Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MancBee

VIP Member
I needed cheering up after yesterday's hospital visit. I am creased up with laughter...Oooft, that'll do!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
Just wanted to say that I read Jack’s account of alcoholism and AA before Tattle and - having alcoholics in my close family - none of it rang true but it also had this weird effect of confirming some biases I had: everyone is meetings is old, there’s creepy men, it can be sketchy af, not super effective (given her constant talk of slipping up).

Since reading Tattle and the honest, caring accounts of @heretoreaditall2019, @LennyBriscoe and many other lovely Frauen und Herren, these myths have been totally dispelled and it actually feels reassuring to know that if I ever need to I could go to a meeting and engage with the process, and if I emerge even half as thoughtful and empathetic as you guys that’s a win.

It’s been said better up-thread but the entire thing is self-promotion, just as everything she has ever done. She doesn’t care about the poor or the hungry or alcoholics, it’s just about enriching herself and continuing the public exposure which gets her noticed among a band of sycophants who ask her how to pickle something rather than googling (or just… knowing that it’s vinegar, sugar and salt?!?!)

• Heart
Reactions: 71
This take is hot out of the mini oven:

Isn't the point of a traybake to make a large cake that can be easily served up in squares or rectangles on a picnic or party? Doesn't really require a plate and a cake fork - more of a hold in your napkin type of cake? Typically found at potlucks, school fetes, parties, etc.?

Also, applesauce works well in many vegan recipes. I have no issue with it. The only issue I do have is that it comes from US recipes and an American applesauce is a very different beast to a UK applesauce. It is much more like the apple puree you can buy here in pouches or pots for babies. It's sweeter than UK applesauce, it's not chunky and it never, ever contains vinegar, cider or starch, which a lot of shop bought UK versions use. It's because applesauce in the US is eaten as a snack on its own or mixed with yoghurt or on potato latkes or sometimes pancakes, whereas UK applesauce is a condiment to many meat dishes.

Anyway, why am I mithering on about it? Because in baking it will make a huge difference whether your applesauce is smooth or chunky, whether there is vinegar and starch in it or not and what the sugar content is. However, I assume that her prune concoction would always be disgusting, so I guess the old adage remains true - applesauce is applesauce.

• Heart
Reactions: 70

Falkor

VIP Member
That squig near the end of the last thread who finished their comment to Russell Hobbs with 'You ain't no Smeg, bro' is an absolute legend.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Fucking hell Jack, just make a cake your son would actually want to eat. You know, with chocolate, buttercream, smarties. Fuck off with that prune shite. Or are you looking for another reason to live tweet the squits again?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Greetings from the afterlife, I have expired from the gravy comment ☠ 1 tbsp of baking powder to 175g flour is way too much but it's the only way the cake mix would not collapse in on itself and suck Southend into a black hole.

Also I don't mean to alarm anyone, but I might have manifested the combination of sardines and prunes 😐
slopbot's prophesy.png

• Haha
  • Heart

Emmapism

VIP Member
I love the taking a picture of the cake saying it has worked when there are no bites out of it, no shots of the texture inside..... She's just such a fucking con artist and everything she makes is garbage

• Haha
  • Heart