Jack Monroe #206 I wouldn’t trust her with a spam fritter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have we ever discussed this? SB loves Weetabix in the morning so of course his mum has to .... grind down the Weetabix into an 'unappetising dust' to save "vital school run minutes".

View attachment 767237
1) just have porridge?! What is the POINT?!
2) the idea of mixing this dust with mainly water and just a splash of milk makes me so sad. Give the boy some bleeping calcium.
3) shocked, SHOCKED, that a child raised by a mother who exclusively cooks slop should enjoy slop for breakfast.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
1) just have porridge?! What is the POINT?!
2) the idea of mixing this dust with mainly water and just a splash of milk makes me so sad. Give the boy some bleeping calcium.
3) shocked, SHOCKED, that a child raised by a mother who exclusively cooks slop should enjoy slop for breakfast.
I don't understand why she seems to think it's necessary to microwave the weetabix rather than just microwaving the milk and pouring it over the weetabix. But who am I to understand what goes on in that strange lil pixie brain of hers!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
This. Weetabix is in my top 5 breakfast cereals. Reducing it to dust would literally ruin it.

LET US HAVE WEETABIX YOU UNREPENTANT BERK

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Have we ever discussed this? SB loves Weetabix in the morning so of course his mum has to .... grind down the Weetabix into an 'unappetising dust' to save "vital school run minutes".

View attachment 767237
She really cannot cope with texture at all. And weetbix with water just sounds like an exercise in self mortification to be honest 🤢

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
She really cannot cope with texture at all. And weetbix with water just sounds like an exercise in self mortification to be honest 🤢
I wouldn't mind so much if she was doing this for herself (though it would very much be in ED territory), it's the fact that she's doing it for her growing son. Basically ruining his favourite breakfast.

• Sad
Reactions: 39
Hand grinding weetabix to a fine dust. Just another ballache, time-consuming activity that Jack set herself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Issues with the weetabix….

1. how does it save on washing up? You still need to use a bowl which still gets filled with crusty weetabix regardless of whether you use milk or water.

2. Obviously using water is wrong on all levels. We all know about the people who put water on cornflakes. I am not going to go into in it in greater detail. She is a triggering menace.

3. Grinding up the weetabix means there is now no indication of portion size. No one in that household will be getting enough weetabix. Just as Jack wants. See point 2.

4. In summary, all of it is performative bollocks to make us think she a)eats barely nothing b) puts extra effort in for her son c) is a rushed single mother.

Sorry for the sub points.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Is it just easier to list what isn’t on the pile of ‘yeah, never happened’?

I’ll start - Jack was on DKL, that did happen and wasn’t a figment of our imagination.

Though I do think we need a welfare check on dear @MooBelle who is rewatching DKL….you ok hun?
I made it through. No nightmares, slept surprisingly well!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 22

View attachment 767237
Isn't it the point that the Weetbix sucks up the warm milk, kind of expands, gets fat and is soft and stodgy when you eat it?
I liked them like that as a kid and part of the enjoyment was watching all that happen.
But of course, I'm forgetting that SB is allowed no enjoyment while consuming anything she makes.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

View attachment 767237
But now nearly impossible to determine portion size and a good ratio of weetabix: milk?

Even with a baby/toddler who doesn’t want to leave my side it’s not hard to wash hands, put a biscuit in a bowl, smush it a bit with my thumbs, poor milk, smash up more with a spoon, get on with other bits whilst you wait for milk absorption, serve? Nurseries manage 12+ concurrent portions of the stuff without doing this.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Ok here is goes.

I am not well off at all but my children are both slim active children. Every morning they have 2 slices of toast and a bowl of cereal with milk. None of these things cost the earth.

They dont have massive portions of either but its enough to keep them full to lunch.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
The texture of weetabix as intended is already too sloppy for my personal taste, so the thought of Jack going out of her way to make them sloppier has ruined my morning.
When I was a child I somehow developed a habit of buttering weetabix and eating them as you would slices of toast. I always acknowledged this as a bit weird though, rather than marketing myself as a quirky culinary genius (Jack if you're reading this then you absolutely do not have my permission to replicate this "recipe", thanks)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Cable! Guess what day it is?!

Clue:
View attachment 767172

One year ago today was the greatest day in Twitter internet world history!

Spoilered because it's long and old.

😭😭😭
Truly a seminal day in the Jackiverse.

That "I've lived enough awful lifetimes" tweet is giving me the rage all over again. Let's examine just where all these awful lifetimes could have fitted in:

Childhood? Nope. Grew up in a five bedroom house with two loving parents still in a stable relationship, ballet lessons, etc. Sounds pretty bleeping idyllic to me?

Early adulthood? Doubtful. She waltzed into a highly paid (for her age) job because of daddy's connections and was living in an "executive apartment." Went on to have a healthy child with a present and supportive father.

The Poverty. This is the one period I'll concede because it does sound like she and SB had a crappy time of it (although to use the well-worn cliche, if she'd called her dad he could have stopped it all). It was, however, a relatively short period compared to many others less fortunate (lasting from anywhere between 6 and 18 months, depending on the article or interview - notwithstanding the frankly fanciful claim that she "lived rough for two years.")

Post-Poverty? No chance. Engaged to a millionaire, bestselling books, living in an expensive townhouse and mixing with the West London media set.

Now? Lives in a £700k house by the sea, crammed full of high-end furniture and gadgets, is paid the equivalent of a monthly salary by strangers just for existing and evidently has enough money besides to afford extended stays in London aparthotels.

I don't doubt that she's had hard times (haven't we all?) but she's determined to give the impression that her comparatively charmed life has been abject misery from Day 1.

Unless she's talking about literal other lifetimes - we haven't had Past Life Jack yet, have we? No doubt she was also the most persecuted and victimised person of the time in each of her prior incarnations.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Haha I missed the For Sale sign debacle first time around 😂 Omg hilarious.
Were any journalists tempted to write about it, as she feared? What angle would they have taken? Estate agent puts for sale sign on wrong house by mistake?
Why didn't Jack just call her landlady first?

And the biggest question of all - who was the large malign group of bullies targeting her family?

• Haha
The texture of weetabix as intended is already too sloppy for my personal taste, so the thought of Jack going out of her way to make them sloppier has ruined my morning.
When I was a child I somehow developed a habit of buttering weetabix and eating them as you would slices of toast. I always acknowledged this as a bit weird though, rather than marketing myself as a quirky culinary genius (Jack if you're reading this then you absolutely do not have my permission to replicate this "recipe", thanks)
I like the off brand ones best because they don't go as mushy.

For some reason, weetbix appears on this list, so maybe you're not too strange!
IMG_20210916_212221.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.