Jack Monroe #197 Site currently unavailable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a big fan of the tantrum which led to the revelation that the slot on This Morning had been lost due to slightly undercooking pasta. I think because of the nah-nah-raspberry blowing billy bigbollocks chat (on the work org wallpaper) before it.
Eamonn’s Easter island face & ‘get on with it!’

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I like when she claimed to have learned to cook by reading the ingredients on the back of ready meals.

Has she actually read an ingredients list? It’s always tit like: water, sugar, reformed pork, sucralosedexahydrate… yeah I’ll just go pick some up from Asda.
Haha yes, imagine going into Asda, and asking, “excuse me where do I find the E-numbers please?”

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Haha yes, imagine going into Asda, and asking, “excuse me where do I find the E-numbers please?”
They’re so much cheaper to buy in bulk I guess 🤣
It’s all fantasy, she was already a collector of cookbooks and thrower of dinner parties before The Pov.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Just my opinion, when JM first started sharing her (still questionable) recipes for Sainsburys, The Post Office etc by video, she has a team behind her. The results while a bit cringy were acceptable.

The collaborations 2020/21, Hellmans, Del Monte, Linda McCartney and all were probably reeled in as JM got the DKL gig, BBC1 presenter! Perhaps her agent got in quick before actual broadcast.

They would have thought they were paying for a team, JM wanted it all for herself. The results speak for themselves and future collabs? Unlikely!

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I wonder if after the undercooked pasta saga Ruth and Eamon walked into management declaring

• Haha
Reactions: 47
It doesn’t happen, though weirdly enough. On that Belle Gibson documentary ( on iplayer) she was published with a narrative that was a complete pack of lies. No due diligence whatsoever. A good tale sells, and that’s what publishers are interested in.
I watched this documentary last night.

Even Apple failed to do any due diligence checks on Belle Gibson. The journalists and the BBC struggled to get answers from them about this and in the end, they just said that all they cared about was whether her wellness app worked or not! Nothing about the web of lies her ‘product’ and internet persona was based on.

That’s where we are now. Post truth - all that matters is the money.

People fell for Belle Gibson’s cancer story just as Jack garners sympathy from her squiggles with her many ailments, mystery ‘treatment’ breadcrumbs and historic poverty backstory. They drop information that can be interpreted in different ways. These grifters can be very clever.

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.