Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
I have the goods.

(Just as a side note, it cost £4.03 for five of the items, so it’s certainly not 2p per serving or whatever it is she claims)

25067979-9A2A-4B51-9CBC-395991F2A814.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 82

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I love how we initially liked the trifle defender just because she saw through Jack, and, well, defended her trifle.

But it turns out she’s also such a cool person. I love her Twitter, you read through it and think “ah, THIS is how good a food writer’s Twitter can be!”.

She highlights so much in her local community, but then also shows the work of food writers and recipes from all over the world. You can tell she has such a keen interest in it all and knows her stuff.
Then you look at Jack’s tweets in comparison and they’re even more 👀
Trifley D you are a queen!

• Heart
Reactions: 82

Vanelope

VIP Member
Words that do not belong in a food description
Goop
Nosh
Smattering
Hoof
Scrabble
Twang

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81

PortiaControl

Chatty Member
Things on this thread that never fail to make me owl champagne:

1. Literally any variation of the "Lady Di/Lady die" poem
2. Tom Cruise Maverick gif
3. [Insert Name/Object/whatever] is DEAD!
4. Ditto [whatever] LEFT!

Seriously, never stop. I will not get bored.

French tips Jack has got to be high up on the list of Most Cringe Jacks surely?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Hello lovely fraus. I used to comment occasionally during the heady days of DKL and her live appearance on this thread. Was furloughed at the time then gave up my account when I went back to work as I have no will power and this place is too funny and I was spending far too much time here!

Anyway I created a new account as I missed the mithering ninnies of the cabal. Couldn't resist coming on to say thank(space)you to @BeautifulTrauma for tonight's cookalong and I hope the prune smell goes away soon.

And also to say that Mushroom Rogan Josh recipe has me gobsmacked - 200g of mushrooms, 1 tin of tomatoes and two onions - serves effing FOUR? How does she get away with this bollocks. Isn't the entire recipe is like 250 calories or am I just missing something?

• Heart
Reactions: 79

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
IT'S NOT LOW SUGAR WHEN IT HAS THREE SOURCES OF SUGAR IN, JACK. STOP ADVISING DIABETICS, YOU ARE RISKING THEIR HEALTH.

• Heart
  • Angry

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
I tried one tiny bite but from someone who doesn’t like prunes it wasn’t the best person to taste.

1) It never hid the taste of the prunes from the ‘youngling’. If he doesn’t like prunes, don’t put them in a fucking cake.
2) It was really thick, like when you eat a sponge pudding but it was just gross. I think I was very aware there was cooking oil in it and it was making me feel gross trying it.
3) The taste just wasn’t for me. Prunes soaked in prune juice, again I totally don’t get why she’d give it to her son who doesn’t like them.

• Heart
  • Sick
Have these squigs all been drinking from Jack's corroded tin-lined copper kettle? They all need welfare checks, I'm genuinely concerned they could have carbon monoxide leaks in their homes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
10D367FA-0BF5-407C-96BA-636F761774D0.jpeg

it even smells revolting. I feel sick going anywhere near it!

I feel like I’m handling dog turd

It’s going in the oven…

40B3920E-7ACB-477D-9534-310DC5A70DBE.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 78

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
Jack: “Food is my love language*”

*except when I refuse to make roast potatoes on CHRISTMAS DAY, instead serving grey carrots and sprouts from the slow cooker and SmartPrice Yorkshire puddings from the freezer.

Seriously, she needs to admit that food isn’t her love language, it’s a mechanism to control, manipulate and punish people around her. I don’t know how she’s come out of this huge stint in therapy with this commitment to self-care through food without a therapist actually questioning why a person with a clearly disordered relationship with food is clinging onto a career in it without any evident enthusiasm other than for the social media engagement that food in particular garners. Like, these therapists have just not done a good job, sorry.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
Surely though, if she’s attending these meetings and not making it up (which is 50/50 at the moment) the group leader has a responsibility towards the people in the group for their welfare. I’m thinking about how I would feel if I had shared with the group and JM just decided to either put it in a tweet or a diva.pdf for her own gain and sympathy from people. There must be hundreds of ‘famous’ people in rehab or group meetings that we don’t know about as they choose not to broadcast it and it’s in the rules not to. People will stop attending, imagine going and taking that first step and being overpowered by Jack and her steady stream of narcissism, her experiences are worst - I can imagine the leader needing an eye roll reaction as she continually pushes her narrative whenever they’re asked for someone to tell their story. I would never share a thing with Jack in the group as quite simply she’d take the story and make it her own on Twitter for attention.

One things for certain though, if that AA group had a group chat I would bloody love to be in it.
You raise so many valid points and I wish I could have this conversation with you IRL. I’ve never wished for a voice note function on tattle but this would defs suit one!

In short, it’s a very challenging situation and not very clear cut and as a young(ish) woman in the rooms is something I think is a fault with them, in honesty. I’m an AA evangelist but you have to remember these were spaces carved out by men for men in America in the early 1900s, so safeguarding young women (or anyone who wasn’t a white straight man lol) wasn’t a priority when writing the ~founding texts~. The secretary and other senior members don’t rule with an iron fist & there are regular group consciouses to discuss matters of like communal well being, as well as local and regional and national meetings and a head office to seek advice from. Some groups do it better, I’d imagine a LGBTIA+ group would be more open in their interpretation of texts and shit hot on it than a west London old school meeting for OG old timers? But even saying that feels like a disservice as largely everyone is very open to safeguarding the new comer. And I love my OGs!

I can’t say what happened for obvious reasons but I’ve been in different meetings where issues of individual and group safety have been flagged. I’ve flagged things. But they do have to go through a process of handling it, and usually that starts with talking to that person about the concerning behaviours to try and help them as usually it’s a sign of some form of emotional distress, or maybe that person isn’t aware of their actions’ impact on others? And I do agree that everyone deserves a shot and I’m glad AA doesn’t just abandon people, but I have also felt unhappy in the handling of some situations. But would I have been able to do better? Probably not - plus I’m not God or the boss, none of us are, and you are welcome to leave at any point if you feel unsafe / not go back to that meeting too. Like we are responsible for our feelings and what happens to us, in the same way I’d get off the tube or speak to the person next to me if I felt unsafe I have left meetings or sought comfort from an old timer if I’ve been distressed by something I’ve heard. Unfortunately it’s like any situation in life, you may not like what you hear or see.

In a way what Jack is doing is worse, though. Again can’t compare and contrast as that entails divulging details but someone in the throes of a rock bottom “acting out” is challenging to be around but at least you can see it for what it is and have empathy for them. A grifter trying to sell these stories to the guardian to buy a USB mirror from Harrods is just beyond my comprehension. I can’t understand where her anti AA vendetta is from?

Also sorry to be typing so much on this, defs would like to hear what my recovery comrades have to say on this all ❤

Hello, if you are comfortable answewring, what is an 'AA biopic' and what is 'the yellow card rule'? I tried googling the first question but not the second. Thank you for all your sensible challenges of the riduclous stuff Jack writes. X
Sorry yet another comment! There’s no such thing as an AA biopic sorry I meant as in, why you’ve not seen a Hollywood adaptation of the founding of AA, or why you don’t see a reality tv series or a mockunentary style show because to be involved in creating one would go against the traditions, so you wouldn’t! Yellow card rule = “who you see here, what you hear here, when you leave here let it stay here”. It’s read out at the end of meetings and out of context it could look like trying to silence people from speaking out about bad things but it’s not, it’s basically to keep rooms a safe space for everyone.

I’m gonna get a tattle ban for these essays sorry 😳

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

MancBee

VIP Member
View attachment 853983
“Feel like a Del Monte prune”
Dip your head and look vapid, nailed it (also, new era of middle class mum cardigan and bob chic?)
A couple of pages behind, so hope you haven't moved on too far, but I had to comment. As you all know I very rarely swear so when I do, there really is no suitable alternative. For anyone that is facing true hardship, actual medical conditions, real problems, or untold worries, this is a FUCKING insult. FUCK OFF with your performative affirmation nonsense Jack, it is nauseating, disrespectful and offensive.

I feel better now.

ETA. I should have read on before commenting. You lot have made me laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. And of course it is deleted. Rollercoaster of emotion this thread. You can't stay angry long with the wit of the cabal to turn things around.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
In our last thread...
-Jack finally promoted the Diva photo shoot and essay, it was later deleted
-In this week’s edition of “how can I trigger people” Jack bemoaned a non-existent area of weight
-She tripped and knocked her glass kettle over. Or something. Curiously missed the opportunity to claim dyspraxia, blamed it on that well-known cause of tripping up - ADHD
-The latest performative poverty started with a boot held on by a hairband and ended with a load of nonsense about using an antique copper kettle once it’s cleaned up (it will never be cleaned up)
-The Russell Hobbs at Russell Hobbs offered a free replacement #gifted
-The Fraus unearthed evidence of about 5 previous RH kettles in the last 9 years....
-#30daysdelicious got off to a great start with Jack offering aunt Bessie’s roast potatoes and gravy for “breakfast”
-#29daysofnofurtherupdates although she’s been busy with weird falafel and brioche balls which look....the same?
-Jack united people on the island of Ireland in disgust and shock by potentially ruining “fifteens” forever, but swiftly deleted the evidence. It was dry but it’s not even baked so how...?
-Are tippex French manicures a cause of disproportionate satisfaction? They are for Jack.
Where’s the pumpkin guts recipes Jack? And the companies house accounts, tax, patreon rewards.,,.
Read The Wiki (as they say on other threads)
No Swears In Thread Titles
we were happily including bumhole and rimming in the Becky Holt threads threadtitles (because that’s what goes on) and they all got taken off by the mods, be warned

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 73

Boyo

VIP Member
Afternoon ninnies. Let me take you back to a sublime comment from the trifle posts… ‘Good light’ 🤣🤣🤣

681B0BDB-B8F9-4EBB-B1C6-5B674E68E31C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72