Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A couple of things from my morning grunk. I found a pair of brand new Guess? boots in a charity shop for $8 about 20 years ago. They had a broken zip, cost me a few dollars to fix. I still have those boots, they've been to many a gig and festival and I've loved them like I paid the original $695 AUD for them.

Second, I really don't want to hate on next door's mini Schnauzers but by duck, now it's been pointed out they are the spit of Jack with her manky fringe! Poor sweeties.
Love your new profile pic 🙈😝

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
As for calling it 'structurally unsound' what does that even mean? You apply that phrase to buildings and structures. STOP GETTING WORDS WRONG.
Adjectives are like herbs, you can just use them interchangeably.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I don’t buy LM except for the shredded duck. I am a flawed woman.
Me too! Used to buy the sausies cos they are good value but one day the kids refused to eat them and now we get Richmond meat-free.

Did this get served to world leaders so that’s why everyone thinks our food is shocking? Everything was shocking in the 70s from what I’ve heard, but still.
This was normal in the 70s / 80s. My mum had cookbooks full of savoury jellies and used to make a sort of milk jelly with lychees in. And she subscribed to a magazine called Microwave Know-how which had meecrowahve recipes for everything.

Jack would have fit in then I think.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Now will Jack attempt a savoury jelly?! Can it be worse than the last offering which was truly vile looking. Will we manifest this?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Me too! Used to buy the sausies cos they are good value but one day the kids refused to eat them and now we get Richmond meat-free.

This was normal in the 70s / 80s. My mum had cookbooks full of savoury jellies and used to make a sort of milk jelly with lychees in. And she subscribed to a magazine called Microwave Know-how which had meecrowahve recipes for everything.

Jack would have fit in then I think.
I half collect vintage recipe books, partly for how awful they can be. Do you think Jack maybe also collects them, but actually takes them seriously?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It’s very much a matter of taste, really. Some people rinse ‘em, some don’t. I’ve always found that non rinsed beans give a slightly bitter flavour.

Levi Roots is a legend, we’re huge Reggae Reggae sauce fans chez Bellend Towers!

Also (bit behind on this one) who on Earth subs juniper berries for rosemary?! I’m out of chillies. Hang on, a cucumber will do 🙄
He’s great but I did get irritated when he used the term “cultural appropriation “ about a recipe of Jamie Oliver . I was like “get over yerself” with that as I consider all recipes as a basis to be played about with.

Reactions: 21
The food, cattos, hot political commentary or the silence wasn’t helping our smol pixie with her follower count, but the thirsty thot shot brought them in. That’ll do. Time for only fans for you Jacko, it’s clearly what your public want.
F89CE1FA-DCC0-4078-BFF6-BF27F757FCE5.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
OnlyFans (for consenting adults of legal age) is more honest than what Jack does

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Have been trying to triangulate the Mulberry, seems to be a men’s briefcase style, something like this... original rrp £795
9FA34233-D814-416D-A9FF-C4647C23D2C1.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Now will Jack attempt a savoury jelly?! Can it be worse than the last offering which was truly vile looking. Will we manifest this?
If she does, she will duck around with the recipes, ensuring readers ' it will set later' only for it to remain a puddle of piss with bits in it (just speculation m'lud)

• Haha
  • Sick
Did this get served to world leaders so that’s why everyone thinks our food is shocking? Everything was shocking in the 70s from what I’ve heard, but still.
It was. Wish I'd still got my mum's Fanny Craddock book. Banana candles (rolled in jam with dessicated coconut glace' cherry for the flame. Not to mention oeuf ala Riga involves dyeing boiled egg yolk blue.😨

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Have been trying to triangulate the Mulberry, seems to be a men’s briefcase style, something like this... original rrp £795
View attachment 608131
I was looking too, but can't see anything really alike. I'm not sure that genuine Mulberrys would use this kind of material joining the bag itself to the handle? I don't know what it's called, but it's also on the shorter handle. If you see what I mean - I'm not being very articulate this morning.

Screenshot 2021-06-08 at 09.26.03.png

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Ah masculine aesthetic of course.
Ok I take it back - but how she has got a dip dye effect going on I don’t know. (I do it got left in a puddle)
The dip dye effect is where she smashed half a bottle of whisky in it, she said it stained the leather 🙄.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.