Jack Monroe #202 All of my spoons tell stories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow.

It's amazing that someone can do an enormous amount of research, reading so many articles by and about Jack Monroe, without picking up on the fact that she has been lying about absolutely everything since day one.
Not everyone can be expected to be as forensic as we are, dear heart.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
"I argue that accusations of Monroe as falsely claiming a working-class identity or as a ‘phony poor person’ deliberately prohibit cross-class solidarities among those punished by austerity."

We just don't like rich people on twitter fleecing people of their heating allowance, Jessica.
It's the fact that the author clearly knows that Jack's middle class through and through, yet continually lied about being working class, and just ... glosses over that, for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
It's the fact that the author clearly knows that Jack's middle class through and through, yet continually lied about being working class, and just ... glosses over that, for me!
It's the fact that she sees Jack's infamous quote about not wearing tracksuits and watching Jeremy Kyle and goes, "Look, she's deconstructing societal myths about poverty!"

Just such a weird, nonsensical interpretation. It really feels like she started her research with a decision already made about what her findings would be, and twisted everything she came across to fit.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Oh dear. I got excited and thought it'd be a critique of the way Jack sets herself up as an anti-austerity campaigner, while also drawing on classist tropes to further her career, and thereby strengthening the media narratives around the 'feckless poor'.

No such luck! We need one of our resident academics (love to see them popping back for this :love:) to do that paper.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Should we be hiding emails and full names etc? Poor lass
Ah didn’t think of that because it’s published article. Will
Guys sorry to be a party pooper but we shouldn’t openly trash her other stuff just cos she deigned to write a paper on Jack.

We also should avoid using / showing her full name and contact details - it doesn’t have to be a takedown of her. The last thing we need is her coming to the thread to defend herself 😂
apols if the link wasn’t allowed, assumed it was due to it being published. I can’t remove it now.

Reactions: 20
Screenshot_20210820-120812_Instagram.jpg

🤢🤢🤢 Who picks up blackberries with the palm of your hands? You get messy fingers at a push.

And who brings a glass milk bottle out to collect blackberries? So impractical... they already look like theyre fermenting 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 69
View attachment 721339

🤢🤢🤢 Who picks up blackberries with the palm of your hands? You get messy fingers at a push.

And who brings a glass milk bottle out to collect blackberries? So impractical... they already look like theyre fermenting 🤢
looks like she seriously manhandled them to get them in the bottle. I guess having stolen the bottles you gotta use them

• Haha
Reactions: 35
She's collecting them in a milk bottle specifically to mirror the Plath poem, it's pathetic.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
enhanced-26298-1432220843-2.jpg

Jack's £80 worth of Joseph + Joseph* tupperware sat in the draw as she picks out a milk bottle to store food.

*pure speculation m'lord but it's branded and overpriced so I wouldn't be surprised.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Totally impractical as it’ll be a bugger to get the blackberries out of the bottle. She’ll probably do something weirdy with them like bash them around with a twig.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.