.

Also I don't believe she was feeling genuinely suicidal. Sympathy fishing though.... she is very cold and calculating. She constantly manipulates situations or steal phrases to suit her own ends. She really is horrible. I do believe her mental health is affected though. Having had a narc parent, they were not normal, years of enablement and behaviours going unquestioned made him arrogant and he thought he was invincible. But under that exterior was someone very empty, calculatimg and frankly sinister. I don't think you can live like that and not be affected.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Another strike off notice has been issued (this is her third since the company was incorporated in March 2018, which is quite something) and will be published in the Gazette on 14th December. She has 2 months from that date to get her accounts filed to Companies House's satisfaction, or provide an EXTREMELY good reason why the company shouldn't be struck off, and if she can't produce either then the company will be dissolved and everything in it will belong to the government.

Probably worth noting that Companies House and HMRC are two different entities and cover different things.

Companies House - for filing your company accounts and confirmation statements. Jack or Jack's accountants need to file accounts within 9 months of the company year end each year, so since the year end is 31st March, accounts are due 31st December. The confirmation statement covers things like who the directors are and needs to be filed within 2 weeks of the anniversary of the company's formation, so Jack's is due between 15th and 29th March each year. It literally takes about 3 mouse clicks and entering your payment card details if there are no changes.

HMRC - where you submit your company tax return, which includes your profit or loss for corporation tax (confusingly, not the same as the profit and loss from your Companies House accounts, quite often) and your corporation tax bill. The corporation tax return is due 12 months after the end of the accounting period it covers (so 31st March the following year for Jack), but you have to pay the tax bill nine months and one day after the end of the accounting period (1st January for Jack), so you need to be pretty on top of it.

We know Jack is now at the maximum level of fines for Companies House, but we don't know whether there are fines accumulating on the corporation tax - it's entirely possible the corporation tax has been calculated and paid correctly within the time limits, although I don't know why the Companies House accounts wouldn't have been filed if that was the case. But just for completeness, HMRC's fines go like this:

1 day late - £100
3 months late - another £100
6 months late - HMRC will estimate your tax due and add a penalty of 10% of the unpaid tax
12 months late - Another 10% of unpaid tax added

If you get to the 6 months late stage, you can't appeal against HMRC's estimation of the amount due.

In fact, I've just realised what the date will be two months after the Gazette notice, the first day the company can be dissolved - we could be in for a Valentine's Day chaos to end all chaoses.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
The idea of us having to send someone out over the parapet to engage with her in pursuit of interesting content is just so funny when you think of our golden eras of UGC. We’ve really had it all from poems, songs, .gifs refaced, THE ART WORK ❤, memes, face tune eyeball mishaps, websites, award ceremonies, scripts and stories, live viewing parties, a database lol, like why would her naff mum on the Special-K challenge circa 1993 “humour” be sought out by us?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Clodagh whatsherface who does the cooking on This Morning just popped up on my IG. (Obviously she stole the TM gig from Jack despite being an excellent cook and pleasant to watch)
She's cooking linguine. In a shed.
Looks good.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
I’m not an expert on this but I’d think that, if her company ends up being dissolved due to not filing accounts for two years, HMRC may well look into reclaiming the furlough payments which were made to that company. Because it looks a bit scammy.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I think she has cut her losses re the company and will be fine to let it go but will use the situation to justify a beg unless the accounts reveal just how rich she is, then she will deploy all the cats.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
The one good thing to come of this is that she MIGHT stop posting so many pics of tinned fish on toast. Maybe.
Literally about to post the same thing, but you guys are all over it already!

I'm having a really terrible week and this tinned fish saga has cheered me up no end. Does that make me a sociopath?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.