Jack Monroe #193 Mama, pass the UNICEF statistics and the Hansards!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The guitar picture does remind me of when I was following her in good faith of being directed to afforbale vegan recipes and her posting some of her singing videos. I remember thinking: "And why are we hearing of this?"

It probably took me another year to realise her content is just tit (and I blame giving her too much credit on the Katie Hopkins trial)

ETA: "And why am I hearing of this?" is one of my favourte ways of changing conversatiosn I don't feel like engaging with.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I’m amazed she admitted to paying £4.99 for a skirt. Usually she makes out her charity shop bargains were 20p or 50p, which is bollocks because charity shops haven’t been that cheap in years.

Reactions: 46
Felicity Cloake's piece on cassoulet is one of her best, I think: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2014/mar/19/how-to-cook-perfect-cassoulet

(What a difference between two food writers. You can really see that one of them loves food, and the other...does not.)
I'm only part way through the article but yeah there really is a difference in tone. I am slightly confused that the author seems to imply different beans have different properties though, are they not all the same like herbs and bank accounts?

Love food writing like this, whereas the way Jack writes seems like she goes out of her way to make it all sound unappealing.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Not the “first book advance” bag again- gets some airing that lie story
But bless she’s tagged them.
D2367834-B741-40C0-ADA8-93674B62DA12.jpeg

Also shes NOT recovered 🙄
0BB82C6A-CC4A-4ECA-B9DF-48FD3C1A05B5.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
bag strap not as pricey as I thought #frugalmama #gettingclosertotheforeverhydrangea

Screenshot_20210607-150706_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 35
How can a strap have no structural integrity? But I'm sure Mulberry are THRILLED she's tagged them, not sure they'll retweet her given that she's basically said the strap doesn't last.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee pile of slop passed off as Christmas Dinner!! That pose. The guitar. Her awkward fizzog. But then I saw a certain author who knows LOADS about real poverty saying "very nice x" and I had a bigger rage. Humph.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I cannot believe that not one person out of her followers (and any unsuspecting victims due to retweets) hasn’t said a bad word about THAT SLOP. I think it’s her worst yet, and there is a wealth of pics to choose from. Not even one little ‘🤢’?! It is pure and utter bile, like literally the last puke you do on a night out before collapsing in bed with your head in a bucket. She’s really missed her calling in a props/special effects department.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee pile of slop passed off as Christmas Dinner!! That pose. The guitar. Her awkward fizzog. But then I saw a certain author who knows LOADS about real poverty saying "very nice x" and I had a bigger rage. Humph.
Loki's a total head tbf.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
How can a strap have no structural integrity? But I'm sure Mulberry are THRILLED she's tagged them, not sure they'll retweet her given that she's basically said the strap doesn't last.
Fairly sure Mulberry does repairs.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
You look well!

Well I'm not! So there!

Why does she go to the effort of facetuning herself/trying sooooo sooo hard with Thot shots and then whenever anyone dares to say she looks healthy always always always come back with, I AM NOT!

Are you never okay Jack? Never? Never well? What chronic condition do you have?

Arthritis that somehow isn't affected by allegedly going barefoot in the snow? You ridiculous bleeping grape

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Thank you, Dear Heart, I am well, just ridiculously busy now the warmer weather has begun…Mrs. B has just shown me the latest Twatter stuff and ye gods. That posting of presumably non sentient ham and vegetables in slightly greasy dishwater…what the holy duck?!
And to the squig whose MIL doesn’t rinse kidney beans in the making of rice and peas: what the holy duck?
Why is it that Jack rinses beans when it’s not necessary, and then when it is, doesn’t?!
Haven’t done a proper grunk, so apologies if those questions have already been answered…!!
I'm a bit nervous to admit this, but I don't rinse the kidney beans when I make rice and peas because Levi Roots doesn't http://www.leviroots.com/recipes/rice-n-peas/

has Levi led me down the wrong path?

in general I do rinse beans of the non baked variety, especially if there is a chance the can contained BPA. I have dabbled in aquafaba but read that it's nutritionally void, which put me off.

I wish I had something hilariously inventive to say about the slow cooker chaos but I think you guys and gals have it covered.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Well ya know she only bought the Mulberry bag because it’s an investment. Obviously if she’s poor again, say, poor enough to not be able to buy butter, she can simply sell the world’s mankiest bag second hand. Form an orderly queue.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Well ya know she only bought the Mulberry bag because it’s an investment. Obviously if she’s poor again, say, poor enough to not be able to buy butter, she can simply sell the world’s mankiest bag second hand. Form an orderly queue.
You'd think she would have looked after it better?! Shows her complete lack of value of anything.

Reactions: 41
Well screw the rest of you I for one can’t wait for the recipe for this one. I’m totally of incapable of bunging any old stuff in a slow cooker and leaving it till it’s lost all texture without being told how. Maybe i should tip her?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.