Jack Monroe #196 You know, I'm something of a poor myself

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Greatest shits' has ended me.

I love how she's let us in on the 'editing process' for her new book which is just old recipes on post its. How does she do it? Guess it must be that ol' maverick brain of hers!

I certainly couldn't write down the title of an old recipe and stick it on the wall. No sir.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I would love to see the actual editing process of the editors though. A document with tracke changes and comments to see what they do with her dreadful descriptions and moany writing, and the feedback on weird tit like using dryer lint as a fire starter.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I love how she's let us in on the 'editing process' for her new book which is just old recipes on post its. How does she do it? Guess it must be that ol' maverick brain of hers!

I certainly couldn't write down the title of an old recipe and stick it on the wall. No sir.
Do the publishers even know she’s plagiarising herself? Or are they SO fed up with her inability to meet a deadline/inability to submit a half decent draft, they’re happy for her to hand over pretty much any old tit at this point?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
'Greatest shits' has ended me.

I always though editing stuff was changing the odd word or phrase and ensuring there was correct punctuation. Not a post note in sight.

Perhaps i have been editing work all my life.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I always though editing stuff was changing the odd word or phrase and ensuring there was correct punctuation. Not a post note in sight.

I honestly think the post-it edit was all for us mithering ninnies. She even says to zoom in! I don't think it's for the book, I don't even think there is a new book coming anymore!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Do the publishers even know she’s plagiarising herself? Or are they SO fed up with her inability to meet a deadline/inability to submit a half decent draft, they’re happy for her to hand over pretty much any old tit at this point?
as someone who very much resents the 99p I paid for a Kindle copy of Tin Can Cook, I can confirm they've accepted tit recipes before, why not recycled tit recipes? Perhaps they can spin it as environmentally friendly!h

edited for typo!

Last edited:
  • Haha

I imagine that she submitted the book and it came back from the publishers with all the unusable stuff penned out, looking like some sort of highly sensitive government document which has been redacted.

images.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I honestly think the post-it edit was all for us mithering ninnies. She even says to zoom in! I don't think it's for the book, I don't even think there is a new book coming anymore!
That is exactly what I thought. Adding the fire starter and the diy light was what made me think it was for our benefit. Two "handy household tips" in amongst a load of previously published recipes just doesn't make sense. That wall of notes would only take an hour tops to write and stick up.

She has so much time on her hands, is so obsessed with here, and has such a childish attitude, it is definitely something I can see her doing. It really wouldn't take that long, and the false praise and adulation from the squiggles is just a happy consequence. She has done it to see who spots which Post It.

I can imagine her chuckling away to herself about how she had us trying to decipher what each Post It note meant. She is probably doubled up with laughter at the suggestions for "black and cheese".

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
That is exactly what I thought. Adding the fire starter and the diy light was what made me think it was for our benefit. Two "handy household tips" in amongst a load of previously published recipes just doesn't make sense. That wall of notes would only take an hour tops to write and stick up.

She has so much time on her hands, is so obsessed with here, and has such a childish attitude, it is definitely something I can see her doing. It really wouldn't take that long, and the false praise and adulation from the squiggles is just a happy consequence. She has done it to see who spots which Post It.

I can imagine her chuckling away to herself about how she had us trying to decipher what each Post It note meant. She is probably doubled up with laughter at the suggestions for "black and cheese".
Or sitting with her tongue out scribbling down potential ideas. Good old ninnies so helpful.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
The recipe for the domino biscuits should be interesting.

Screenshot_20210629-112116_Fenix.jpg

Screenshot from @lilamay
Screenshot_20210629-113554_Opera.jpg

Remember when we were domino biscuit shortbread truthers? Great days 🥰😭🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 75
I think it was for us too. We're the only ones that would really pay attention to it all. She missed the attention we give her and so treated us to a fluorescent smorgasbord of slop 🥰

• Haha
It looks like the rabbit has been weaponised.
It's worth mentioning that activated charcoal can mess with the metabolism of medication, they use it in overdoses to stop poisons being absorbed.

Does the pasta and sauce not have a burnt charcoal like taste?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I am still feeling a little nauseous following the posting of the liver and lentil bolognese recipe yesterday, not helped by the fact that my response to liver is similar to The Fonz (one for the older fraus!)

KQwCd-1591066968-hd4-13.jpg

Hasn't she already offended the Italians enough...

• Haha
Reactions: 27
It's worth mentioning that activated charcoal can mess with the metabolism of medication, they use it in overdoses to stop poisons being absorbed.

Does the pasta and sauce not have a burnt charcoal like taste?
I wondered that too. Also, would it not taste a bit, you know, gritty?

Reactions: 16
Eat beets and activated charcoal and you will think you are bleeding from both your upper and lower G.I tract every time you open your bowels.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.