Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AlphaBetaDeux

Cable, c’est moi AlphaBeta, deleted my profile and went offline for a bit when I moved jobs but now I am returned. Tried and failed to sign up with my old address, but I’m still the same eejit who mixed up Jimmy Nail with our Novak. I am sure I have missed so many chaos and capers, but mostly have missed the warmth of the coven.

:love:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81

MancBee

VIP Member
View attachment 618122
Sorry for the swears. 15/6/2020
I live in a council owned 1960's block of flats that had the exact same cladding as Grenfell installed. It was only removed a few months ago and we are still awaiting the new insulation and cladding to be put up.

I was part of the residents group involved with the initial installation on our block, and I can tell you it is not as simple as Jack makes out. I can hardly believe the audacity of her, thinking that she knows the facts to make a pronouncement. All because she once, many years ago, briefly answered the phones in a call centre.

As for her statement that it was due to racism, can she explain how we had the self same cladding on a block with majority white residents. It could quite easily have been my block that went on fire, it could quite easily be majority white people that had died. Or do our lives not matter to her? The fault for the cladding disaster is far more nuanced than she could ever understand. The enquiry will no doubt come up with a catalogue of errors. I can put my hand on my heart and state that anyone who was involved did not want the death of anyone. Without doubt they would do things differently had they been able to see into the future.

She has never even lived in a tower block, certainly not one covered in flammable cladding for 5 years after the horrendous Grenfell, the way many people across the country have (and some still do). She doesn't realise how privileged she is to live in the property she does. All she does is complain about having to rent. Well it might come as a surprise, but most of the residents in these social housing blocks also rent!

She can keep her misinformation and ill informed judgements to herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 78

Raker

VIP Member
She basically writes fanfiction about herself. It's hilarious when it's incidents that are of absolutely no significance/didn't happen, but really quite dark when it's a tragedy like Grenfell.
That’s it exactly — that’s her whole online life!!

(also thread title nomination!!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @Vanelope for the words and @JuliaGulia for the nomination! 🎉 Your prize: one Mulberry bag, stained. Not with original strap.

Recap of last thread

1. She came back like the maverick master, and with newfound wisdom: You Don’t Have to Rinse the Beans.
2. True to form, she made a slow cooker dish that perfectly complemented the warmer weather. So light and summery.
3. She found a bargain of a charity shop skirt. Skirts that turn your eye to the side, cock that leg out nice and wide, strike a pose, Vogue.
4. She was nominated for another nonsense award, and then un-nominated? I’m not sure.
Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search. Also, try to hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
View attachment 615254
Anniversary of the sideboard photo shoot.
🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔 13/6/2020
If anyone was not already aware, this was the origin of my username. Thanks @MaineCoonMama now I'm in a fugue state. I've eaten a dozen soft slow land eggs with a tablespoon, called someone a cunt on Twitter and reminisced about the Harvester salad bar. I think some cold hard cash ought to make me feel better though <rattle rattle>

• Haha
Reactions: 76

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
One of the things I really dislike about Jack is her lack of support and generosity towards her peers. She laps up their praise and revels in their retweets of her work but never retweets theirs. It's extremely telling.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 75

Ellabella

VIP Member
Lads! I'm finally, finally, back in real time.

Had a lovely break in Edinburgh, where I found the most wonderful little non-chain restaurant serving delicious burgers, it was called Five Guys. What have I missed?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
She's a grief thief. The only time she feels alive is when she's in crisis or makes her herself part of someone else's. When Jo Cox was murdered, Jack wrote an utterly over the top insta post and someone who knew Jo criticised her for it in the comments. I seem to recall something about Jack and her friends wailing in grief and Jo's friend being absolutely furious at Jack's narcissism.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 74

kachoochoo

VIP Member
oh, I just love it when lurkers delurk! that was me once and look at me now!

delurk and you too could one day accidentally text your family Jack content!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73

colouredlines

VIP Member
Facebook is suggesting that I read a Guardian article about "Ten cooks who changed the way we* eat"

* the Guardian we, that is

Screenshot_20210616-205501_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
The haunting images of Grenfell, the tower aflame and those poor brave firefighters sat exhausted with their kit on trying to come to terms with what they have dealt with, knowing that they will only find bodies the next time they go in.
And Jack prancing in and trying to take credit for being there and get paid to write about it.
what a shit person she is.
That blog really is nauseating. I hadn't read it before. To imagine the distress and agony of the hundreds of people present is beyond me but Jack is 'waved through the Police cordon by a stony-faced officer' as though she is the someone of note that they have all been waiting for - the one she longs to be.
Hard to understand this truly awful thirst for self-agrandisement at the price of someone else's pain.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 72

bowiethesdmn

VIP Member
That blog really is nauseating. I hadn't read it before. To imagine the distress and agony of the hundreds of people present is beyond me but Jack is 'waved through the Police cordon by a stony-faced officer' as though she is the someone of note that they have all been waiting for - the one she longs to be.
Hard to understand this truly awful thirst for self-agrandisement at the price of someone else's pain.
She basically writes fanfiction about herself. It's hilarious when it's incidents that are of absolutely no significance/didn't happen, but really quite dark when it's a tragedy like Grenfell.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
SB’s dad said to be a great help when it becomes apparent he is the full time parent.
There’s no way a child lives in that house, sorry but once you see it you can’t unsee it. Apparently he’s into football, where’s the paraphernalia in the garden? My neighbour has a similarly aged son & they do a *football team* coloured wash they’ve got so many bits from PJs to kits. There’s a goal post, one of those weird things with holes cut out to aim balls into, about 20 balls all shapes and sizes, a trampoline, a big inflatable pool, my garden has more balls in it from the boy next door than her does from her SB? Where’s the shit in the house - scooters, bikes, backpacks, school blazers, notes and school certificates on the fridge. A room that looks like a youth hostel / the IKEA bargain corner cos there’s nothing personal in it? To coin a Jack term he’s wheeled out when it benefits her misty eyed rhetoric but even the biggest compulsive liar on Twitter has stopped pretending re: that now.

• Heart
Reactions: 69