Jack Monroe #197 Site currently unavailable

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh, Fraus I was very excited to see 10 pages ahead of me this morning!

I don't think she's at the crappy bungalow and she's definitely not with SB. If she were then we'd have had a picture of the back of his head with the kickyball on the telly. Or Cooper in front of the telly. Probably paused picture of her BFF Marcus taking his shot.
Then there would be some bullshit quote along the lines of 'Mama, we may have lost the match but we have won in our hearts because Marcus's work with you is more important than kickyball '

I also have to echo others in the fact she is such an unbelievable ghoul for shoehorning her sad little video in. Who does that? (Well, other than her?)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Kevin Lasagna sounds like a character from Bob's Burgers (more so than Jimmy Pesto :)). Love it!!

I grew up with a disproportionate amount of Dutch boys called Kevin (it was a top-5 babyname the 90s apparently), so I suspect there was a great football player in the 80s to make it a fashionable name :D (also read that due to the inactivity of propsssional sports there are less babies in 2020 namen after sports poeple).
Is he a relative of Bella Lasagne from Fireman Sam?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Racists will not listen to #be kind hashstags because they dont want to be kind and sometimes i think by saying it like that encourages them. They are nasty, angry spiteful people and it takes alot to change their way of thinking telling to be kind is not one.

Yeah, I find it upsetting that people retweet the abuse as well. If you want to speak out, go for it (I think big football professionals and the media should), but why give more oxygen by placing screenshots? Keep that stuff away from the retinas of your black friends man, don't amplify the hate. And there will always be these accounts, because they know it will get retweeted (and I would not be surprised if it was professional troll farms that do this to create a sense of division. The 'Chips with Everything' podcast once had an episode with a Russian journalist who had worked undercover at such a farm)

Like last week I only knew of the awful comments on the crying German girl because so many people retweeted it to speak out against it. As a result it became so much bigger and the Johnny-five-followers troll didn't give a tit. I think society hasn't found a way yet to deal with such abuse (social media) in a way that doesn't amplify it. People should report it, but think before they give more oxygen to the abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Morning fraus, popping back in from lurk-town to note how pissed off I am the Jackanory has popped up and somehow chatting tit AND covering herself in glory about the England team last night. I’m RAGING that’s she’s using her tenuous link with Rashford when she didn’t even support the work he’s been doing with Tom Kerridge. Behind the scenes doesn’t count, even if Marcus is your best friend. God she’s awful ( sorry for the rant but she’s really made me angryyyyy) Also I hate the idea of her acting as some kind of Rashford protector. More performative bullshit and I’m well placed to say Black Brits DO NOT WANT THAT
Wow I’m annoyed.
Anyway am sure this has been covered…. Will off I go back to lurking on hilarious threads of people I don’t know but the Tattlers humour keeps me here. Byeeeeee 👋

Morning fraus, popping back in from lurk-town to note how pissed off I am the Jackanory has popped up and somehow chatting tit AND covering herself in glory about the England team last night. I’m RAGING that’s she’s using her tenuous link with Rashford when she didn’t even support the work he’s been doing with Tom Kerridge. Behind the scenes doesn’t count, even if Marcus is your best friend. God she’s awful ( sorry for the rant but she’s really made me angryyyyy) Also I hate the idea of her acting as some kind of Rashford protector. More performative bullshit and I’m well placed to say Black Brits DO NOT WANT THAT
Wow I’m annoyed.
Anyway am sure this has been covered…. Will off I go back to lurking on hilarious threads of people I don’t know but the Tattlers humour keeps me here. Byeeeeee 👋
Deffo should have grunked before off on one 🤦

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Oh god, I just looked at Twitter.
She's actually posted that dire video TWICE. (Posted it then QT it in a reply)
The secondhand cringe is off the charts!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Oh god, I just looked at Twitter.
She's actually posted that dire video TWICE. (Posted it then QT it in a reply)
The secondhand cringe is off the charts!

The absolute joy on her face when her big moment came is always lovely to see again. I can't decide which of these would best replace her pinned post.

1626074549950.png

1626072696892.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Fairly sure there'll be more chaos before the thread's out, but for now Marcus! Marcus! Marcus! feels like a perfect next thread title. @lilamay excellent work 👩‍🍳💋

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
T we need them tweet was vile. How about all the betting sites just tweet ‘don’t be racist wankers - you don’t deserve to support a football team if you are.’
Poor Marcus and Saka and the rest of the lads. I don’t know that much about football and I quite frankly couldn’t watch closely because of nerves but there was a feeling of ‘we was robbed’ this morning. Don’t know how true that is - Italy certainly got better and better.

back to Jack - well nothing has changed there! Implying you worked with Marcus on school meals without saying what you actually did is shameful - you did duck all! Stop clinging on to better people for validation and likes on Twitter

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.