Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The texture of weetabix as intended is already too sloppy for my personal taste, so the thought of Jack going out of her way to make them sloppier has ruined my morning.
When I was a child I somehow developed a habit of buttering weetabix and eating them as you would slices of toast. I always acknowledged this as a bit weird though, rather than marketing myself as a quirky culinary genius (Jack if you're reading this then you absolutely do not have my permission to replicate this "recipe", thanks)
I saw someone do this on the internet the other day.

I think I would prefer weetabix with butter (I simply cannot afford it so would probably use lard) than have it with hot water.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm going about my business shopping in Sainsbury's and reading Judy Powell's obituary when Jack references pop up 😯

20210916_203055.jpg

Screenshot_20210917-113017_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Hand grinding weetabix to a fine dust. Just another ballache, time-consuming activity that Jack set herself.
What on earth does she have against texture? Why does it have to be “warm and sloppy”?? Is she absolutely sure that her son likes it, because it’s basically baby food she’s making here. 🤢

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Have we ever discussed this? SB loves Weetabix in the morning so of course his mum has to .... grind down the Weetabix into an 'unappetising dust' to save "vital school run minutes".

View attachment 767237
the more i look at this the more i actually feel really sad! I really hope the speculation that SB primarily lives with his dad is true. Eating weetabix dust for breakfast doesn't make you bonkers jack, it makes you the most depressingly dull person on the entire planet

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
DKL...day 3
Matt is being adorable with 2 kids who have been cooking in lockdown. In 2 minutes of airtime they have shown more warmth and natural talent than Jack has shown in over 10 years on telly.
Matt is giving proper banter and the kids are batting it back. Really cute telly. I could do with more cuteness like this!
One of the kids, Lola, says she really likes honey and has used it in recipes during lockdown. Matt asks favourite recipe and she stutters 'on pancakes' and he agrees it is a lovely way to have pancakes. She is 8.
Then he goes to Jack.
She's been watching it with her shark grin (you can see it on Matt's monitor when the camera goes behind him)
First thing out of her mouth....'well I'm Greek so I know what to do with honey' and then 'I know how to use it properly '.ffs.
Got to flex on those eight year old girls somehow!

I like the off brand ones best because they don't go as mushy.

For some reason, weetbix appears on this list, so maybe you're not too strange! View attachment 767433
They appear to have got the top and bottom rows mixed up.

Also the image of SB wanting Weetabix and Jack going straight for the pestle and mortar is killing me

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
After Weetabix dust the thought occurred to me… did the J1g also get decanted into a smol grubby jar with a dyno-tape label? I’m sure she’ll have an appropriately teeny tiny pixie spoon.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
This is the one of the series that freaks me out the most. That one, blank, scarily unfocused eye peering giddily at the camera. (Urgh - shudder).
Jack misses the mark in her posed photos all the time and I find it hilarious and sad (for the time wasted). Doesn't matter the brief, guaranteed to void it of all it's intended idea.
I used to work with a lass like this. She amateur models on instagram all #model #bondage #peach #sexy in complicated-as-duck lingerie and stuff. Somehow voided of sexiness I think because it is clear she is trying too hard...doesn't feel natural or real.

Edit: spelling

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I like the off brand ones best because they don't go as mushy.

For some reason, weetbix appears on this list, so maybe you're not too strange! View attachment 767433
Are Madeleines biscuits? Do they go soft or hard when stale?
Party rings should be way up there and chocolate digestives over chocolate fingers for anyone over 10.
Ginger nut has been done wrong also

I have more opinions on this than I thought I would

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Are Madeleines biscuits? Do they go soft or hard when stale?
Party rings should be way up there and chocolate digestives over chocolate fingers for anyone over 10.
Ginger nut has been done wrong also

I have more opinions on this than I thought I would
Fig rolls and garibaldis can bog off

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Jack misses the mark in her posed photos all the time and I find it hilarious and sad (for the time wasted). Doesn't matter the brief, guaranteed to void it of all it's intended idea.
I used to work with a lass like this. She amateur models on instagram all #model #bondage #peach #sexy in complicated-as-duck lingerie and stuff. Somehow voided of sexiness I think because it is clear she is trying too hard...doesn't feel natural or real.

Edit: spelling
Complicated lingerie!
Ha, once walked passed agent provocateur with my mum and the window was a bra that looked like two spiral pipe cleaners so I commented that didn’t look too comfortable. Mum said it was probably for bedroom activities! I said i don’t normally say - hang on a second I have to get into my special bra first.
Saw my mum in a different light then.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.