Jack Monroe #22 The Condiments Thread. Jack's in a pickle over mayonnaise.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the top bit is what heretoreaditall had said, and bellybutton’s comment starts at the apology bit.

I’m only just catching up so the comments are quite fresh in my mind
Yeah here to confirm the top bit is mine.

I genuinely am quite concerned to see this turn of events. I haven’t stormed off or shyed away I do promise, but I feel thoroughly uncomfortable engaging in this conversation as there’s been a few red flags (and even one before the ALM comment) from lint today so I do really worry. I’m not here to tell a Home Counties nana about herself tbh, it’s cruel and unkind.

The one final thing I will say to those who take offence to my (and I say my as amazingly only I got singled out?) alleged policing of the last thread is: you’re honestly telling me if JM said ALM then made reference to two black cats she owned you lot wouldn’t be on it like flies on bleeping tit? Give over. This thread would be running at 600mph and rightly so, maybe give ur heads a wobble and ask what exactly you’re here for if it’s not to hold crappy behaviour to account - where ever it occurs.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
I’m not quite sure what to say @Bellybutton, you did make a mistake in my opinion and @heretoreaditall2019 was very brave to kindly call you out.
I understand being told you’re doing or saying something offensive is horrible and embarrassing but don’t make it worse.
I feel you’re getting defensive when really you don’t need to be, just hold your hands up and let’s move on.

I’m sure everyone here is more than happy to forgive.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
You have become a real unforgiving bunch for errors in judgement and comments. From a wonderful bunch, it doesn't take you long to leap on and pummel. For those who have sent me messages, thank you. Good bye
Unforgiving? Many were patient and understanding and asked you to stay. You plead apology and forgiveness.

Then you come back with this attitude? Nah mate.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I’m not quite sure what to say @Bellybutton, you did make a mistake in my opinion and @heretoreaditall2019 was very brave to kindly call you out.
I understand being told you’re doing or saying something offensive is horrible and embarrassing but don’t make it worse.
I feel you’re getting defensive when really you don’t need to be, just hold your hands up and let’s move on.

I’m sure everyone here is more than happy to forgive.
yes, absolutely!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
You have become a real unforgiving bunch for errors in judgement and comments. From a wonderful bunch, it doesn't take you long to leap on and pummel. For those who have sent me messages, thank you. Good bye
I don’t think this is BellybuttonLint, I have a feeling it might be her husband trying to defend her.
She commented, was upset, we supported her. The new comments just don’t read like her, I don’t think she wrote them.

*I really hope I am right, they just don’t have her tone.

Edited to add, Lets move on and welcome her back tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Can I just ask why the duck am I the only one getting called out here?

Firstly you’re erasing the fabulous contributions of many wonderful women who took the time to gently guide you through the ALM to BLM pathway which is what I find most offensive, I said how I didn’t have the mental capacity to engage in long form text.

Secondly - if you want a reason to start tit with me particularly I’m here for it but it doesn’t need to wear a BLM skirt if you wanna do it, just do it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Belly button, I am genuinely sorry to see this turn of events, and your interpretation of them. We absolutely can't let statements like "all lives matter" go uncontested. I dont think there was anyone leaping on you, I certainly didn't see that. Some of us explicitly said we hoped you didn't go. Your more recent comments are uncomfortable, and I'm surprised at the turn of things.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
This is just a personal and heartfelt subject for so many, and its right that people get passionate when discussing.. So please can we use this as a safe space to have meaningful and constructive conversation moving forward?
This isnt someones blue tick twitter, and we aren't influencing to a few million. Just talking to each other, learning from each other and growing ❤

Plus I don't want Jack to have the satisfaction of watching us turn on each other 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I know we've moved on, but I went out for a walk for a couple of hours and came back to an in-house shitstorm. @Bellybutton lint , I hope you are still here. We've all enjoyed your posts over these past few weeks but I think it was right you were called out on your post.

Part of the problem is that white people don't call other white people out when they say something offensive. Often because we KNOW the person is actually nice and doesn't mean it and is just from a different generation, etc. etc. (By the way, you may be a young whipper snapper for all I know, but age is often one reason/ excuse to not pull someone up on something). And it is uncomfortable to say something, it would be much easier to ignore it. And apologising, responding, engaging is also hard. So please don't take the 'easy' route and leave. Sure, have a break but come back here. We love having you and we want to keep gossiping with you. But this is also an opportunity for all of us to check the resources posted and think about who we follow, pay attention to, etc.

I read a lot and have made a decision that as soon as I'm done with my current book, I'll only read books by authors who are from different ethnicities to mine for the rest of the year. I haven't ever chosen an author based on their skin colour, but I think by default I read a lot more by white authors - they are more prominently around me. So taking this tiny extra step of actively seeking out different authors may help me shift my perspective and learn something new.

Also, I love Tabitha Brown. She's def one to follow on Insta.
Tabitha Brown is amazing!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thought this was a good post from Mob Kitchen -

You might be following the tagged accounts already so apologies if I’m sharing obvious info. I’m embarrassed it’s taken recent events to make me see the lack of diversity in my social feeds.

Reactions: 9

Firstly you’re erasing the fabulous contributions of many wonderful women who took the time to gently guide you through the ALM to BLM pathway which is what I find most offensive, I said how I didn’t have the mental capacity to engage in long form text.

Secondly - if you want a reason to start tit with me particularly I’m here for it but it doesn’t need to wear a BLM skirt if you wanna do it, just do it.
I’m sorry you feel singled out. I was just as in agreement with you. I’ve really valued your posts actually. And I do feel like we need dialogue, and it’s a shame, and shameful that we need to coddle white people (like I am too) through it. I was being kind because I wanted to engage with a process of learning and reflection. But for whatever good it did.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

i don’t know why either. Please try not to get too wound up, think of your health. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This is just a personal and heartfelt subject for so many, and its right that people get passionate when discussing.. So please can we use this as a safe space to have meaningful and constructive conversation moving forward?
This isnt someones blue tick twitter, and we aren't influencing to a few million. Just talking to each other, learning from each other and growing ❤

Plus I don't want Jack to have the satisfaction of watching us turn on each other 😕
babe, same!

(But really I don’t want her seeing this either)

we love you @heretoreaditall2019

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.