Jack Monroe #222 Thank you is two words

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The forever home stuff is exhausting.They are a family of two, with All the grandparents lining nearby, they don’t need a massive place for visitors. SB will be off to uni/ live his own life in a few short years- he doesn’t need to plan a forever hydrangea with his mother! I don’t get all her boomer one session over owning somewhere middle class when she isn’t prepared to get a job and open/ pay her bills. Grrr
You'd think that someone so obsessed with buying would have their tax returns sorted. I RENT but I'm fairly certain that self employed people have to show their last two tax returns in order to get a mortgage.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I was thinking this when I watched Nadiya the other day. She makes the food that Jack thinks she’s making.
TBH I really dislike all the recipes I've seen of hers, but she has an incredibly engaging presence and is great in front of the camera. Still, sure she only got the job because she's a straight white man.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
@Into_the_tunnel I work in Washington and the amount of job applicants who think they’re applying to Washington DC is actually unreal! Its a lovely place, the Galleries is still stuck in the 1980’s with its indoor market area but very kitsch!

I know what would cheer everyone up, someone doing a Tattle cook-along of Jack’s slop tonight. Just for the laughs obviously. Someone could make prune poo jam or whatever it was. Or orange blossom tea?
I was gutted when they got rid of the Lambton worm clock (80s frau)

Her entitlement to a house is insane. After admitting her rent was late for 6 months she should be grateful she is still in that house.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
God the lack of self-awareness is staggering. She really relies on people taking her at face value. It must be exhausting being this performatively angry 24/7.

Also she'd have made a far more incisive point re: the Elphicke thing if she'd just posted the updated 'how it started/how it's going' image because I saw that and thought 'lol fair play' and then saw the reams of luke-warm takes below it and could physically feel my brain try switch gears to empathise with him instead of agree with Jack.
The difference is Miguel never claimed to be vegan.

Reactions: 28
TBH I really dislike all the recipes I've seen of hers, but she has an incredibly engaging presence and is great in front of the camera. Still, sure she only got the job because she's a straight white man.
I think Nadiya is a brilliant presenter and I'd love to see more travel and food-based documentaries with her fronting them. Her recipes I am not so keen on.

Reactions: 17
She focuses so much on being on TV. Social media presence is probably more important these days - it's global rather than regional, and you're more in control of what you can put out there.

Looking at people who swear, with tattoos, and health problems, Nat, from Nats What I Reckon, has 450k followers. Jack has 147k. He's an incredibly sweary, very Australian guy, covered in tattoos and piercings. Lost a lung to TB, very open about his previous addiction struggles, his mental health, and his issues regarding his weight. He's not got a TV show, but via his SM platforms must be raking it in - and good for him really. He and his partner put in the work creating content, he can cook, and is relatable. Jack is arrogant, unprepared, and ungrateful. She could've grown her presence via YouTube, TikTok etc, but has always chosen to focus on Twitter and wanting to be on TV instead.
We love Nat!

Reactions: 8

Her entitlement to a house is insane. After admitting her rent was late for 6 months she should be grateful she is still in that house.
Which I what made me think either she is not primary on the lease or she has a guarantor

Reactions: 20
Hasn’t the whole Essex and London schtick been *favoured* in tv for years? It’s like representation lite - they’re still mainly white and MC (or at least currently MC) but something a bit different from the RP Oxbridge grads.

I say this every time she brings up how common she is but being married to a northerner has been so eye opening on how willfully ignorant people are & that any southern accent gives you some privileges.
I do eye roll a bit when Stacey Solomon's name gets dropped, but credit to her, some consistent home, diy & organisation content on Instagram has become her own show on the bbc which is a pretty good watch tbf. She's “working class” but clearly happy in herself, warm and easy to watch. Take note Jack, TV ain't just for rich men.

Reactions: 32

I want to see the lambton worm clock 😪 I know the song but now my very own Lambton Earworm is slithering along to the tune of the lambeth walk.
Cockneys

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.