Jack Monroe #202 All of my spoons tell stories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t she ever just write:

Pork and mushroom bolognese. Look out for the recipe on my blog!

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Mmmm, lovely, slightly burnt slop. Bet SB’s dad is really regretting agreeing to go on holiday with Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Vegan thing deffo over then? For a woman with so many slow cookers, you’d think she would have put it in one of them.

Also ‘once and done’ is back I see.

Who needs a recipe for that. How inept are Jacks followers.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
The spoon.... why is there always cutlery plonked in the middle of these abominations? I hate that!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Does anyone else think that doesn’t sound like Jack’s “voice”? Are Caroline and her hands finally un-furloughed?
Agreed. Giving me Britney Spears' social media handler vibes. It's probably because she's doing her absolute best to remain zen and unbothered while responding to the cabal's To Do list. Anyone reckon this holidaying with the child's Dad is a bit of a last supper before he goes off to big school and visits once a month or so 😬

Reactions: 30
There’s a far better (imo) poem about blackberry picking by Seamus Heaney, but it won’t have the same melodramatic gravitas as Plath for Jack.

Surprised she didn’t reference Lady Macbeth with ‘will these hands ne’er be clean?’ (good question) and ‘Out, damned slop spot.’
Sylvia Plath used to work on her poems, I mean really work. Not spending ten minutes over a cup of slow cooker tea, then showing off about how she dashed off in a moment of inspiration, because she is so bleeping deep.

One of the reasons why Sylvia Plath was a poet snd Jack isn't. That and Jack having no discernable aptitude for writing poetry.

Have I mentioned that Jack poem about stones in pockets was egregious tit. I think I may have.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Agreed. Giving me Britney Spears' social media handler vibes. It's probably because she's doing her absolute best to remain zen and unbothered while responding to the cabal's To Do list. Anyone reckon this holidaying with the child's Dad is a bit of a last supper before he goes off to big school and visits once a month or so 😬
That’s exactly how I saw it yes.
It’s curious how she’s still mentioning SB’s dad, since she said in that weird spiral beach post that she was home and “back to work”.
I hate speculating about this stuff though, if something’s changed and it’s in the best interests of SB, good for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
There's something very taking your reluctant teenager on a day trip about that yellow coat pic. Lots of the other 'activist' types are doing stuff to raise funds and awareness for the Afghan appeal, meanwhile Jack is out squishing blackberries down into a milk bottle
I heard that Jack was gently stiching things behind the scenes, and keeping keeping her DMs open for the refugees.

So very important work.

Although to be fair I think it is better she doesn’t get involved. She would only end up making herself look like a tit again.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
It makes me feel uneasy that she is bringing SB and his dad into her social media. Surely some relationships should be kept offline. I don’t care what is going on there - but her son is at an age where everyone knows what is on the internet and it will be awkward for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Mmm, who doesn’t love an incinerated layer. Yum yum. Recipe please!
In that blindingly massive paragraph, I read it as ‘distinctly chargrilled sick on the bottom of the pan’, and thought, ‘She’s gone too far.’

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Why would a literal food expert be photographing ans writing an Insta post about serving something incinerated?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Our wee smol pixie in flower fairy form.

PS, have Jack and Sali Hughes ever been seen at the same time?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Oh god, I've been off the forum since thread 132 which was posted in January but I was reading in April (yes I was constantly running on a 3 or 4 month grunka, it's been so long I can't even be sure that's the phrase anymore). I never posted much but was following along very happily during my pregnancy and following the birth of my first baby in April I basically forgot about everything other than trying to workout how to stay alive and keep my child alive in that post birth haze.

I was just on Instagram now, while my 16 week old sleeps, and well up popped our Jack! Many happy memories of this site came back to me in a flash so I came over here and couldn't find the thread! I thought it'd fizzled out :(

After 45 seconds of being a technofail I found the thread and so happy to see I've got about 70 more to catch up on.

Love to all! See you next Jan!

• Heart
Reactions: 90
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.